RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

Wiltshire_Red 18th March 2018 08.04:41

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2124902]His interview is just what I want to hear. Spoken like a proper leader. Confident we won’t fall apart with him around.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, good honest perspective of both the game and where we are with regards to play offs/top spot. Well spoken and inspires confidence, a true leader.

redllan 18th March 2018 08.09:40

Was there today .one of our BEST performance's of the season . But yet again CORNERS why can't we defend them .? we must have conceded 12 goals off them . I can't remember the last time a team has scored against us in open play

Congy Red 18th March 2018 10.17:03

Don't think the new management combo got off to a great start, but not terrible. Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking. They were under pressure to get points, it just needed a patient display with a few chances created for Quigley and Holroyd (i.e Play Wright)

Pearson highlighted the defensive weakness (height) that cost us the points. (i.e Play Wright)

After Chester I would have played Deverdics, he started to look useful last week. This week the management duo made a terrible decision to keep him on. I think a lot of effort was made to get him here (probably by Keates) and the decision to keep him on was weak and unjustified. Taking Kelly off just looked like the standard Keates tactic, no thought needed. Again a terrible decision.

FieldtownRed 18th March 2018 10.32:42

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2124990]Don't think the new management combo got off to a great start, but not terrible. Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking. They were under pressure to get points, it just needed a patient display with a few chances created for Quigley and Holroyd (i.e Play Wright)

Pearson highlighted the defensive weakness (height) that cost us the points. (i.e Play Wright)

After Chester I would have played Deverdics, he started to look useful last week. This week the management duo made a terrible decision to keep him on. I think a lot of effort was made to get him here (probably by Keates) and the decision to keep him on was weak and unjustified. Taking Kelly off just looked like the standard Keates tactic, no thought needed. Again a terrible decision.[/QUOTE]

Why was getting more out of Kelly a gamble that didn’t pay off when he scored a wonder goal and was most people’s man of the match??

Bigmike 18th March 2018 11.26:36

Re: Woking reaction thread

[QUOTE=eastsussexred;2124784]I thought we were a different team today; much more positive. How many times have we had so many shots on goal this season? and so many on target? Not many, if any; plus we dominated possesion for most of the game and were positive going forward for most of the game too.
Their goalkeeper stopped us having a goalfest today and we were also missing Manny too.
Dunn disappointing again, and despite another draw, we are now looking like a team that wants 3pts rather than 1. Overall, feeling much more positive than I have for much of the season[/QUOTE]

thanks for the report east

Bigmike 18th March 2018 11.29:15

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2124906]Spot on!
Feel a lot better about it all after listening to that. Today hasn't been too bad a day when you look at some of the other results.

What I liked about this Pearson interview was he had a kind of relaxed demeanour, more or less we are going to do this, we are going to finish the job. He is the kind of bloke you would want to be led by!

I just hope whoever takes over gets him on another contract with a clause in that he can do whatever he likes around the club in the next 2-3 years, learn his coaching badges, put his feet up when he feels like and basically lets get this lad signed up so we can keep him "in the building". It isn't often we get a player like this here.[/QUOTE]

excellent post

Birdy 18th March 2018 11.46:45

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2124990]Don't think the new management combo got off to a great start, but not terrible. Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking. They were under pressure to get points, it just needed a patient display with a few chances created for Quigley and Holroyd (i.e Play Wright)

After Chester I would have played Deverdics, he started to look useful last week. This week the management duo made a terrible decision to keep him on. I think a lot of effort was made to get him here (probably by Keates) and the decision to keep him on was weak and unjustified. Taking Kelly off just looked like the standard Keates tactic, no thought needed. Again a terrible decision.[/QUOTE]

You contradict yourself all over the place! Please try again.

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2124990]After Chester I would have played Deverdics[/QUOTE] He did play!

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2124990]Getting more out of Kelly was good, but was a gamble that didn't pay off. Strangely playing really well wasn't a priority against Woking.[/QUOTE] So if Kelly hadn't have scored we would have lost the game.

Prodigal Dragon 18th March 2018 12.02:56

Thought Pearson came across very well in his post match interview. Just the type of leadership qualities you need from our captain. We have a job to do over these next 11 games.

StattoWrexham 18th March 2018 12.13:00

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2125046]Thought Pearson came across very well in his post match interview. Just the type of leadership qualities you need from our captain. We have a job to do over these next 11 games.[/QUOTE]

Thought Andy Davies came across very well too, there is no panic around the club that is for sure!

Sometimes when the manager goes there is a bit of panic and unrest as natural but this time I feel it's calm and just ready to complete the job. (Hope I am not going to regret posting this) as football doesn't ever go as smooth as we would like.

rhyger 18th March 2018 12.14:49

Andy Davies didn't answer the question though about taking over till the end of the season

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.38:20.