RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sutton match ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111389-sutton-match-ratings.html)

benwilliams 18th February 2018 08.24:12

Sutton match ratings

Dunn 5 - couple of decent saves but cost us the goal and terrifies me every time a ball comes into the box
Roberts 7 - good game solid defensively and ok going forward
Jennings 4 - given a torrid time particularly 2nd half, couldn't find a red shirt with his passing
Smith 7 - standard
Pearson 7 - standard
Wedgbury 8 MOM - everywhere, great engine, must sign new contract soon as we'd be lost without him
Kelly 7 - decent game actually, worked and battled hard
Deverdics 5 - looked very lightweight and struggled playing on the right being left footed. Set pieces worse than Rutherford and Kelly on this display
Holroyd 6 - quiet, better when moved up front 2nd half but wasted wide
Boden 6 - good assist but otherwise a typically frustrating performance
Quigley 6 - great goal but not much else, lost more headers than he won and looks
Unfit

Wright 6 - added bite to midfield and late shot from long range almost rebounded for an undeserved winner
Franks 5 - bad miss after said Wright shot, looked lightweight before that
Mackreth - not on long enough
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

TaidTom 18th February 2018 08.28:49

Re: Sutton match ratings

Sounds like Jennings had an absolute stinker. Should he have stayed on for the full 90?

benwilliams 18th February 2018 08.44:05

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2116318]Sounds like Jennings had an absolute stinker. Should he have stayed on for the full 90?[/QUOTE]

Arguably not but may have shattered his confidence to be hauled off for Raven

Foxy 18th February 2018 08.48:24

We seem to be stuttering now in terms of form and performance, when the aim of the January window was to lift us onto a higher level. It may be time for changes ? Both full backs could be dropped in favour of Raven. Kelly perhaps for Wright, and maybe it’s time for Franks to come in on the wing, push Holroyd up front and leave Boden out ?

benwilliams 18th February 2018 08.56:39

[QUOTE=Foxy;2116324]We seem to be stuttering now in terms of form and performance, when the aim of the January window was to lift us onto a higher level. It may be time for changes ? Both full backs could be dropped in favour of Raven. Kelly perhaps for Wright, and maybe it’s time for Franks to come in on the wing, push Holroyd up front and leave Boden out ?[/QUOTE]

It's a tricky one, I certainly wouldn't drop Roberts on that performance but you could make an argument for dropping Jennings for Raven.

Boden and Quigley seem to link up well but Quigley and Holroyd are our biggest scoring threats.

Kelly did well yesterday but A fully fit Wright would drive us forward more.

Franks not worth a start on yesterday's display but does have good pedigree so may play better v the weaker sides.

It seemed we came out very flat after half time so may be more mentality than personnel, credit to Sutton though 2nd half they came and battled harder and gave us no time on the ball which in particular ruined Jennings as he falls to pieces when he doesn't have time. Most of the team seem like they need too much time on the ball, solid and skilful footballers but when rushed into bad decisions by good pressing and strength from the opposition we do look weak.

Prodigal Dragon 18th February 2018 08.58:34

[QUOTE=Foxy;2116324]We seem to be stuttering now in terms of form and performance, when the aim of the January window was to lift us onto a higher level. It may be time for changes ? Both full backs could be dropped in favour of Raven. Kelly perhaps for Wright, and maybe it’s time for Franks to come in on the wing, push Holroyd up front and leave Boden out ?[/QUOTE]

DK must make some necessary changes if we are to stop the rot. We are currently stuttering towards probably getting into the last 2 PO spots when we should have had a good shout at top spot.

We must convert draws into wins, starting on Tue. They may be on a 6 home game run but if we want promotion we should be going there and winning.

Although he scored a good goal, Quigley probably isn’t fit enough to start, but we are so desperate for goals seems he has to start. But it’s our midfield that is at sixes and sevens. Plus Raven should start at LB after another poor effort from Jennings. No time for sentimentality; we need a winning starting XI on Tuesday. Otherwise, the risk of slipping out of the PO slots increases. Sadly, nobody to blame but ourselves.

stevewxm 18th February 2018 09.19:37

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2116321]Arguably not but may have shattered his confidence to be hauled off for Raven
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

His confidence looks shot already to be honest, needs to be dropped but problem is that having no reserve team how do players fight there way back into contention.

Leighton Red 18th February 2018 09.38:15

Can’t believe people are talking about dropping Boden! He was arguably one of our best players yesterday and played a wonderful through ball for our goal. He was tackling back and formed a good link between the midfield which sat far too deep again and Quigley up top. Was surprised he was subbed but thought it was due to the upcoming game on Tuesday night. Undoubtedly not got the pace that he should have but his brain is sharp and his touch and assists recently have been enough to retain his place in the starting line up. Our issue is no pivotal link in the central midfield...a Darren Ferguson type, plus we need to learn to play to our strengths (ball on the deck not blooming lump ball!!). Afraid I’m just hoping we keep our playoff spot now.

Hometown Unicorn 18th February 2018 09.39:55

Move Kelly down to a 5, Deverdics up to a 6 and Manny down to a 6 if he was at fault for the goal and I agree.

Oh, and Pearson up to an 8. He was a beast yesterday.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.50:19.