Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th February 2018, 19.32:32   #64-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Royal Box
Twitter: @

Default Re: Aldershot reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
It was his poor decision making when he had the ball in their half that led to their equaliser. Taking advantage of the space down out left side.

If he does the basics he is fine but for some reason he starts to think he is better than he is and then it all goes wrong. He also seemed to bully Deverdics off the free kick 2nd half. DK should have subbed him for Raven after the booking
Spot on. Don't let Jennings think. He has complete brain freeze when in space. Should be told just to pass it immediately.

He made some cracking tackles/blocks and is always lively. Tough one!
Old 24th February 2018, 19.42:52   #65-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Great game which we only arrived at second half but could have won it but for an awful miss by mom. Won’t have a harder game this season so is a draw such a bad result. Glad to prove all the 2.0 doubters completely wrong hope you are disappointed
Old 24th February 2018, 19.43:03   #66-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

Dreadful tactical choices today. Midfield made up of slow fancy Dans drifting aimlessly around the Park with Wedgbury mopping up as best he could.

That was the biggest clanger dropped by our management team since they arrived. It looked like they bottled and created a formation with a kneejerk. There was just enough individual quality to save a point.

I am disagreeing with most so far on Franks performance. He was poor first half but I admired how he battled defensively 2nd half. I like a player who battles on a bad day.

If I ever start thinking Deverdics is a good player its going to be one hell of a turnaround.
Old 24th February 2018, 19.46:33   #67-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Powered Rattle View Post
Spot on. Don't let Jennings think. He has complete brain freeze when in space. Should be told just to pass it immediately.

He made some cracking tackles/blocks and is always lively. Tough one!
This is it with Jennings. Some of his last ditch tackles are good, even if he does seem to leave himself with it all to do by not marking tightly, he does recover well and gets the challenge in most of the time. On saying that I feel Raven is just as strong, even out of position at left back.

But the frustration with Jennings is as you and many others have said on RP...instead of moving the ball on quickly, he holds it, holds it again, pirouettes, tries to shield the ball, gets dispossessed/comes under a strong tackle, loses the ball, then complains for the next five minutes to the ref that it was foul, should have been a free kick etc.

The ref today was very hit n miss, but I have to admit that incident wasn’t a foul. And it cost us a corner from which Aldershot scored.

Jennings needs to quicken up his passing, or else stay back and leave it to the midfield to move the ball around.

Can’t fault his work rate, and he’s at this level for a reason I guess, but it just seems to happen way too often for me, his hesitancy, and misplaced passes, or losing the ball while dwelling on it.

Last edited by WrexSi; 24th February 2018 at 19.47:56..
Old 24th February 2018, 19.51:22   #68-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
Keates says we missed the better chances, ummmmmm. Just what did I miss.
You missed, Quigs sitter at the end, Roberts header that nearly slipped through the GK legs, a Manny header and a Franks shot that went high and wide from the penalty spot.

The Shots had a header cleared off the line and Dunn made a save with his chest in the second half.

I agree with El Delano. We were played off the park but did have the better chances.
Old 24th February 2018, 19.56:37   #69-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Agree with PD's take on it, except for Franks. Not sure I would give him more than Jennings and Deverdics. Jennings made two timely blocks in the second half and Deverdics offered something from dead ball situations. Franks offered absolutely nothing all game.

Ainge looks a right handful, his ass cheeks in particular.

On balance, a point gained rather than two lost. We're still somehow in a good position for the play-off positions, and even top 3. Games are running out, so we move on and hope we can crawl to the finish line. Then it's up for grabs.
Steady on. Almost homo-erotic adulation there!

Definitely a point gained. We can still do this but it won't be easy.
Old 24th February 2018, 20.00:16   #70-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2118460]Probably same reason why we didn't make any subs at half time, after one of the worst first-halfs of football I can remember from us.

All of Keates' weaknesses were laid bare for all to see today. He's got us to the top twice this season; now he's dragging us out of the play-offs.

Our team has developed a mentality problem; that comes from the top and it's getting worst with every game.

One last thing; what in God's name was the plan first hal
Sadly it is now all getting beyond a joke.
Old 24th February 2018, 20.04:58   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Calm down, draig! Beyond a joke? We're into the last 10 games now, and despite a poor run of draws, we're in a good position in the table.
Old 24th February 2018, 20.06:15   #72-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: SAINSBURY STAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanvax View Post
Aldershot were outstanding today - their movement and psssing was on a completely different level to ours. Good lesson as to where we need to get to - on balance we did well to get a point
Any side will look outstanding against us, if they are given the time and space that we afforded to Aldershot today. Why do we continually sit too deep and leave a gaping hole between our defense and as it was today our lone forward.We need to defend further up the pitch and then the mid-field players can then be the link between defenders and forwards. Firstly players should be told that it IS OK to pass to one of their team mates and not just aimlessly belt the ball upfield. Kelly has been tried in various positions in midfield, but his first instinct on collecting a ball seems to be to turn back to face his own keeper. The engine room of the team but unfortunately the lad seems unable to play there. He has a better spell in the second half today but that does not make up for abject performances of late. Could someone also explain to me the lack of use of our substitutes - we sign a goalscorer - and hey presto expect him to score while he spends 85 mins. sat on the bench.
Perhaps I expect too much - I have only been following the Reds for 63 years- We all want promotion, but to be entertained by watching some decent football is not too much to ask , is it ? I will most probably get shot down for this, but the same problems have been there all season for all to see.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.43:03.