RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

Dstanley 18th March 2018 18.49:51

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

Looking at the bbc teams for the woking game, I was surprised to see Deverdics in the right back position. As a Poolie, along with most other fans, I was dismayed at the playing of him at left back. With subs in the last few minutes, it appears that your management team are as hopeless as the Harrison setup that got Pools into the mess that they are in now.

benwilliams 18th March 2018 18.53:17

Dunn definitely at fault for 2nd but 1st inconclusive. Poor defending either way. Boden's chance came at him so quickly it's a bit harsh to call it a bad miss.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Royal welsh red 18th March 2018 18.58:41

[QUOTE=Dstanley;2125197]Looking at the bbc teams for the woking game, I was surprised to see Deverdics in the right back position. As a Poolie, along with most other fans, I was dismayed at the playing of him at left back. With subs in the last few minutes, it appears that your management team are as hopeless as the Harrison setup that got Pools into the mess that they are in now.[/QUOTE]

He played left mid mate.

Bryn Tirion 18th March 2018 19.36:28

Both our goals looked like flukes to me. I reckon they were crosses that managed to find their way in.

I don’t blame Dunne for the first goal but definitely at fault for the second. Boden’s chance wasn’t as straightforward as some made out but it still wasn’t a great effort. Also I’m sure Dunne saved that shot in the second half with his face!

dimps1 18th March 2018 21.34:54

Enjoyed the game , freezing cold .
Thought the ground was one of the poorer ones I've visited .
Catering was shocking .
Huge choice of burger , cheese burger or chips . £4 for a burger .£4.50 with cheese.

Thought there keeper had a great game ,if it wasn't for him we could have walked it . Onwards we go

NottsRed 19th March 2018 07.56:33

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2125217]Both our goals looked like flukes to me. I reckon they were crosses that managed to find their way in.

I don’t blame Dunne for the first goal but definitely at fault for the second. Boden’s chance wasn’t as straightforward as some made out but it still wasn’t a great effort. Also I’m sure Dunne saved that shot in the second half with his face![/QUOTE]

Agree about our goals.

That Boden chance though wasn't an easy one. It came at him really quickly.

Id look at giving Dibble a try in goal. Dunn is making too many errors which are costing us points which we can ill afford to loose at the moment.

John Neals Dynasty 19th March 2018 09.31:30

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2125279]Agree about our goals.

That Boden chance though wasn't an easy one. It came at him really quickly.

Id look at giving Dibble a try in goal. Dunn is making too many errors which are costing us points which we can ill afford to loose at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Disagree about Dibble, I'm no fan of Dunn but fans are quick to blame him when he makes a mistake saying he has cost us points, but conveniently forgot the many top class saves he has made which have stopped us from losing 1) eg: his save at at home against Tranmere, their is more but we are a non league club we aren't going to get a top goalkeeper down here, as for Dibble he did ok but now is not the time to disrupt the side with 8 games to go.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 19th March 2018 09.46:11

[QUOTE=Redordead;2125189]Let’s go back to the days when we had everyone back for corners.[/QUOTE]

Or, leavel our three shortest, quickest players along the halfway line....Opposition has to keep three players back . less crowded penalty area. Our keeper plucks the ball out of the air..runs to the edge of the area, and launches it forward...

Simples...

LlayDragon 19th March 2018 09.50:37

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2125316]Disagree about Dibble, I'm no fan of Dunn but fans are quick to blame him when he makes a mistake saying he has cost us points, but conveniently forgot the many top class saves he has made which have stopped us from losing 1) eg: his save at at home against Tranmere, their is more but we are a non league club we aren't going to get a top goalkeeper down here, as for Dibble he did ok but now is not the time to disrupt the side with 8 games to go.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Personally I'd say Dibble did a little better than OK. His run in the side coincided with decent form and contributed to our goals against column. He also saved a couple of penalties and proved that when you go up for the ball whilst competing with an attacker you really can come down with it in your hands.

I've never quite understood the argument of keepers who are decent shot stoppers should be excused other major parts of their games. Dunn is weak in the air, especially when he's having to compete for the ball. He's also often glued to his line when his defence could really do with someone to come out and claim the ball cleanly; to take the pressure off them for a change.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.19:04.