RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 17.37:43

[QUOTE=pagl;2124797]Basically because he isnt good enough. Missed opportunity for 3 points today and then there were 8 to go. Every missed chance costs dearly at this stage.
Not going to grab the fans for next Saturdays game is it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he was good enough and you can add at least another 6 to him, I said it because Foxy puts it because he missed a sitter!! Going by that thinking Quigley should of been dropped after missing from 2 yards a winner against Aldershot which cost us 2 points also, now as I see it nobody should be offered an extension Holroyd included until a new manager decides if he wants him, yes Boden has been another poor signing by Keates.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

sparky 17th March 2018 17.44:30

Re: Woking reaction thread

[QUOTE=totesey2;2124809]He is a good shot stopper but poor in the air, A goalkeeper who constantly punches balls away obviously lacks confidence with high balls in his box, He is a tall keeper and should be able to take balls in the air and dominate his area which he clearly is unable to do so.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest, he's garbage. As soon as Coddington was available we should have snapped him up. No ifs, no buts.

DJones741 17th March 2018 17.46:29

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

Was disappointed we didn't get 3pts but a draw was a fair result.

Overall - we played well, some good shots on goal ( Kelly esp),

Bodin missed sitter in last minute::freak::furious:

Woking fightIng to stay out of relegation zone and their keeper got their MOM

We are definitely still in mix

really flippin cold - couple of wxm fans watched it through a window from inside the ( scout hut standard) toilets!:toilet:

still in the mix - anything can happen in this league COYR!!:hurray:

Big A 17th March 2018 17.51:01

[QUOTE=riccardo;2124780]Back in the race for the title? We’d never string 3 or 4 wins together to sustain a challenge, we’ll just draw our way into the playoffs and hope to win on penalties...[/QUOTE]

We cannot string 3 or 4 passes together, thus we cannot see games out. When you keep smashing the ball back to the opposition with plenty of time left on the clock, they are going to keep coming back at you.

Our midfield isn’t good enough, both out wide and in the middle. Hard work and
grit only gets you so far. Ball retention has been an issue all season.

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 17.51:25

Pagl the missed opportunity for a win today isn't solely down to Bodens miss as I'm sure Those who went will tell you , it was down to their goalkeeper having a stormer & individual errors Woking hit the crossbar.

Big A 17th March 2018 17.54:21

[QUOTE=smiffysarmy;2124802]Should have brought Ainge on as soon as they equalised[/QUOTE]

I have only seen his short appearance against Chester, but I’ll be honest.... I cannot see what he is going to fetch to the party. He looks both slow and overweight.

OneLoveWrexham 17th March 2018 17.55:50

[QUOTE=Big A;2124821]I have only seen his short appearance against Chester, but I’ll be honest.... I cannot see what he is going to fetch to the party. He looks both slow and overweight.[/QUOTE]
I’d of brought him on at 2-1 to sure up the defence

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 18.13:35

We were lucky to get a draw in the end, blatant pen for woking in the last minute when Pearson pushed their striker who was in on goal.
Played well in parts, Kelly was my motm. We seemed to fall apart when he went off.

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 18.15:34

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2124820]Pagl the missed opportunity for a win today isn't solely down to Bodens miss as I'm sure Those who went will tell you , it was down to their goalkeeper having a stormer & individual errors Woking hit the crossbar.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yep we had other chances too. I didn’t see Boden’s chance as any more of a sitter than some of our other chances.

davewilli 17th March 2018 18.20:13

[QUOTE=sparky;2124816]Let's be honest, he's garbage. As soon as Coddington was available we should have snapped him up. No ifs, no buts.[/QUOTE]

Coddington has made some real blunders since joining Guiseley, looking at their highlights. Maybe he isn't the complete keeper we thought he was.

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 18.36:13

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124828]Yep we had other chances too. I didn’t see Boden’s chance as any more of a sitter than some of our other chances.[/QUOTE]

Thanks FR I take that opinion not based on a radio commentator.

Does you think Manny was missed at the back today?

Windsor Mike 17th March 2018 18.37:14

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124827]We were lucky to get a draw in the end, blatant pen for woking in the last minute when Pearson pushed their striker who was in on goal.
Played well in parts, Kelly was my motm. We seemed to fall apart when he went off.[/QUOTE]

Good call, unless he had a knock Quigley shouldn't have been substituted his first touch is streets ahead of any other strikers we have. We don't have enough to be promoted from what I've seen this season, constantly looking vulnerable from set-pieces and stating the obvious we simply can't kill teams off, the miss by Boden at the end a classic case in point.
Great support as always today in horrible conditions, well done to all especially the lads in the Guinness hats !!! You certainly gave the lino some stick first half, all deserved too !!
Boy was it windy, almost impossible for the keepers to reach the halfway line kicking from the main stand behind the goal. Ho hum we go again next week need to consolidate the playoffs now as we need 2nd or 3rd I suspect

