RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Twenty’s plenty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111494-twenty%92s-plenty.html)

wrexhamandy 11th March 2018 22.31:23

Twenty’s plenty

New club record today set of 20 clean sheets in one season.

Whatever you think of our style of play, 20 clean sheets in 37 games is an incredible achievement. Well done to the lads, a really solid base on which to build.

Scooper 11th March 2018 23.03:37

Re: Twenty’s plenty

Means flip all without promotion

WREX777 11th March 2018 23.52:04

[QUOTE=Scooper;2121806]Means flip all without promotion[/QUOTE]

some people ey

noisy1 12th March 2018 06.58:01

Could that have been the reason for us conceding goals recently? Defensively the team putting too much pressure on themselves to go out and break this record.
A great achievement which hopefully now it's out of the way, the lads can relax and go out and get many more between now and the end of the season.

krux 12th March 2018 07.02:44

[QUOTE=noisy1;2121819]Could that have been the reason for us conceding goals recently? Defensively the team putting too much pressure on themselves to go out and break this record.
A great achievement which hopefully now it's out of the way, the lads can relax and go out and get many more between now and the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

I doubt the team give two hoots about this record. I care very little about it.

Football is about winning games. That is all I and the team care about.

Diggle 12th March 2018 07.48:50

[QUOTE=krux;2121820]I doubt the team give two hoots about this record. I care very little about it.

Football is about winning games. That is all I and the team care about.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this.

Corner Flag 12th March 2018 07.52:28

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2121800]New club record today set of 20 clean sheets in one season.

Whatever you think of our style of play, 20 clean sheets in 37 games is an incredible achievement. Well done to the lads, a really solid base on which to build.[/QUOTE]

Typical happy clapper tripe comment. Who gives a fig about clean sheets it's points goals and promotion that counts

Birdy 12th March 2018 07.55:05

I'd prefer the opposite record of scoring most goals in a season. "Let's go and watch Wrexham keep a clean sheet and pass sideways" said noone ever.

Ooh aah Paskin 12th March 2018 08.29:30

[QUOTE=Birdy;2121827]I'd prefer the opposite record of scoring most goals in a season. "Let's go and watch Wrexham keep a clean sheet and pass sideways" said noone ever.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather we had both...

A mean defence partnered with a potent midfield & strikeforce. We'd be pissing the league if we had.

Wirral Red 12th March 2018 09.20:40

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2121826]Typical happy clapper tripe comment. Who gives a fig about clean sheets it's points goals and promotion that counts[/QUOTE]

If we'd conceded in each of those games we'd be in dire straits.

Junior Shabadoo 12th March 2018 09.35:58

[QUOTE=Birdy;2121827]I'd prefer the opposite record of scoring most goals in a season. "Let's go and watch Wrexham keep a clean sheet and pass sideways" said noone ever.[/QUOTE]

We scored 100 goals in 2011/12 and didn't go up then either.

The people on this thread...honestly. Nobody is saying the defence need a stamp in their honour but they've done something quite impressive. Those of you flipping that around to have a pop need to see a doctor.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Scooper 12th March 2018 09.46:06

Bless

Junior Shabadoo 12th March 2018 09.49:57

[QUOTE=Scooper;2121852]Bless[/QUOTE]

Generation Bantz in evidence. Talk shit, get pulled up on it, and produce a meaningless reply like the above to let you know that you're not getting the last word without the wit or substance to make it worthwhile. Go back to Bebo.

Scooper 12th March 2018 09.52:24

Hugs

smotyns 12th March 2018 10.13:03

It never ceases to amaze me how every post seems to incite some RP'ers to see it as an opportunity to start a row. We have just beaten Chester setting a record on the way, is it too much to think people might be happy and enjoy it?

John Neals Dynasty 12th March 2018 10.19:29

[QUOTE=krux;2121820]I doubt the team give two hoots about this record. I care very little about it.

^^^^
This nice as the record is records and statistics don't win promotion.

ugarte007 12th March 2018 10.46:02

[QUOTE=smotyns;2121862]It never ceases to amaze me how every post seems to incite some RP'ers to see it as an opportunity to start a row. We have just beaten Chester setting a record on the way, is it too much to think people might be happy and enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

Its way to much for them evidently.

wrexhamandy 12th March 2018 10.55:03

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2121826]Typical happy clapper tripe comment. Who gives a fig about clean sheets it's points goals and promotion that counts[/QUOTE]

Bloody hell, ME a happy clapper?! I think I’ve been shouted down more than most this season for me whinging about our style of play, or rather lack of.

