Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th March 2018, 08.09:40   #82-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: mrs
Twitter: @

Default Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

Was there today .one of our BEST performance's of the season . But yet again CORNERS why can't we defend them .? we must have conceded 12 goals off them . I can't remember the last time a team has scored against us in open play
Old 18th March 2018, 10.17:03   #83-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

Don't think the new management combo got off to a great start, but not terrible. Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking. They were under pressure to get points, it just needed a patient display with a few chances created for Quigley and Holroyd (i.e Play Wright)

Pearson highlighted the defensive weakness (height) that cost us the points. (i.e Play Wright)

After Chester I would have played Deverdics, he started to look useful last week. This week the management duo made a terrible decision to keep him on. I think a lot of effort was made to get him here (probably by Keates) and the decision to keep him on was weak and unjustified. Taking Kelly off just looked like the standard Keates tactic, no thought needed. Again a terrible decision.
Old 18th March 2018, 10.32:42   #84-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
Don't think the new management combo got off to a great start, but not terrible. Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking. They were under pressure to get points, it just needed a patient display with a few chances created for Quigley and Holroyd (i.e Play Wright)

Pearson highlighted the defensive weakness (height) that cost us the points. (i.e Play Wright)

After Chester I would have played Deverdics, he started to look useful last week. This week the management duo made a terrible decision to keep him on. I think a lot of effort was made to get him here (probably by Keates) and the decision to keep him on was weak and unjustified. Taking Kelly off just looked like the standard Keates tactic, no thought needed. Again a terrible decision.
Why was getting more out of Kelly a gamble that didn’t pay off when he scored a wonder goal and was most people’s man of the match??
Old 18th March 2018, 11.26:36   #85-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Default Re: Woking reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsussexred View Post
I thought we were a different team today; much more positive. How many times have we had so many shots on goal this season? and so many on target? Not many, if any; plus we dominated possesion for most of the game and were positive going forward for most of the game too.
Their goalkeeper stopped us having a goalfest today and we were also missing Manny too.
Dunn disappointing again, and despite another draw, we are now looking like a team that wants 3pts rather than 1. Overall, feeling much more positive than I have for much of the season
thanks for the report east
Old 18th March 2018, 11.29:15   #86-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
Spot on!
Feel a lot better about it all after listening to that. Today hasn't been too bad a day when you look at some of the other results.

What I liked about this Pearson interview was he had a kind of relaxed demeanour, more or less we are going to do this, we are going to finish the job. He is the kind of bloke you would want to be led by!

I just hope whoever takes over gets him on another contract with a clause in that he can do whatever he likes around the club in the next 2-3 years, learn his coaching badges, put his feet up when he feels like and basically lets get this lad signed up so we can keep him "in the building". It isn't often we get a player like this here.
excellent post
Old 18th March 2018, 11.46:45   #87-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

You contradict yourself all over the place! Please try again.

Quote:
After Chester I would have played Deverdics
He did play!

Quote:
Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking.
So if Kelly hadn't have scored we would have lost the game.
Old 18th March 2018, 12.02:56   #88-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Thought Pearson came across very well in his post match interview. Just the type of leadership qualities you need from our captain. We have a job to do over these next 11 games.
Old 18th March 2018, 12.13:00   #89-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Thought Pearson came across very well in his post match interview. Just the type of leadership qualities you need from our captain. We have a job to do over these next 11 games.
Thought Andy Davies came across very well too, there is no panic around the club that is for sure!

Sometimes when the manager goes there is a bit of panic and unrest as natural but this time I feel it's calm and just ready to complete the job. (Hope I am not going to regret posting this) as football doesn't ever go as smooth as we would like.
Old 18th March 2018, 12.14:49   #90-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Andy Davies didn't answer the question though about taking over till the end of the season

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.08:44.