Lets Av A Riot 17th March 2018 18.38:29

[QUOTE=Redted;2124771]Yet another two points dropped against a poor Woking side. Draws are killing us and it looks like the caretaker management team made a bit of a mess on the tactical front today[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity... but was you there ? or basing your opinion on radio commentary?

i personally wasn't there.. but going by the radio commentary.. we sounded pretty good going forward with a fair amount of attacking threat.... and if not for their keeper having one of that anomaly of games with multiple great saves.. we would of won comfortably.

yes some will try negate that by saying it was his fault for our 2nd... but that stll doesn't derive away from what he seemed to have was a excellent game

would like to hear an UNBIASED view either way on how we performed and set up from somebody who actually went today .. as norally for away games there does tend to be more radio pundits than those at game

Lets Av A Riot 17th March 2018 18.39:23

p.s from radio seemed as though Quigley had a quiet game by his standards...

and Deverdics sounded crap.. even commentators were calling for him to be subbed.

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 18.41:05

Keep an eye on Bromley with their games in hand, the home game against Borehamwood become important now.

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 18.58:16

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2124836]Thanks FR I take that opinion not based on a radio commentator.

Does you think Manny was missed at the back today?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not sure. I thought Raven played well. Towards the end woking just launched balls over the top and all our team seemed to panic.

stalybridge sheepshagger 17th March 2018 19.03:58

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124827]We were lucky to get a draw in the end, blatant pen for woking in the last minute when Pearson pushed their striker who was in on goal.
Played well in parts, Kelly was my motm. We seemed to fall apart when he went off.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely spot on, we are lucky to get the point in the end, that was a nailed on penalty for Woking but both ref and Lino missed it, thank God. But it should ever have got to that - we went behind early to a headed goal from a corner despite being the better side. We upped our game and deservedly equalised before HT. In the 2nd half we were in total control and played lovely attractive passing football which Kelly topped with a belting long range shot. Woking were really onthe ropes, and we just needed a 3rd to kill the game, but their keeper played a blinder and we missed several golden chances. Then out of the blue they breakaway , their forward does a ‘Kelly’ and hits a shot from long range which hits angle of post/crossbar bounces along the line before we put it out for a corner. As per 1st half, their boy gets up above everyone else and scores a great headed goal as Dunn’s struggles to get to him.
Then the tables turn and we crumble - we desperately throw on subs as they pour forward and we get a stroke of luck when the ref misses an obvious pen for them. Then Boden fluffs an easy chance in the + 4 mins. Luckily the other results went our way, but if we make the playoffs games like this will go to ET and pens and we don’t seem to have the bottle for those sort of tasks

TaidTom 17th March 2018 19.08:20

have we missed a pen this season?

Overall, based on what has been said by fans who were there today, we've got to be happy with the performance and the result. Another big game next Saturday. To finish 2nd or 3rd at the very least is still very much on.

Hampshire Red 17th March 2018 19.26:48

After the week we've had its an ok result, no more than that. Some thoughts from someone who only gets to see the Reds play when they come down south:

- Dont think the tactics were wrong as the OP suggests. We started off on the front foot but unfortunately went a goal behind from an early corner when Pearson lost his man. I thought SP was less dominant than usual.

- As someone suggests Quigley did have a quiet game for him but was still a threat when he got the ball. Surprised when he was subbed and sadly they equalised soon afterwards.

- Kelly was my MOM - a cracking goal and could have got a hat trick (one well placed shot tipped over by the keeper and another blocked by a defender). We had no creative spark when he went off.

- Deverdics was poor, I dont think he has added anything to the team and he should have been the first to be hooked. Frequently took the wrong option when we were threatening in the second half.

- Carra had a good steady game, not troubled in defence and got forward a few times. Raven I thought was a bit shaky early on but soon settled. Wedge was his usual busy self and Holroyd was lively and got into a few dangerous positions. At the end Boden skied the ball when it would have been easier to bury it.

- We were really dominant in the first 20 minutes of the second half but their goalie kept them in it with a string of fine saves. They could have had a pen and also hit the crossbar. We could easily have come away with nothing.

So it's on to Maidstone next weekend which is a must win game then I'll be off to Bromley on Good Friday in the hope that we can break our duck there.

Rob 17th March 2018 19.45:00

Promising to hear Kelly has done well from those there and radio.

gazwxm 17th March 2018 20.35:22

[QUOTE=Rob;2124855]Promising to hear Kelly has done well from those there and radio.[/QUOTE]

He was superb today, was at the heart of everything, moved the ball well and had plenty of shots, could of had a hat-trick but their keeper had a great game!
When we took Quigley off we lost any physicality up top and could no longer hold the ball up, Ainge would have been the perfect man to do that! Poor substitution imo.