It’s a nice little good thing we’ve done, nobody has said that it’s not points and promotion that counts, chill out.

Cenotaff 12th March 2018 10.56:20

[QUOTE=Scooper;2121855]Hugs[/QUOTE]

U ok hun?

wrexhamandy 12th March 2018 10.57:22

[QUOTE=smotyns;2121862]It never ceases to amaze me how every post seems to incite some RP'ers to see it as an opportunity to start a row. We have just beaten Chester setting a record on the way, is it too much to think people might be happy and enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

Christ yes. Positive random statistic on a bored Sunday evening = civil war within 3 pages.

Cenotaff 12th March 2018 11.03:27

What's with this happy clapper nonsense? It's an impressive number, that's all, heaven forbid it gets recognised. Clean sheets contribute to points and potential promotion, not just goals scored.

No doubt, the same amount of points as now, loads of goals scored but a lot more conceded and you'd be saying 'Typical happy clapper tripe comment. Who gives a fig about goals scored it's points clean sheets and promotion that counts'.

Goals for and against are both important. Our goals against us quality, no harm in recognising it. The goals for isn't up to scratch but it doesn't mean the goals against mean sod all. As usual, no sort of balance with half the responses. The World isn't black and white, only shades of grey.

Scooper 12th March 2018 11.11:08

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2121873]U ok hun?[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks babe

noisy1 12th March 2018 11.13:29

You may not, but the team will take a great deal of pride in this record and rightly so.

Yes three points is the most important thing but records are there to be broken and it will mean a hell of a lot to the players.

Once they cross the white line they should and would be focused on doing whatever they can to win that match but being so close to making history may have played on the minds of one or two.

Now it's out of the way, the burden of pressure has been lifted and they have got a "Monkey of their backs" (you may be familiar with that phrase) they can now move on and hopefully get better between now and season's end.

Well done boys!

👏👏👏

Willywill 12th March 2018 11.21:56

Statistical irrelevance. I would much rather go to watch my team win 2-1, or 4-3 than 1-0 any day. Grateful, as I am, to see us take three points, there is a responsibility to try to play the beautiful game. Folks go to games to see goalmouth action (goals), not ritual bus parking! If we get promotion, I might well eat my words, but this infatuation with defending at all costs won’t bring the masses back to the Racecourse.

louisleftboot 12th March 2018 11.39:45

Frankly I’m outraged. We should be conceding more goals if anything.

Superunknown 12th March 2018 11.54:11

[QUOTE=Willywill;2121880]Statistical irrelevance. I would much rather go to watch my team win 2-1, or 4-3 than 1-0 any day. Grateful, as I am, to see us take three points, there is a responsibility to try to play the beautiful game. Folks go to games to see goalmouth action (goals), not ritual bus parking! If we get promotion, I might well eat my words, but this infatuation with defending at all costs won’t bring the masses back to the Racecourse.[/QUOTE]

We'd all like to see goalfests with us winning every game but it's simply not happening. We don't have the midfield for it. What we do have a team that's become very hard to beat and will dig in when needs be. Whilst this isn't the most exciting it's got us to 4th in the table with a lot still to play for. Every single one of us would have taken this position this time last year.

I do agree it'll take a bit of luck to get promoted but we're very difficult to beat and if we can hold these teams out or at least nick a few goals back as well, we've got a great shot at it.

Onto Woking, 21 clean sheets and another 3 points, hopefully.

StattoWrexham 12th March 2018 12.23:26

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2121848]If we'd conceded in each of those games we'd be in dire straits.[/QUOTE]

And all that build the budget cash would have been money for nothing.

Corner Flag 12th March 2018 12.35:24

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2121875]What's with this happy clapper nonsense? It's an impressive number, that's all, heaven forbid it gets recognised. Clean sheets contribute to points and potential promotion, not just goals scored.

No doubt, the same amount of points as now, loads of goals scored but a lot more conceded and you'd be saying 'Typical happy clapper tripe comment. Who gives a fig about goals scored it's points clean sheets and promotion that counts'.

