RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Table predictor for the rest of the season (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111361-table-predictor-rest-season.html)

smotyns 6th April 2018 10.11:05

Re: Table predictor for the rest of the season

[QUOTE=petered;2130769]Who knows where we will finish!! What I do know is the management and players undoubtedly want to finish as high as possible. Where we finish is where we are good enough to be. Wether thats 2nd or 8th.
Wasn't it stated that this was a long term plan to get the club back into the FL. Two-three years? Well if the improvement of the squad progresses like it has this season then promotion,if not this year is looking a distinct possibility next season.[/QUOTE]

This season has been a marked improvement on the previous one. At the start of the season I felt we would be just outside of the playoffs. The fact that we have been involved in the promotion race all season has heightened expectations. Unfortunately, the results and performances haven't been good enough to still be challenging for automatic promotion. It is only the mediocrity of the league that has kept us in the play off hunt. Let's hope our propensity to draw games doesn't come back to haunt us.

We have been strong and difficult to beat but lack the creativity to sustain the challenge; a strong defence will prevent defeats but it's goals that win you matches. We have 5 games left of the normal season to find the balance between being hard to beat and an attacking brand of football. This is vital to get the results required to get us into the playoffs and to give the team confidence to take into the knockout games. Our cup form hasn't been good over recent years and this is a worry if we do have an extended season. The mindset needed to win the playoffs is one of playing to win and not one of making sure you don't get beat.

pagl 8th April 2018 14.18:09

[QUOTE=pagl;2130171]Revised numbers are - which still means a draw at home to Fylde to make the play offs otherwise we finish 8th. Don't like this at all and think we need 2 wins and 2 draws in last 5 games to be in there.

1 Macclesfield 90pts
2 Sutton 84pts
3 Tranmere 82pts
4 Boreham Wood 80pts
5 Aldershot 77pts
6 Wrexham 75pts
7 Fylde 74pts
8 Bromley 74pts
9 Dover 73pts
10 Ebbsfleet 73pts[/QUOTE]

Revised, revised figures are as below and still relying on last day draw against Fylde. :(

1 Macclesfield 92pts
2 Sutton 83pts
3 Tranmere 82pts
4 Aldershot 79pts
5 Boreham Wood 77pts
6 Fylde 74pts
7 Wrexham 74pts
8 Dover 73pts
9 Ebbsfleet 73pts
10 Bromley 72pts

Mr Malik 8th April 2018 14.29:43

Ebbsfleet [a] Loss
Dagenham & Red. [h] Draw
Leyton Orient [a] Loss
Fylde [h] Draw
Total points 71
Worst scenario! I do hope that I have this wrong. Just based on current performances.

John Neals Dynasty 8th April 2018 15.52:26

[QUOTE=pagl;2130778]The table at the end of the season will show how good we were.
Where has it been stated its a 2-3 year plan?
Improvement is unlikely under AD just as it was with AM.

Thats how I see it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would of worked under Keates either this is his team, he is the one who Quigley apart signed crap in January.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

JonWrexhamfc 8th April 2018 17.23:44

[QUOTE=Mr Malik;2131991]Ebbsfleet [a] Loss
Dagenham & Red. [h] Draw
Leyton Orient [a] Loss
Fylde [h] Draw
Total points 71
Worst scenario! I do hope that I have this wrong. Just based on current performances.[/QUOTE]

2 points is quite generous really. Cannot see where the win is going to come from.

Ooh aah Paskin 9th April 2018 14.48:00

Im not even going to bother revising mine... I think we will finish 8th.

wxmdoug 9th April 2018 15.34:59

[QUOTE=Mr Malik;2131991]Ebbsfleet [a]draw
Dagenham & Red. [h] win
Leyton Orient [a] win
Fylde [h] Draw

Mr Malik 9th April 2018 17.13:57

[QUOTE=wxmdoug;2132281][QUOTE=Mr Malik;2131991]Ebbsfleet [a]draw
Dagenham & Red. [h] win
Leyton Orient [a] win
Fylde [h] Draw[/QUOTE]
I hope that your reading of the situation is right but I have severe reservations. Two wins and two draws is extremely premature in my view.

wxmdoug 10th April 2018 10.59:17

[QUOTE=Mr Malik;2132311][QUOTE=wxmdoug;2132281]
I hope that your reading of the situation is right but I have severe reservations. Two wins and two draws is extremely premature in my view.[/QUOTE]

however we look at the permutations we need two wins and a draw minimum

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.52:44.