Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th February 2018, 10.37:01   #91-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Aldershot reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford Red View Post
if we don't lose we have a very good chance of progressing through the play offs.
Could you honestly see us winning three on the trot though?. Reality is we cannot kill a game of to save our lives. Last few matches we have been very lucky to come away with a point. If the league ended now looking at whos in the PO's i wouldn't fancy us to win them.
Old 25th February 2018, 10.37:19   #92-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

You have shown me the light Stafford Red. In the position we are now in the playoff's we will not have a home match. Got it! . Get nil nil draws and win on the penalty shoot outs. Hopefully, DK can get the players improving their penalty skills as the playing attractive football skills is non existant. Even teams with no money, Macc and Aldershot can play good football.
Old 25th February 2018, 10.40:29   #93-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
You have shown me the light Stafford Red. In the position we are now in the playoff's we will not have a home match. Got it! . Get nil nil draws and win on the penalty shoot outs. Hopefully, DK can get the players improving their penalty skills as the playing attractive football skills is non existant. Even teams with no money, Macc and Aldershot can play good football.
The table will look very different at the end of 46 games. One way to look at it is, we're going through a rough patch, but still closer to 3rd place than we are to 8th.

Reasons for Optimism: Part 1.
Old 25th February 2018, 10.44:51   #94-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold rd

before i kick off i like DK and hope to god he changes things, but have been saying for a long time now how tactically inept we are, closing down, pushing up, composure on the ball in short the basics. Aldershot made us look like pub side at times and i feel we have no idea how to adapt to problems other sides give us, the rollicking pearson gave Kelly was well earned but for me shows the frustration even in the players. we have to get better or we wont make play offs, better decisions from management and COACH are needed and quickly
Old 25th February 2018, 10.45:53   #95-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Macclesfield have proved that its about getting the right blend of players, defenders who can defend, forwards that can score goals and then midfielders that can do a bit of both.

Our team is far too defensive - that's clear for everyone to see - and to get promoted this season we have to adjust the formation to suit the players and again that was clear for everyone to see yesterday.

A point yesterday was a hard earned point.
Old 25th February 2018, 11.01:06   #96-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Many RP'ers say we are too defensive. Yet again yesterday, we play Kelly and Wedgbury in mid field - neither of which can go forward and their sideways passing seems to typify our mid field. If DK persists on playing these two defensive midfielders, at best, all we will get are draws and one by one teams in 8th to 11th position will be on our heels. In my view only one of them can play in midfield.
Old 25th February 2018, 11.04:19   #97-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
Many RP'ers say we are too defensive. Yet again yesterday, we play Kelly and Wedgbury in mid field - neither of which can go forward and their sideways passing seems to typify our mid field. If DK persists on playing these two defensive midfielders, at best, all we will get are draws and one by one teams in 8th to 11th position will be on our heels. In my view only one of them can play in midfield.
wedgbury does his job, Kelly doesn't
Old 25th February 2018, 11.29:59   #98-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Total unadulterated nonsense
Unfortunately not. We can't play football, we haven't played any football all season. Our Midfiled is pathetic, we basically havent got one, we have no threat down either flank and nobody in the middle to dictate play, we just lump it forward.

I seriously haven't got a clue what they do in training apart from twating balls as long as they can at quigley.

I dont buy how good Adershot are either, we just made them look good by being a pub side.

Last edited by dixienormous; 25th February 2018 at 11.31:53..
Old 25th February 2018, 11.40:13   #99-0 (permalink)
-

Early in the season it was carrington who took the flack in midfield. He hasn’t played there for a good while, but the same old argument is being had. Akil Wright, and Kelly have both been tried alongside wedgebury, but still the midfield misfires. Both the wedge and wright seem to struggle playing passes whilst carrington and Kelly, can pass, but haven’t or the same energy as the other two.

Does the holding midfielders really need to be an covering every blade of grass? By definition, they should hold a position slightly deeper in midfield, so why not put carrington (when fit) or maybe raven in that role, and ask wright or wedgebury to play further forward, where they can use their energy to chase higher up the field?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.23:54.