Goals for and against are both important. Our goals against us quality, no harm in recognising it. The goals for isn't up to scratch but it doesn't mean the goals against mean sod all. As usual, no sort of balance with half the responses. The World isn't black and white, only shades of grey.[/QUOTE]

Clean sheets mean nothing if you are not scoring goals at the other end . Yes its an impressive result but its not impressive having to watch game after game playing the defensive card over and over and dropping points all over the place .
As far as I am concerned this league is black & white you either get promoted or you don't ,setting up a team week after week defensively will not get us promoted ends !

moynkeepthefaith 12th March 2018 12.38:09

[QUOTE=Willywill;2121880]Statistical irrelevance. I would much rather go to watch my team win 2-1, or 4-3 than 1-0 any day. Grateful, as I am, to see us take three points, there is a responsibility to try to play the beautiful game. [B]Folks go to games to see goalmouth action (goals), [/B]not ritual bus parking! If we get promotion, I might well eat my words, but this infatuation with defending at all costs won’t bring the masses back to the Racecourse.[/QUOTE]

Did yesterday's crowd not surpass our aggregate for last season...

ugarte007 12th March 2018 12.42:50

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2121903]Clean sheets mean nothing if you are not scoring goals at the other end . Yes its an impressive result but its not impressive having to watch game after game playing the defensive card over and over and dropping points all over the place .
As far as I am concerned this league is black & white you either get promoted or you don't ,setting up a team week after week defensively will not get us promoted ends ![/QUOTE]

So if we played differently we would definitely be better off, how can you be sure of this. We may have gained less points by conceding. Its a decent yield of points this season and something to build on, thats what we all wanted pre season so surely this season is progress.

Willywill 12th March 2018 17.30:32

Moyn, yesterday’s crowd DID surpass the aggregate compared to last season. We are higher in the league compared to last year and going for promotion. That said, the product is bland and very little “feel good factor”. As I walk back to my car after the game, the fans talk is generally negative whether we have won or drawn (we rarely lose at home,granted).
Fans talking seriously about our chances of being promoted should be dreaming of taking opponents apart,not containing them or killing the game (every game).

moynkeepthefaith 12th March 2018 17.43:20

[QUOTE=Willywill;2122001]Moyn, yesterday’s crowd DID surpass the aggregate compared to last season. We are higher in the league compared to last year and going for promotion. That said, the product is bland and very little “feel good factor”. As I walk back to my car after the game, the fans talk is generally negative whether we have won or drawn (we rarely lose at home,granted).
Fans talking seriously about our chances of being promoted should be dreaming of taking opponents apart,not containing them or killing the game (every game).[/QUOTE]

If I understand you correctly being 'higher in the league' and 'going for promotion' is what increases attendances. I saw plenty of smiling faces yesterday and that is nothing to do with my perspective but honestly what I saw. We can kill every game for the next 9 if we finish 3rd for me.

Willywill 12th March 2018 17.49:28

Oh come on. A win against Chester, our number one rivals, would clearly make us all smile. It’s the one game where our winner can come from anywhere and we would be ecstatic. I appreciate your position, but a large chunk of our fan base are not as upbeat or moved as you are.

TWREX 12th March 2018 18.01:28

If you look at the stats on 6 teams around us played 11- won 2 drawn 5 lost 4 is this promotion form? Just asking.

StattoWrexham 12th March 2018 18.17:24

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2121904]Did yesterday's crowd not surpass our aggregate for last season...[/QUOTE]

Careful, we can't have too many facts on here :44:

TaidTom 12th March 2018 18.57:21

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2122038]Careful, we can't have too many facts on here :44:[/QUOTE]

It does seem to spoil debate.

Cymro 12th March 2018 19.06:08

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2121903]Clean sheets mean nothing if you are not scoring goals at the other end . Yes its an impressive result but its not impressive having to watch game after game playing the defensive card over and over and dropping points all over the place .
As far as I am concerned this league is black & white you either get promoted or you don't ,setting up a team week after week defensively will not get us promoted ends ![/QUOTE]

But they obviously do mean something as we are well up there. We could be entertaining and lose 4-3 most weeks but you can bet your bottom dollar that a position fourth from bottom will see our crowds plummet. Truly we need both entertainment and success but it isn't happening and in the end I prefer this way rather than the other way round. I remember the very entertaining West Ham team from decades ago. I don't remember them winning anything significant though

John Neals Dynasty 12th March 2018 19.13:43

Well CF we may have our occasional disagreement on thing's but I think you're spot on with this.

pwynnej 12th March 2018 19.22:09

Put it in another context - it is at least 20 matches undefeated

Just a shame potential wins have become draws....

While we are not certain of PROmotion we've certainly made PROgress

RemovedUser 13th March 2018 20.26:02

If we consider all the games we have drawn 0-0 or won 1-0, you could argue that our defence has won us 27 points this season.
If you extend that to our points gained to no goals conceded, it becomes 48 points, I think.
Defences don’t win games though.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.48:31.