RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Done and McNulty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111445-done-mcnulty.html)

Foxy 28th February 2018 19.38:16

Done and McNulty

Ex Wrexham youth players Done and McNulty excelling for Rochdale tonight. It’s a shame we no longer produce players of this quality.

benwilliams 28th February 2018 20.04:34

Re: Done and McNulty

To be fair McNulty was released by us and has done well to work his way back up. Done is a different matter as presumably we can recall his loan at any point.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Keyser Söze 28th February 2018 20.06:11

[QUOTE=Foxy;2119457]Ex Wrexham youth players Done and McNulty excelling for Rochdale tonight. It’s a shame we no longer produce players of this quality.[/QUOTE]

Ward isn’t too shabby. I get your point but whose to say we won’t in the future?

Foxy 28th February 2018 20.13:39

[QUOTE=Keyser Söze;2119476]Ward isn’t too shabby. I get your point but whose to say we won’t in the future?[/QUOTE]

Yes we still produce keepers . Gray is now on loan at Carlisle from Everton too. Michael Oakes has hugely overachieved with all the keepers we have had here.

Junior Shabadoo 28th February 2018 20.15:43

[QUOTE=Keyser Söze;2119476]Ward isn’t too shabby. I get your point but whose to say we won’t in the future?[/QUOTE]

Because the club is a terrible place to be a young professional. It's quite a good place to be up until 18 because you can score a move elsewhere. Once you sign a pro deal at Wrexham you'd best circulate your name amongst WPL clubs because you'll never get any games - now not even in the reserves. People hide behind "maybe they're just not up to scratch" but you only need look at the time and opportunity given to late bloomers like Dave Brammer compared to the total lack of a plan to develop someone like Leo Smith now to see how we've gone backwards. There isn't really a visible sign that anyone at the club cares about this either; keep chucking your money into buckets for first team wages to make the model look sustainable by the way.

andywrex90 28th February 2018 20.18:47

Junior pretty much has hit the nail
On the head ..

As long as we stay in this league I believe we will see little improvement which is a travesty

The bear 28th February 2018 20.20:01

[QUOTE=Foxy;2119457]Ex Wrexham youth players Done and McNulty excelling for Rochdale tonight. It’s a shame we no longer produce players of this quality.[/QUOTE]

I’d argue we produce better given how many players have been signed by premier league clubs in recent years. Reality is good youth players have always moved on, unfortunately they move on quicker these days before we get to see them in the first team.

benwilliams 28th February 2018 20.21:13

Don't disagree necessarily with Junior but this site is like a pack of rabid dogs with us in playoffs and unbeaten in 12, does anyone honestly believe there is widespread appetite and patience to bring through youth in the slow and steady way needed if it means another few years at this level? Maybe in L2 with funding restored it's something to strive for.

Inside Left 28th February 2018 20.26:39

Wasn't Thompson here as well on loan - but didn't play a match?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.32:29.