Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2018, 14.47:54   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Where the hell is Wright?

So Holroyd on the left, Franks in the right, Wedgbury holding and then Deverdics or Wright as the other with licence to go forward. Deverdics has the better quality in the ball but Wright can drive forward with the ball at his feet.
Old 13th February 2018, 15.25:43   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
So Holroyd on the left, Franks in the right, Wedgbury holding and then Deverdics or Wright as the other with licence to go forward. Deverdics has the better quality in the ball but Wright can drive forward with the ball at his feet.
Holroyd on the left seems a waste to me. Even though Deverdics performed poorly there at the weekend I'd prefer him there.

Wright and Wedgebury seems our best midfield pairing. Wright does at least press forward with the ball and can stand-up to physical opposition.

If all our strikers are fit I can't see past Holroyd and Quigley up-top; with Franks deputising for Rutherford on the right.
Old 13th February 2018, 15.32:34   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Holroyd on the left seems a waste to me. Even though Deverdics performed poorly there at the weekend I'd prefer him there.

Wright and Wedgebury seems our best midfield pairing. Wright does at least press forward with the ball and can stand-up to physical opposition.

If all our strikers are fit I can't see past Holroyd and Quigley up-top; with Franks deputising for Rutherford on the right.
What's with the love in for Wright? He's a decent player as a defensive midfielder but can't pass a ball or create the telling opening. He may well benefit from the coaching he's getting and may well have been in our better early formations this season but we are now more attacking and Wedgebury is the better defensive option currently.
Old 13th February 2018, 15.45:26   #24-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
What's with the love in for Wright? He's a decent player as a defensive midfielder but can't pass a ball or create the telling opening. He may well benefit from the coaching he's getting and may well have been in our better early formations this season but we are now more attacking and Wedgebury is the better defensive option currently.
Wright isn't a defensive midfielder; which showed up pretty well when he replaced Carrington earlier in the season. The fact that he's strong enough and big enough not to get cowed by the opposition (like Kelly) doesn't make him defensive.

No particular love; I can just remember how our central midfield picked-up when he came into the team. At the moment we've got Wedgebury constantly working at full-pelt to make up the bottle-job playing next to him. There's no wonder he faded in the second-half on Saturday.
Old 13th February 2018, 17.20:38   #25-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Wright isn't a defensive midfielder; which showed up pretty well when he replaced Carrington earlier in the season. The fact that he's strong enough and big enough not to get cowed by the opposition (like Kelly) doesn't make him defensive.

No particular love; I can just remember how our central midfield picked-up when he came into the team. At the moment we've got Wedgebury constantly working at full-pelt to make up the bottle-job playing next to him. There's no wonder he faded in the second-half on Saturday.
Problem with Wright as someone said is the fact he hasnt got a final ball, and his shooting is awful. If he had those attributes he'd be in League 1.
Old 13th February 2018, 17.55:43   #26-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Problem with Wright as someone said is the fact he hasnt got a final ball, and his shooting is awful. If he had those attributes he'd be in League 1.
He would; but at least he helps to lessen the gap between the midfield and forwards.
Old 13th February 2018, 22.56:50   #27-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Something has clearly gone on. Itís all very bizarre.
Old 13th February 2018, 23.31:56   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
And now we are 'stuck' with him for the next 2 and a half years!
Old 13th February 2018, 23.40:34   #29-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Still carrying an injury was in TF today.

Sorry to spoil the conspiracy theories.
Old 14th February 2018, 00.51:04   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @kanyewest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
Still carrying an injury was in TF today.

Sorry to spoil the conspiracy theories.
That's crap news.

We do need some creativity in the centre though. Deverdics alongside Wedgbury please Keates.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Thread - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.35:04.