RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sutton away information (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111375-sutton-away-information.html)

michaelps 15th February 2018 14.53:51

Sutton away information

Most going have probably already seen this from the WAFC official site but if not for information....

Shame it's segregated, they have a decent clubhouse and been friendly in there in the past but now they are getting more fans probably inevitable.

Is a pub on Gander Green Lane, the Plough, right next to the ground; that's the only one near the ground; otherwise lot of chain pubs in Sutton itself which is from memory about 15mins walk to ground.

SUTTON UNITED v WREXHAM

Vanarama National League
Saturday, 17 February 2018 | Kick-off 3pm
Venue: Gander Green Lane, Sutton, SM1 2EY
Price: Sutton United Website | Tickets

Sutton United have asked us to include the following information:

Segregation will be in place for this fixture. Away supporters should enter the stadium via the turnstiles in Collingwood Recreation Ground. Seating will be available in the away end.

Tickets are not available in advance for this fixture - you will need to pay on the turnstile.

Drums may not be brought into the stadium and away supporters do not have access to the club's bars prior to the match or at half time.

Hometown Unicorn 15th February 2018 14.58:00

Re: Sutton away information

That's an unfortunate turn on last season, we sat in the matchday bar before the match without incident.

I even got to miss Riley's own goal because of it. Shame on you Sutton.

michaelps 15th February 2018 15.02:19

Agreed, shame Owain.

Don't think there is any issue with police or club, it's more that they now seem to get 2,000 plus a week, double what they were getting before that FA Cup run, and whilst it's a great little clubhouse it's small and really not set up to deal with even those sort of numbers.

What do people reckon we'll take, 350-400 ish or so maybe?

Hometown Unicorn 15th February 2018 15.05:55

Guessing 250ish. It's cold and our away support isn't all that.

Hoping for more, I've got a good feeling about this match. I'll see you all in the Plough.

Haruki 15th February 2018 15.09:10

[QUOTE=owain94;2115499]Guessing 250ish. It's cold and our away support isn't all that.

Hoping for more, I've got a good feeling about this match. I'll see you all in the Plough.[/QUOTE]

Is the Plough near the ground? Iv heard there is a weatherspoons between the ground and train station, first visit to Sutton for me

Hometown Unicorn 15th February 2018 15.10:25

[QUOTE=Haruki;2115501]Is the Plough near the ground? Iv heard there is a weatherspoons between the ground and train station, first visit to Sutton for me[/QUOTE]

Right outside West Sutton station. That station is right next to the ground.

You can hop on the thameslink from Sutton, get a bus or walk from there.

Haruki 15th February 2018 15.12:14

[QUOTE=owain94;2115502]Right outside West Sutton station. That station is right next to the ground.

You can hop on the thameslink from Sutton, get a bus or walk from there.[/QUOTE]

Cool my train is Euston to West Sutton so sounds ideal

Hometown Unicorn 15th February 2018 15.15:16

For anyone travelling to Sutton by train, West Sutton is situated in zone 5, so you can use your contactless card to get there for £3.10. The cap is £11.60.

TomWFC 15th February 2018 15.27:31

[QUOTE=owain94;2115499]Guessing 250ish. It's cold and our away support isn't all that.

Hoping for more, I've got a good feeling about this match. I'll see you all in the Plough.[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand how you can say our away support “isn’t all that”?
We’ve got a fantastic following in my opinion.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.25:33.