Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th March 2018, 22.24:20   #64-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Drissa Traore

If Wedgbury had even decent technical ability he would be in League One. Apart from obviously Pearson he's easily been our best player this season.
Old 4th March 2018, 22.28:52   #65-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danupton99 View Post
I think I've seen him live 5 times (not sure on that), and on BT sport at least 5 as well granted not as many as you. But not once have I thought 'who's that number 8 there he's good' just an opinion isn't it, no need to be defensive about it. Has he ever bossed the midfield? There's a reason the team in a relegation battle in the league above released him over the phone but hey ho.
I don't think I got overly defensive. If y'all don't rate him, I won't lose any sleep.

I think he's a very decent midfielder.
Old 4th March 2018, 22.40:42   #66-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Interesting argument this, personally I'd take a midfield two of Drissa and Norburn over a midfield with Wedge in. However Wedge does suit your style of play and he probably wouldn't fit ours, I'd say hes on par with Harris and some of your fans rate him too highly. He breaks up play well and protects the back four but doesn't offer much more than that, he wouldn't cut it in a team who shifts the ball quickly and passes through the midfield. Different players, different systems. Football innit.
Don't know about Drissa but would definately have Norburn ahead of Wedgebury. Harris for the record looks finished on his last showing I saw, lost all his speed and afraid to tackle, never been the same since his back problems in his last season here.
Old 4th March 2018, 22.48:33   #67-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post
I don't think I got overly defensive. If y'all don't rate him, I won't lose any sleep.

I think he's a very decent midfielder.
I never said I don’t rate him? I just don’t think he’d fit in our team or a passing orientated team, he’s one of the best at breaking up play in the league but I doubt he’d cut it a level up from what I’ve seen. I’m no expert tho so don’t worry who knows he may get promoted with you and get your POTS in league 2.
Old 4th March 2018, 23.13:58   #68-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Don't know about Drissa but would definately have Norburn ahead of Wedgebury. Harris for the record looks finished on his last showing I saw, lost all his speed and afraid to tackle, never been the same since his back problems in his last season here.
Granted I’ve never seen Drissa in white but every time I’ve seen him he’s bossed the midfield, broke up the play, dictated tempo, killer passes and told Mark Cooper he was going back to France to end up on the Wirral. But he’s at our level for a reason we shall see a big 10 games coming up. Norburn is class and will be a big miss the next 2 games.
Harris can be hot and cold sometimes he will get MOTM the next game he might cost us, I reckon he will come on for the last 30 for Drissa for our run in and it may bring the best out of him.
Old 4th March 2018, 23.27:43   #69-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Why can't we forget about Tranmere sick of it worry about Wrexham can't do anything about the tramps just get on with it what will be will be.
Old 5th March 2018, 00.08:44   #70-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Interesting argument this, personally I'd take a midfield two of Drissa and Norburn over a midfield with Wedge in. However Wedge does suit your style of play and he probably wouldn't fit ours, I'd say hes on par with Harris and some of your fans rate him too highly. He breaks up play well and protects the back four but doesn't offer much more than that, he wouldn't cut it in a team who shifts the ball quickly and passes through the midfield. Different players, different systems. Football innit.
All fair comment that I think. Must say there’s a system of play that I prefer, and it doesn’t involve the guy twatting the ball out from kick off and that being his only forward “pass” all match...

Do agree Harris has been finished as the player he was since his back injury with us though.
Old 5th March 2018, 13.48:41   #71-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Trust me, Tranmere would love to have Wedgebury in their side. He is indeed highly rated by people who know their football well. His reading of the game is excellent as is his work rate on and off the ball, complimented by his good engine. He is a born winner and we are much better for having him in our side. He is a true players' player.
Said after our 2-2 that I thought he was your best player. Does all the unnoticed things in your squad.

Traore though, I would prefer.
Old 5th March 2018, 14.37:31   #72-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL2244 View Post
Said after our 2-2 that I thought he was your best player. Does all the unnoticed things in your squad.

Traore though, I would prefer.
Good luck catching Macclesfield. Only have Sutton down as the other candidates to win it now. For us far too many draws unfortunately, but I will take this season after last years dice with relegation.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.29:57.