Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st February 2018, 18.10:52   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default A rallying cry

We are probably not going to win the league. There I said it. Could it have been in reach if we had done this that or the other? Possibly. Was finishing 1st beyond all our wildest dreams back in August, even more so back in May? Absolutely.

Will we get in the playoffs? The more hysterical amongst you may say no but I'd put a lot of money on the fact we will.

Fact is players thrive on confidence and wilt in negativity. Most probably don't read this messageboard and shouldn't if they have any sense, but negativity seeps from the stands and can be the difference between the fine margins of winning and losing, or in our case winning and drawing!

We can't let disappointment and recrimination cloud a) the fact we have had a pretty good season all being considered from a perspective of where we were under Mills and b) that we still have a very realistic shot of going up, more likely through the playoffs Yes, but how amazing to end our 10 year exile?

Here are the facts:

Macc will probably win the league
We haven't lost v Tranmere or Sutton who we have played twice. We have only ever beaten Boreham Wood. Dover Bromley and Fylde are all absolutely beatable. Aldershot are wobbling and we will find out how good they are on Saturday.

This is still on boys and girls. When, not if in my view, we get in the playoffs, we need every ounce of support or positive energy. No recriminations over not winning the league. No it's and buts.

We have saved our club from oblivion. We know how powerful we are when we are pulling in the same direction.

Who's up for this? I know I am.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st February 2018, 18.19:50   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Default Re: A rallying cry

It’s not me that needs convincing, it’s the players !
Old 21st February 2018, 18.24:57   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

Fans are already doing enough IMO, The players need to believe they can do it.
Old 21st February 2018, 18.29:09   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

looking back to end of last season....

to me... this season.. finishing in the play offs id consider a successful season.

getting in top 3 would be awesome

winning the title... dreamworld.

if however we dont manage promotion thhis season.. i genuinly feel with the nucleas of the squad already signed on for next year.. and of course a few departures in the summer.. i fully expect us to be serious title challengers next season
Old 21st February 2018, 18.37:38   #5-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

When you look at hartlepool, Torquay or chester... or even back to last year it is a measure of how far we have come. .. having been in such a strong position it is frustrating not to capitalise on it with all ourights draws but if anyone had offered us this position with 11 games left to play, in the summer or after our first 3 games in which we had lost 2, I am sure most of us would have been delighted to be in the play offs 1 point behind 2nd place.
Old 21st February 2018, 18.48:51   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

The players (and management) are scared of losing it seems to me, borne by the fact we’ve only lost 6 all season and none in the last 10. This is a very admirable trait to have in a team and it’s clear our first port of call is to keep a clean sheet. This state of mind immediately makes penetrating opponents and ultimately scoring goals quite difficult, yet we’re still very much leading contenders for the playoffs. This is despite only picking up 15 points since Xmas. The fact that even with this dip in form our rivals aren’t appreciably overtaking us gives me enough confidence we will indeed reach the playoffs. We can’t forget that such an achievement would be a huge success and with the tough to beat quality we have would be very dangerous to all in those one off games. Therefore in this crucial run in we can’t forget or be distracted by the admittedly disappointing sequence of draws and continue to support a very hardworking and likeable group of players who will need us in these difficult games.

So I for one echo the OP-UTST!

Last edited by riccardo; 21st February 2018 at 18.50:30..
Old 21st February 2018, 18.58:41   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Losing six games this season so far is an admirable feat. In the days of only two points for a win, drawing so many games was admirable. However, it’s three points for a win these days, so a draw is just a wasted opportunity. Last night at miserable Solihull was supposed to be entertainment. I would rather have watched the Land Rover production line!
Old 21st February 2018, 19.00:37   #8-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
We are probably not going to win the league. There I said it. Could it have been in reach if we had done this that or the other? Possibly. Was finishing 1st beyond all our wildest dreams back in August, even more so back in May? Absolutely.

Will we get in the playoffs? The more hysterical amongst you may say no but I'd put a lot of money on the fact we will.

Fact is players thrive on confidence and wilt in negativity. Most probably don't read this messageboard and shouldn't if they have any sense, but negativity seeps from the stands and can be the difference between the fine margins of winning and losing, or in our case winning and drawing!

We can't let disappointment and recrimination cloud a) the fact we have had a pretty good season all being considered from a perspective of where we were under Mills and b) that we still have a very realistic shot of going up, more likely through the playoffs Yes, but how amazing to end our 10 year exile?

Here are the facts:

Macc will probably win the league
We haven't lost v Tranmere or Sutton who we have played twice. We have only ever beaten Boreham Wood. Dover Bromley and Fylde are all absolutely beatable. Aldershot are wobbling and we will find out how good they are on Saturday.

This is still on boys and girls. When, not if in my view, we get in the playoffs, we need every ounce of support or positive energy. No recriminations over not winning the league. No it's and buts.

We have saved our club from oblivion. We know how powerful we are when we are pulling in the same direction.

Who's up for this? I know I am.
Posted via mobile theme
I think you are addressing this to the wrong audience.
Old 21st February 2018, 19.00:37   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Pop to westminster drive and tell keates to buck up his ideas,attack these pub teams at all cost and kill off the game,otherwise its another 10 years,the clock is ticking keates so buck up
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.47:42.