RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Make or break. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111414-make-break.html)

aussiejackoinsaudi 24th February 2018 08.45:43

Make or break.

Well, here I am sitting in Australia waiting for tonight's game which comes on over here at 1 am. 65 years old and my wife thinks I'm mad getting up at this time every week for the past I don't know how many years. For me tonight is make or break, I'm mainly a happy clapper but lose tonight and I can see a rapid drop out of the top 7. The team has been underporming for weeks, today is the day they have to put things right. Do Dean and the team want promotion, we'll find out at 4-50 pm tonight, for me 3-00am. Please don't let us down tonight, your chances are starting to run out.

Prodigal Dragon 24th February 2018 09.09:10

Re: Make or break.

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2118022]Well, here I am sitting in Australia waiting for tonight's game which comes on over here at 1 am. 65 years old and my wife thinks I'm mad getting up at this time every week for the past I don't know how many years. For me tonight is make or break, I'm mainly a happy clapper but lose tonight and I can see a rapid drop out of the top 7. The team has been underporming for weeks, today is the day they have to put things right. Do Dean and the team want promotion, we'll find out at 4-50 pm tonight, for me 3-00am. Please don't let us down tonight, your chances are starting to run out.[/QUOTE]

It’s a bit chilly over here at the mo. Let’s hope things warm on the pitch. If not, have a small glass of Penderyn and dream of next season!:)

aussiejackoinsaudi 24th February 2018 09.11:54

Unfortunately Penderyn is not my Whisky of choice!

Hamilton Pathetic 24th February 2018 09.23:06

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2118029]Unfortunately Penderyn is not my Whisky of choice![/QUOTE]

As a committed malt drinker who would never knowingly touch a blended whisky, I would highly recommend Penderyn's madeira cask. Their peated edition though is poor compared to a Laphroig or Caol Isla.

The Only Way Is Up 24th February 2018 10.09:58

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2118022]Well, here I am sitting in Australia waiting for tonight's game which comes on over here at 1 am. 65 years old and my wife thinks I'm mad getting up at this time every week for the past I don't know how many years. For me tonight is make or break, I'm mainly a happy clapper but lose tonight and I can see a rapid drop out of the top 7. The team has been underporming for weeks, today is the day they have to put things right. Do Dean and the team want promotion, we'll find out at 4-50 pm tonight, for me 3-00am. Please don't let us down tonight, your chances are starting to run out.[/QUOTE]

Today's match will K.O. at 10 pm for me here in Thailand, and end at around midnight. Not much different to watching Match of the Day back in the UK I suppose, but Tuesday night games are much more of a problem, starting at 3am and ending as the cockerels have their first fag of the day!

At nearly 67, I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with the sleep deprivation while there are no Wrexham goals to cheer... another 10 years in this league will see me off!

Come on lads - do us far-flung exiles a favour today, smash the Shots and give us all the will to carry on please!

:oldgit:

BillEBadass 24th February 2018 10.15:51

BLOODY ARMCHAIR SUPPORTER - GET YOURSELF TO THE RACECOURSE!

Only kidding of course, great to have worldwide support. I also think you are right - much respect to a true aussie red.

fluffysheepsupporter 24th February 2018 10.24:41

Good on you sports and all you world wide listeners . Dedication to the cause all round the globe . Will be thinking of you all as I watch the lads win 2-0 . Sorry for sounding pretentious.

weper red 24th February 2018 10.40:57

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2118050]Good on you sports and all you world wide listeners . Dedication to the cause all round the globe . Will be thinking of you all as I watch the lads win 2-0 . Sorry for sounding pretentious.[/QUOTE]

I am going for a 2-0 win , also following from oz in the Hunter valley

pagl 24th February 2018 10.54:23

Great reading to hear that some stay up until early hours to follow the game on RP/Radio or whatever media they can get.

Good news for all you exiles is that now there is a gap and were off top spot then we going to play with more freedom - that's what Pearson says.

You can expect an attacking treat for a late Saturday or early Sunday morning depending on where you are.

We need a few wins on the board in the next couple of games to make sure we stay with the pack as it (hopefully) opens up a gap on 8th place :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.25:28.