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 20.39:25

Was it me or did we appear to be a bit more direct today than under Keates. Kelly in particular seemed to forwards more than sideways.

Am I imagining that?

gazwxm 17th March 2018 20.55:25

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124877]Was it me or did we appear to be a bit more direct today than under Keates. Kelly in particular seemed to forwards more than sideways.

Am I imagining that?[/QUOTE]

i’d agree with that, looked like Kelly was told to express himself a bit more and it showed us what he’s good at

the sleeping giant dies 17th March 2018 21.01:07

Wat was darlington doing pulling quigley off and putting bowden on hes not a striker and is a waste of a shirt as for ainge he should have been brought on at 4 20 not for the last 5 mins get a grip darlington and don t play that crap bowben again he is basically useless

Sarge 17th March 2018 21.10:54

The coldest I have been since Don Ferguson saved a penalty at Tranmere back In
the day

StattoWrexham 17th March 2018 21.12:52

[QUOTE=Sarge;2124890]The coldest I have been since Don Ferguson saved a penalty at Tranmere back in day[/QUOTE]

I remember that one Sarge! 1986, only my second ever away day :)

Anyone listened to Shaun Pearson's post match interview yet?

TaidTom 17th March 2018 21.36:16

[QUOTE=the sleeping giant dies;2124887]Wat was darlington doing pulling quigley off and putting bowden on hes not a striker and is a waste of a shirt as for ainge he should have been brought on at 4 20 not for the last 5 mins get a grip darlington and don t play that crap bowben again he is basically useless[/QUOTE]

WUM alert!

Corner Flag 17th March 2018 21.41:32

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2124894]WUM alert![/QUOTE]

Why ? Because he doesnt agree with you ? Sounds spot on to me.

TaidTom 17th March 2018 21.44:23

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2124897]Why ? Because he doesnt agree with you ? Sounds spot on to me.[/QUOTE]

Negative, negative, blah, blah. negative.

Who threw you a biscuit, anyway?

Funny_Old_Game 17th March 2018 21.56:29

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2124892]I remember that one Sarge! 1986, only my second ever away day :)

Anyone listened to Shaun Pearson's post match interview yet?[/QUOTE]

His interview is just what I want to hear. Spoken like a proper leader. Confident we won’t fall apart with him around.

StattoWrexham 17th March 2018 22.20:52

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2124902]His interview is just what I want to hear. Spoken like a proper leader. Confident we won’t fall apart with him around.[/QUOTE]

Spot on!
Feel a lot better about it all after listening to that. Today hasn't been too bad a day when you look at some of the other results.

What I liked about this Pearson interview was he had a kind of relaxed demeanour, more or less we are going to do this, we are going to finish the job. He is the kind of bloke you would want to be led by!

I just hope whoever takes over gets him on another contract with a clause in that he can do whatever he likes around the club in the next 2-3 years, learn his coaching badges, put his feet up when he feels like and basically lets get this lad signed up so we can keep him "in the building". It isn't often we get a player like this here.

NottsRed 17th March 2018 22.29:51

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2124902]His interview is just what I want to hear. Spoken like a proper leader. Confident we won’t fall apart with him around.[/QUOTE]

I worry Keates might come back for him once the season is up.

smiffysarmy 17th March 2018 22.33:12

[QUOTE=the sleeping giant dies;2124887]Wat was darlington doing pulling quigley off and putting bowden on hes not a striker and is a waste of a shirt as for ainge he should have been brought on at 4 20 not for the last 5 mins get a grip darlington and don t play that crap bowben again he is basically useless[/QUOTE]

Bowden left for Rochdale back in 1991

EnglishRed 17th March 2018 22.36:03

Bowben is my favourite ever Wrexham player

StattoWrexham 17th March 2018 22.44:11

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2124908]I worry Keates might come back for him once the season is up.[/QUOTE]

Just camp outside his house in Dougsville

Hawarden Red10 17th March 2018 22.45:53

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2124908]I worry Keates might come back for him once the season is up.[/QUOTE]

No way Pearson could step up to league 1. He'll be 29 too and would require a fee

Tom wafc 18th March 2018 00.15:05

A lot of our players would do the job in league 2 but i don't think any of them are good enough for league 1. So think we'll be safe with that one.

dixienormous 18th March 2018 01.32:09

Anyone got a link to it?

blackbrookred 18th March 2018 07.15:56

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2124918]Anyone got a link to it?[/QUOTE

https://youtu.be/5Fs-G41ToEo

Jonezie 18th March 2018 07.41:58

Pearson Interview

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fs-G41ToEo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fs-G41ToEo[/URL]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.31:28.