Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th February 2018, 22.34:40   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Red View Post
I know we had a disappointing result last Saturday but would have thought we'd get near 400 Reds for this one, especially as it's against one of our close rivals. The first of three away fixtures for me (+ Woking and Eastleigh) before the end of March. Must admit that my track record at these grounds is mixed:

Sutton - 5-0 win in Trophy (when they were in Conference South) and 1-0 defeat last season
Woking - a couple of draws and a couple of defeats.
Eastleigh - three 1-1 draws.

Need at least a draw on Saturday and at Eastleigh and a win at Woking (where I don't think we have ever won!)

Sorry but we need to start beating close contenders away from home it's a 6 pointer & before you say it yes we beat Tranmere but they were struggling near the bottom then, we lost at Macc Aldershot Fylde Dover, if we lose and Sutton win their games in hand we're well out of winning the league and will struggle for the play-offs, no we need too be bold away and go for the win it's draws that are costing us.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2018, 06.42:28   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Where the hell is Wright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its hardly a problem really though is it. Mackreth hasn't done anything to justify a place even on the bench, Rutherford is out this week anyway.

At this stage of the season we simply have to be playing our best players and look to be as strong as possibly from the off. If this means dropping some then TOUGH.

I was thinking more so in relation to the midfield - agree now Rutherford is suspended for the next match the decision will be easier but positionally a midfielder needs to drop out to accommodate the inclusion of Wright.

To me playing Wedgbury together with Wright resulted in us sitting very deep - Deverdics did OK at Guiseley but was very poor v Halifax and Kelly blows hot and cold and doesn't impose himself on the midfield. Not sure if DK has worked out how the midfield will work best - it's an area of our team that is a mystery in itself.

I feel the inclusion of Mackreth as an ongoing bench warmer is to hopefully introduce some game changing pace for the last 20 minutes - good in theory but he doesn't have the ability and is extremely poor - to change the outcome of a game in the closing stages it's the final third that needs changing - this is why I think DK has left Wright out recently.
Old 13th February 2018, 13.47:54   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

So Holroyd on the left, Franks in the right, Wedgbury holding and then Deverdics or Wright as the other with licence to go forward. Deverdics has the better quality in the ball but Wright can drive forward with the ball at his feet.
Old 13th February 2018, 14.25:43   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
So Holroyd on the left, Franks in the right, Wedgbury holding and then Deverdics or Wright as the other with licence to go forward. Deverdics has the better quality in the ball but Wright can drive forward with the ball at his feet.
Holroyd on the left seems a waste to me. Even though Deverdics performed poorly there at the weekend I'd prefer him there.

Wright and Wedgebury seems our best midfield pairing. Wright does at least press forward with the ball and can stand-up to physical opposition.

If all our strikers are fit I can't see past Holroyd and Quigley up-top; with Franks deputising for Rutherford on the right.
Old 13th February 2018, 14.32:34   #23-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Holroyd on the left seems a waste to me. Even though Deverdics performed poorly there at the weekend I'd prefer him there.

Wright and Wedgebury seems our best midfield pairing. Wright does at least press forward with the ball and can stand-up to physical opposition.

If all our strikers are fit I can't see past Holroyd and Quigley up-top; with Franks deputising for Rutherford on the right.
What's with the love in for Wright? He's a decent player as a defensive midfielder but can't pass a ball or create the telling opening. He may well benefit from the coaching he's getting and may well have been in our better early formations this season but we are now more attacking and Wedgebury is the better defensive option currently.
Old 13th February 2018, 14.45:26   #24-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
What's with the love in for Wright? He's a decent player as a defensive midfielder but can't pass a ball or create the telling opening. He may well benefit from the coaching he's getting and may well have been in our better early formations this season but we are now more attacking and Wedgebury is the better defensive option currently.
Wright isn't a defensive midfielder; which showed up pretty well when he replaced Carrington earlier in the season. The fact that he's strong enough and big enough not to get cowed by the opposition (like Kelly) doesn't make him defensive.

No particular love; I can just remember how our central midfield picked-up when he came into the team. At the moment we've got Wedgebury constantly working at full-pelt to make up the bottle-job playing next to him. There's no wonder he faded in the second-half on Saturday.
Old 13th February 2018, 16.20:38   #25-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Wright isn't a defensive midfielder; which showed up pretty well when he replaced Carrington earlier in the season. The fact that he's strong enough and big enough not to get cowed by the opposition (like Kelly) doesn't make him defensive.

No particular love; I can just remember how our central midfield picked-up when he came into the team. At the moment we've got Wedgebury constantly working at full-pelt to make up the bottle-job playing next to him. There's no wonder he faded in the second-half on Saturday.
Problem with Wright as someone said is the fact he hasnt got a final ball, and his shooting is awful. If he had those attributes he'd be in League 1.
Old 13th February 2018, 16.55:43   #26-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Problem with Wright as someone said is the fact he hasnt got a final ball, and his shooting is awful. If he had those attributes he'd be in League 1.
He would; but at least he helps to lessen the gap between the midfield and forwards.
Old 13th February 2018, 21.56:50   #27-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Something has clearly gone on. It’s all very bizarre.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.16:11.