RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

sparky 18th March 2018 15.29:10

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2125098]Dunn is shite simples, seen on twitter he was someone’s player of the season and he was a ‘scapegoat’ cost us so many points this season[/QUOTE]

I imagine the same folk rated Coughlin. I'm sorry, but he is a fecking liability. I can't believe we didn't go in for Coddington when he became available.

Bigmike 18th March 2018 15.30:16

thanks for the highlights tom. I read some criticism of Holroyd re his one on one. I thought he had very little time and their keeper was on him very quickly and saved well.

Hampshire Red 18th March 2018 15.36:21

[QUOTE=shinton fox;2125089]We all see the game differently but I thought we played very well at times yesterday in difficult conditions . It is probably the coldest I have been at a football match for a good 29 years . The wind was biting cold and all the players deserve praise for putting on an entertaining game .

I am a big fan of Pearson who has been immense for us . However ,my view he was at fault for their first goal as opposed to Dunn . [B]Pearson got involved in a silly piece of shirt grabbing with their centre half , began arguing with him , then the ref , lost focus , lost his man and the centre half scored [/B].

We were definitely more direct but I expect that was because the conditions were difficult and it would have been foolish to try to play too much football from the back .

Rutherford played very well and is just the player you need in such poor conditions .Kelly was also very good . I can’t think of anyone who played poorly . I felt the decision to take Quigley off was correct as he wasn’t working as hard as most of his teammates .

Losing two goals from corners is disappointing but I don’t think Dunn was at fault for either as both their players had free headers .[/QUOTE]

Afraid Shaun was responsible for their first goal and seemed to lose concentration following his arguments before the kick. He seemed less dominant than usual, perhaps because he was conscious that there was more pressure on him to clear the ball in the air in the absence of Manny.

I agree with the comments about Kelly and Ruthers who both I thought had a good game. I was pleased with our attacking intent for most of the game and the first 20 mins of the second half were as good as I've seen from us in the last couple of seasons. When we subbed first Quigley then Kelly I thought we lost impetus. I couldn't understand bringing on Boden before Ainge as I thought the conditions were better suited to the new man. I'm beginning to wonder why SA was brought in as he has now been brought on 3 times with less than 10 minutes to play (twice when we have been drawing).

My Woking supporting friend e-mailed me this morning and said his team hadn't played that well for months. ive told him they need to do the same again and better against Macc, Dover and Bromley (all at home).

I think if we play as positively as we did yesterday and are tighter at the back we should make the play offs. Getting through to the final will be difficult. Turning to next week it will be interesting to see who plays at left back. I thought Carra did little wrong yesterday and didn't play like someone who until last weekend had benn out for a couple of months. Raven also put in a decent shift. JJ may find it hard to get his place back.

Funny_Old_Game 18th March 2018 16.45:37

[QUOTE=Tom wafc;2125096][url=http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2849875/videos/125051]Woking 2 - 2 Wrexham - The Vanarama National League[/url]
Don't know what Dunn was doing for the 2nd goal.[/QUOTE]

Dunn is a complete joke for both goals of course, due to his pathetic inability to leave his line, jump and claim things. He jumps about half an inch off the ground every time.

Also notice the pathetic lack of effort from Deverdics to clear the loose ball after it comes off the post, just letting their player get to it when he should have had no right and which leads to another corner which they score from. Boden is a bottle job as we know, he didn’t want the ball to come anywhere near him then and just wasted it.

Most of those long range shots and our 2 fluke goals were clearly affected by the wind. The Kelly goal flies in with the wind assistance.

totesey2 18th March 2018 17.53:48

Dunn can't cope with corners and crosses, How many times have we said this?

TaidTom 18th March 2018 18.12:18

[QUOTE=totesey2;2125170]Dunn can't cope with corners and crosses, How many times have we said this?[/QUOTE]

Whereas Dibble showed he could. Very strange he's not being given another chance, especially as he was in fine form prior to his injury.

LlayDragon 18th March 2018 18.23:19

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2125176]Whereas Dibble showed he could. Very strange he's not being given another chance, especially as he was in fine form prior to his injury.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make sense. Given a run he showed up better than Dunn; saving a couple of penalties along the way.

Dunn's been in worst form and kept his place though.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th March 2018 18.24:07

He looks like a frightened rabbit at set pieces..,.Just hoping the ball gets cleared by the defence .I know the penalty area is like a January Sale at corners....But a keeper that can cope with it, would be like a twenty goal striker..

Redordead 18th March 2018 18.38:35

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2125183]He looks like a frightened rabbit at set pieces..,.Just hoping the ball gets cleared by the defence .I know the penalty area is like a January Sale at corners....But a keeper that can cope with it, would be like a twenty goal striker..[/QUOTE]

Let’s go back to the days when we had everyone back for corners.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.27:11.