RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 18.36:13

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124828]Yep we had other chances too. I didn’t see Boden’s chance as any more of a sitter than some of our other chances.[/QUOTE]

Thanks FR I take that opinion not based on a radio commentator.

Does you think Manny was missed at the back today?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Windsor Mike 17th March 2018 18.37:14

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124827]We were lucky to get a draw in the end, blatant pen for woking in the last minute when Pearson pushed their striker who was in on goal.
Played well in parts, Kelly was my motm. We seemed to fall apart when he went off.[/QUOTE]

Good call, unless he had a knock Quigley shouldn't have been substituted his first touch is streets ahead of any other strikers we have. We don't have enough to be promoted from what I've seen this season, constantly looking vulnerable from set-pieces and stating the obvious we simply can't kill teams off, the miss by Boden at the end a classic case in point.
Great support as always today in horrible conditions, well done to all especially the lads in the Guinness hats !!! You certainly gave the lino some stick first half, all deserved too !!
Boy was it windy, almost impossible for the keepers to reach the halfway line kicking from the main stand behind the goal. Ho hum we go again next week need to consolidate the playoffs now as we need 2nd or 3rd I suspect

Lets Av A Riot 17th March 2018 18.38:29

[QUOTE=Redted;2124771]Yet another two points dropped against a poor Woking side. Draws are killing us and it looks like the caretaker management team made a bit of a mess on the tactical front today[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity... but was you there ? or basing your opinion on radio commentary?

i personally wasn't there.. but going by the radio commentary.. we sounded pretty good going forward with a fair amount of attacking threat.... and if not for their keeper having one of that anomaly of games with multiple great saves.. we would of won comfortably.

yes some will try negate that by saying it was his fault for our 2nd... but that stll doesn't derive away from what he seemed to have was a excellent game

would like to hear an UNBIASED view either way on how we performed and set up from somebody who actually went today .. as norally for away games there does tend to be more radio pundits than those at game

Lets Av A Riot 17th March 2018 18.39:23

p.s from radio seemed as though Quigley had a quiet game by his standards...

and Deverdics sounded crap.. even commentators were calling for him to be subbed.

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 18.41:05

Keep an eye on Bromley with their games in hand, the home game against Borehamwood become important now.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

FieldtownRed 17th March 2018 18.58:16

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2124836]Thanks FR I take that opinion not based on a radio commentator.

Does you think Manny was missed at the back today?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not sure. I thought Raven played well. Towards the end woking just launched balls over the top and all our team seemed to panic.

stalybridge sheepshagger 17th March 2018 19.03:58

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2124827]We were lucky to get a draw in the end, blatant pen for woking in the last minute when Pearson pushed their striker who was in on goal.
Played well in parts, Kelly was my motm. We seemed to fall apart when he went off.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely spot on, we are lucky to get the point in the end, that was a nailed on penalty for Woking but both ref and Lino missed it, thank God. But it should ever have got to that - we went behind early to a headed goal from a corner despite being the better side. We upped our game and deservedly equalised before HT. In the 2nd half we were in total control and played lovely attractive passing football which Kelly topped with a belting long range shot. Woking were really onthe ropes, and we just needed a 3rd to kill the game, but their keeper played a blinder and we missed several golden chances. Then out of the blue they breakaway , their forward does a ‘Kelly’ and hits a shot from long range which hits angle of post/crossbar bounces along the line before we put it out for a corner. As per 1st half, their boy gets up above everyone else and scores a great headed goal as Dunn’s struggles to get to him.
Then the tables turn and we crumble - we desperately throw on subs as they pour forward and we get a stroke of luck when the ref misses an obvious pen for them. Then Boden fluffs an easy chance in the + 4 mins. Luckily the other results went our way, but if we make the playoffs games like this will go to ET and pens and we don’t seem to have the bottle for those sort of tasks

TaidTom 17th March 2018 19.08:20

have we missed a pen this season?

Overall, based on what has been said by fans who were there today, we've got to be happy with the performance and the result. Another big game next Saturday. To finish 2nd or 3rd at the very least is still very much on.

Hampshire Red 17th March 2018 19.26:48

After the week we've had its an ok result, no more than that. Some thoughts from someone who only gets to see the Reds play when they come down south:

- Dont think the tactics were wrong as the OP suggests. We started off on the front foot but unfortunately went a goal behind from an early corner when Pearson lost his man. I thought SP was less dominant than usual.

- As someone suggests Quigley did have a quiet game for him but was still a threat when he got the ball. Surprised when he was subbed and sadly they equalised soon afterwards.

- Kelly was my MOM - a cracking goal and could have got a hat trick (one well placed shot tipped over by the keeper and another blocked by a defender). We had no creative spark when he went off.

- Deverdics was poor, I dont think he has added anything to the team and he should have been the first to be hooked. Frequently took the wrong option when we were threatening in the second half.

- Carra had a good steady game, not troubled in defence and got forward a few times. Raven I thought was a bit shaky early on but soon settled. Wedge was his usual busy self and Holroyd was lively and got into a few dangerous positions. At the end Boden skied the ball when it would have been easier to bury it.

- We were really dominant in the first 20 minutes of the second half but their goalie kept them in it with a string of fine saves. They could have had a pen and also hit the crossbar. We could easily have come away with nothing.

So it's on to Maidstone next weekend which is a must win game then I'll be off to Bromley on Good Friday in the hope that we can break our duck there.

Rob 17th March 2018 19.45:00

Promising to hear Kelly has done well from those there and radio.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.24:57.