RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham buy Chester - £705 donated in the bucket collection (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111426-wrexham-buy-jester-%A3705-donated-bucket-collection.html)

totesey2 25th February 2018 13.48:21

Re: Wrexham buy Chester - £705 donated in the bucket collection

[QUOTE=gazaw;2118779]Well done to everyone who donated yesterday regardless of what others may think. It's your money and you chose how to spend it. To contribute a little to help any non league football club who are in financial difficulty is not a bad choice whether they are our rivals or not. What the problem is in British Football is the gulf between the Premiership and the lower leagues which is getting bigger. Much better to give money to a lower league rival than go through the turnstiles at a Prem Club.[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

Red_not_Dead 25th February 2018 14.18:19

[QUOTE=Willywill;2118728]I am not going to criticise anyone for throwing money in the bucket. It’s a free country, and all that. Would they do it for us? Again, perhaps a few of the less partisan ones would. I encountered a few Chester fans years back whilst working in a local Steelworks. They were consumed with bitterness about us.[/QUOTE]

Yep.. that's always been my experience of them too.. we get a couple of good ones coming on here but I've not met one that's not been bitter in public.

MAGIC LITTLE MAN 25th February 2018 14.24:27

[QUOTE=spuderz123;2118720]You're welcome[/QUOTE]
If we lose to them, it won't be because of the £705 raised

Corner Flag 25th February 2018 15.35:52

[QUOTE=Redordead;2118742]Just to put the goats "generosity" into perspective;

200 Brilliant Orient fans = £265
200 approx. Shots = £100
4000 Goats ! = £604

I'm very surprised that their total exceeded the Orient and Aldershot totals, so hats off, there 600 quid has saved the club !

Latest from divachat[/QUOTE]

They were lucky to get that. Why give anything to a club hiding money from their own supporters and then signing s player when they say they are desparate for cash. They got in the mess they ar e in by their own stupidity and reckless spending which they thought would bring them promotion and 6 points from us at the same time.
They will be relegated this season and serve them right.

PlasCochRanger 25th February 2018 18.32:05

My next door neighbours are Chester fans and they were at the Racecourse collecting. She said they had a lovely welcome from the Wrexham fans and felt that the majority supported what they were doing and sends a great big THANK YOU.
Just because they support Chester does not mean that I have to hate them in fact I was Best Man at their wedding function.

LLEWS A RED 25th February 2018 19.26:45

Considering a lot of us who entered via the Mold Road never saw a bucket collection, the total was pretty good me thinks.

Corner Flag 25th February 2018 19.30:44

[QUOTE=PlasCochRanger;2118866]My next door neighbours are Chester fans and they were at the Racecourse collecting. She said they had a lovely welcome from the Wrexham fans and felt that the majority supported what they were doing and sends a great big THANK YOU.
Just because they support Chester does not mean that I have to hate them in fact I was Best Man at their wedding function.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate them but let's face it history tells us we will never be friends with them.

Wxmspiller 25th February 2018 19.39:57

I honestly think that 705 pound could have been better going towards next years btb I don’t like seing clubs struggle but bucket collections for our biggest rivals I cant help think why Bother when now they’ve already raised money to keep them going it’s only going to go to help pay for players wages to help beat the likes of us in 2 weeks time

rob_1072 25th February 2018 20.21:47

Collections for clubs who have been shafted by owners yeah sure, collections for clubs who spends beyond their means? No thanks.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.45:48.