RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Subs Bench (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111419-subs-bench.html)

Lods 24th February 2018 16.10:34

The Subs Bench

After the 2-2 draw vs. Aldershot, where Keates didn't make a substitution until the 86th minute I'm wondering, why does Keates seem so reluctant to use his substitutions.

I've been noticing it a lot lately, today and in the 1-1 draw against Halifax mainly. Subs are there for a reason and 4 minutes + stoppage time isn't enough time to make a significant impact 9 times out of 10.

I feel that a few of our draws in 2018 would have been wins if we used our bench properly too.

TomWFC 24th February 2018 16.14:41

Re: The Subs Bench

[QUOTE=Lods;2118433]After the 2-2 draw vs. Aldershot, where Keates didn't make a substitution until the 86th minute I'm wondering, why does Keates seem so reluctant to use his substitutions.

I've been noticing it a lot lately, today and in the 1-1 draw against Halifax mainly. Subs are there for a reason and 4 minutes + stoppage time isn't enough time to make a significant impact 9 times out of 10.

I feel that a few of our draws in 2018 would have been wins if we used our bench properly too.[/QUOTE]

It’s all down to lack of experience from Keates. He should have changed it much earlier, but due to maybe unwisely keeping faith with the players on the field or due to simply not having the knowledge and wherewithal to make a positive impact.

It’s absolutely infuriating, but he’s a new manager so we have to give him the chance to learn from his mistakes.

krux 24th February 2018 16.15:35

Rutherford for franks, wright for Kelly, anybody for deverdics would have made sense for the last 15 mins

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 24th February 2018 16.20:16

It seems he doesn't like to disrupt the flow of the team, which is fine if it brings success but now needs reviewing.

Funny_Old_Game 24th February 2018 16.23:45

He was awful with subs in his caretaker spell too if you remember.

Hometown Unicorn 24th February 2018 16.26:26

[QUOTE=krux;2118441]Rutherford for franks, wright for Kelly, anybody for deverdics would have made sense for the last 15 mins[/QUOTE]

Deverdics created some of our best opportunities from his dear ball deliveries. Barmy to suggest that he should've come off.

noisy1 24th February 2018 16.44:40

No point having subs if you ain't gonna use em. Send em out on loan to save on wages.

LlayDragon 24th February 2018 16.45:10

[QUOTE=owain94;2118453]Deverdics created some of our best opportunities from his dear ball deliveries. Barmy to suggest that he should've come off.[/QUOTE]

Does that make up for the fact that he did absolutely nothing else?

Expect pointing. He's cracking at pointing.

noisy1 24th February 2018 16.45:22

[QUOTE=owain94;2118453]Deverdics created some of our best opportunities from his dear ball deliveries. Barmy to suggest that he should've come off.[/QUOTE]

I'd have taken him off at half time.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.35:38.