RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Where the hell is Wright? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111360-where-hell-wright.html)

Dai Pad 12th February 2018 11.19:41

Re: Where the hell is Wright?

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2114796]I can only assume he is injured. He was injured then appeared on the bench our last couple of games but if he is fit I would assume he would be on the bench as there was no cover for the central areas on the bench.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Maybe our local reporter should be asking the question!

LlayDragon 12th February 2018 11.51:01

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2114823]I think maybe as it was a must/should win at home Keates thought he wouldn't need another holding type midfielder in the squad/on he bench so decided to stack out his attacking options.

I think we should be starting Wright with Wedge with Deverdicks + Franks on the wings, don't know about the forwards then though as Boden, Quigley (when fit) and Holroyd all should be starting really. It's nice to have options but he has to get it right.[/QUOTE]

I'd say Wright is more box-to-box than holding; but he certainly does more defensive work than Kelly.

Wedgebury and Carrington was two holding midfielders and it was painful. We looked far more effective when Wright replaced Carrington, and I remain hopeful that Keates' will revert to this pairing. We all saw that this was our best midfield partnership.

pagl 12th February 2018 13.10:27

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114838]I'd say Wright is more box-to-box than holding; but he certainly does more defensive work than Kelly.

Wedgebury and Carrington was two holding midfielders and it was painful. We looked far more effective when Wright replaced Carrington, and I remain hopeful that Keates' will revert to this pairing. We all saw that this was our best midfield partnership.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Our form and performances with 2 holding midfielders was dire. Seems to have been forgotten.

We have options now in the centre but I still feel that DK needs to bring in a player in his own image :)

Red Light 12th February 2018 13.38:56

Think it might be a case of who do you leave out of the match day squad ?

Especially now Deverdics has arrived - however other than Wedgbury nothing else in midfield shone - it was a poor performance on Saturday and a game we could have lost.

If Wright is recalled then DK will need to drop someone and not necessarily to the bench - only 4 outfield players to place on the bench and with the recent signings we wont be able to accommodate everybody.

Danny Boy 12th February 2018 13.45:15

[quote=LlayDragon;2114838]I'd say Wright is more box-to-box than holding; but he certainly does more defensive work than Kelly.

Wedgebury and Carrington was two holding midfielders and it was painful. We looked far more effective when Wright replaced Carrington, and I remain hopeful that Keates' will revert to this pairing. We all saw that this was our best midfield partnership.[/quote]

Yeah, box to box but more on the holding side of some of the other attackers, and perhaps less likely to impact the game going forward then a Franks or a Mackreth (Although I could probably impact more then him at the moment).

[quote=pagl;2114848]Agreed. Our form and performances with 2 holding midfielders was dire. Seems to have been forgotten.

We have options now in the centre but I still feel that DK needs to bring in a player in his own image :)[/quote]

True, but that was with Rutherford and Kelly out wide and Carra in the middle, plus an unfit and very poor Boden or Reid/Massanka. We could get away with a less attacking middle two (if you class Wedge + Wright as this) if the other four are made up from Deverdicks, Franks, Boden, Holroyd or Quigley.

It's nice to have options.

pagl 12th February 2018 13.47:02

[QUOTE=Red Light;2114854]Think it might be a case of who do you leave out of the match day squad ?

Especially now Deverdics has arrived - however other than Wedgbury nothing else in midfield shone - it was a poor performance on Saturday and a game we could have lost.

If Wright is recalled then DK will need to drop someone and not necessarily to the bench - only 4 outfield players to place on the bench and with the recent signings we wont be able to accommodate everybody.[/QUOTE]

Its hardly a problem really though is it. Mackreth hasn't done anything to justify a place even on the bench, Rutherford is out this week anyway.

At this stage of the season we simply have to be playing our best players and look to be as strong as possibly from the off. If this means dropping some then TOUGH.

John Neals Dynasty 12th February 2018 13.56:55

[QUOTE=pagl;2114857]Its hardly a problem really though is it. Mackreth hasn't done anything to justify a place even on the bench, Rutherford is out this week anyway.

At this stage of the season we simply have to be playing our best players and look to be as strong as possibly from the off. If this means dropping some then TOUGH.[/QUOTE]

Yes the likes of Mackreth need dropping to the reserve side where Wright can get his matchfitness back 😂 oops we dont have one.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 12th February 2018 15.49:37

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2114860]Yes the likes of Mackreth need dropping to the reserve side where Wright can get his matchfitness back �� oops we dont have one.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Both Quigley and Wright need game time to regain match fitness. Not having a reserve team hampers our ability to do this and keep the fringe-players on the ball.

Needs to be reviewed ASAP.

Hampshire Red 12th February 2018 15.56:17

I know we had a disappointing result last Saturday but would have thought we'd get near 400 Reds for this one, especially as it's against one of our close rivals. The first of three away fixtures for me (+ Woking and Eastleigh) before the end of March. Must admit that my track record at these grounds is mixed:

Sutton - 5-0 win in Trophy (when they were in Conference South) and 1-0 defeat last season
Woking - a couple of draws and a couple of defeats.
Eastleigh - three 1-1 draws.

Need at least a draw on Saturday and at Eastleigh and a win at Woking (where I don't think we have ever won!)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.15:12.