RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates has gone - OFFICIAL (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111527-keates-has-gone-official.html)

RHYLRED 16th March 2018 16.18:01

Re: Keates has gone - OFFICIAL

[QUOTE=redrog;2123672]great news darlington staying[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Keates going = Meh

petered 16th March 2018 16.18:14

Made us a competitive outfit in such a short spacr of time all things considered. Professional throughout,from first team to behind the scenes. Whoever takes over will have a sound,solid and professional base from which to take us forward. Thanks Dean,and all the very best .

Halkynred 16th March 2018 16.19:40

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2123677]Hero to Zero in my eyes[/QUOTE]

Exactly this, timing was shite

Sussex Red 16th March 2018 16.21:02

Don't understand all the bile being flung at Keates, the man gave his all for our club.

Anyone who seriously thinks he should have stayed lacks a grip on reality. I for one wish him all the best and hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

I just won't miss his interviews!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

spuderz123 16th March 2018 16.21:19

Dean Keates was a quality player and captain for us. He then got the manager's job and took us from the real worry of relegation with a bunch of useless t0ssers on stupid contracts to 4th place with a record amount of clean sheets in the space of a year and a half. Yes it's disappointing he's left especially the timing but he has done a brilliant job and has earned this move.

All the best Dean

Dai Pad 16th March 2018 16.21:30

I hope its on the agreement that he can't poach our players...we know the ones in particular.

wxmdoug 16th March 2018 16.21:51

[QUOTE=barnsley;2123693]same old story a slightly bigger club comes along and wrexham let them have whatever they want who needs promotion when you can make a few quid in compensation .[/QUOTE]

slightly bigger ,,we are bigger than them fans wise .

LukeL2244 16th March 2018 16.22:35

I would be absolutely livid if Micky Mellon did this to my club at this stage of the season, you're all pretty content with the reaction.

Awful timing, surely should've stuck this out and got a promotion under his belt.

benwilliams 16th March 2018 16.22:58

[QUOTE=Foxy;2123690]Right so he didn’t break his contract as I keep saying . There was a release clause as there should have been on both sides when we made the contract with him. But to create a release clause that made it so easy for him to leave in our current position was diabolical . It gave us no protection whatsoever. Which fool drew up his contract ?[/QUOTE]

Tempted to ignore this given your clear and long standing Anti-WST agenda but to humour you, release clauses are commonplace and how do you know we haven't agreed significant compensation in the event of an approach such as this?

I am very disappointed as I liked Keates and thought he could continue to take us forward but he's gone, I can understand why, and we can't allow the recriminations to cloud the best chance of promotion back to the league we've had in 5 years or so.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.08:29.