RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates has gone - OFFICIAL (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111527-keates-has-gone-official.html)

jpmred 16th March 2018 17.42:39

Re: Keates has gone - OFFICIAL

[QUOTE=LukeL2244;2123713]I would be absolutely livid if Micky Mellon did this to my club at this stage of the season, you're all pretty content with the reaction.

Awful timing, surely should've stuck this out and got a promotion under his belt.[/QUOTE]

My reaction too, F##k sake!👎

Ooh aah Paskin 16th March 2018 17.43:57

Good luck Dean. I can understand why you went even if it is a disappointment. However, you have left us in a strong position, now let's go on and finish it.

LlayDragon 16th March 2018 17.44:54

[QUOTE=TWREX;2123742]Will a new manager want to clear out all the current staff? This could possibly see the team nosedive.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there will be that option.

I think whoever takes over will need to fit with who is already here.

HugoMontenegro 16th March 2018 17.45:45

[QUOTE=Ronaldo to Wrexham;2123793]So if stoke who were around the same league as us at the time came in for Dennis Smith, you think he would have stayed. Disappointed keates has gone but he has left us in a better place than he inherited.[/QUOTE]

But he didnt and gave us 5 good years and a promotion

HugoMontenegro 16th March 2018 17.48:19

on the positive side he obviously did not think he could get promotion at wrexham although he has spent quite a bit of our money. So good riddance

stevewxm 16th March 2018 17.50:57

Ok it’s poor timing.....but I have been to all home games and over half of our away games, and to be honest the main opinion of mine and other people I go with is that it’s been SO boring and dull for the majority of games we have seen,sitting too deep and grinding out games with little entertainment, so to be honest if that’s what Walsall think will bring success and the crowds back good luck to them.

mitchelltown 16th March 2018 17.51:14

The release clause was probably an amount of compensation to be paid if he left for another club. This triggered, Walsall were obviously prepared to meet those terms and were granted permission to speak to Keates.
The Board could not stop this from happening.
This does not mean that Keates had to leave, it was then up to the terms of an offer from Walsall that only Keates, and Keats only, would decide to accept or not.
The Board would not have been in a position not to accept Keates decision.
Let's move onwards and upwards.:)

feedmetilliwantnomore 16th March 2018 17.52:13

What is keates overall record here win % wise? Pretty sure it's something like 25 wins in 70 games. Is that decent or not? too many draws for me. But I believe we are a more professional outfit now than when he joined.

cardiffred 16th March 2018 17.52:53

[QUOTE=HugoMontenegro;2123809]on the positive side he obviously did not think he could get promotion at wrexham although he has spent quite a bit of our money. So good riddance[/QUOTE]

That's an absurd take on it.

This is not just another club. It's the equivalent of you and I managing a team two leagues below us and Wrexham come calling. I know what I'd do.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.57:54.