RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 17.37:43

[QUOTE=pagl;2124797]Basically because he isnt good enough. Missed opportunity for 3 points today and then there were 8 to go. Every missed chance costs dearly at this stage.
Not going to grab the fans for next Saturdays game is it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he was good enough and you can add at least another 6 to him, I said it because Foxy puts it because he missed a sitter!! Going by that thinking Quigley should of been dropped after missing from 2 yards a winner against Aldershot which cost us 2 points also, now as I see it nobody should be offered an extension Holroyd included until a new manager decides if he wants him, yes Boden has been another poor signing by Keates.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

sparky 17th March 2018 17.44:30

Re: Woking reaction thread

[QUOTE=totesey2;2124809]He is a good shot stopper but poor in the air, A goalkeeper who constantly punches balls away obviously lacks confidence with high balls in his box, He is a tall keeper and should be able to take balls in the air and dominate his area which he clearly is unable to do so.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest, he's garbage. As soon as Coddington was available we should have snapped him up. No ifs, no buts.

DJones741 17th March 2018 17.46:29

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

Was disappointed we didn't get 3pts but a draw was a fair result.

Overall - we played well, some good shots on goal ( Kelly esp),

Bodin missed sitter in last minute::freak::furious:

Woking fightIng to stay out of relegation zone and their keeper got their MOM

We are definitely still in mix

really flippin cold - couple of wxm fans watched it through a window from inside the ( scout hut standard) toilets!:toilet:

still in the mix - anything can happen in this league COYR!!:hurray:

Big A 17th March 2018 17.51:01

[QUOTE=riccardo;2124780]Back in the race for the title? We’d never string 3 or 4 wins together to sustain a challenge, we’ll just draw our way into the playoffs and hope to win on penalties...[/QUOTE]

We cannot string 3 or 4 passes together, thus we cannot see games out. When you keep smashing the ball back to the opposition with plenty of time left on the clock, they are going to keep coming back at you.

Our midfield isn’t good enough, both out wide and in the middle. Hard work and
grit only gets you so far. Ball retention has been an issue all season.

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 17.51:25

Pagl the missed opportunity for a win today isn't solely down to Bodens miss as I'm sure Those who went will tell you , it was down to their goalkeeper having a stormer & individual errors Woking hit the crossbar.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Big A 17th March 2018 17.54:21

[QUOTE=smiffysarmy;2124802]Should have brought Ainge on as soon as they equalised[/QUOTE]

I have only seen his short appearance against Chester, but I’ll be honest.... I cannot see what he is going to fetch to the party. He looks both slow and overweight.

OneLoveWrexham 17th March 2018 17.55:50

[QUOTE=Big A;2124821]I have only seen his short appearance against Chester, but I’ll be honest.... I cannot see what he is going to fetch to the party. He looks both slow and overweight.[/QUOTE]
I’d of brought him on at 2-1 to sure up the defence

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 18.13:35

We were lucky to get a draw in the end, blatant pen for woking in the last minute when Pearson pushed their striker who was in on goal.
Played well in parts, Kelly was my motm. We seemed to fall apart when he went off.

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 18.15:34

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2124820]Pagl the missed opportunity for a win today isn't solely down to Bodens miss as I'm sure Those who went will tell you , it was down to their goalkeeper having a stormer & individual errors Woking hit the crossbar.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yep we had other chances too. I didn’t see Boden’s chance as any more of a sitter than some of our other chances.

davewilli 17th March 2018 18.20:13

[QUOTE=sparky;2124816]Let's be honest, he's garbage. As soon as Coddington was available we should have snapped him up. No ifs, no buts.[/QUOTE]

Coddington has made some real blunders since joining Guiseley, looking at their highlights. Maybe he isn't the complete keeper we thought he was.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.22:40.