RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

Redted 17th March 2018 16.03:13

Woking (A) reaction thread

Yet another two points dropped against a poor Woking side. Draws are killing us and it looks like the caretaker management team made a bit of a mess on the tactical front today

benwilliams 17th March 2018 16.05:26

Re: Woking reaction thread

We need to confirm the management team ASAP, If it’s Carl and Andy to the end of the season fine but we need that certainty
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

riccardo 17th March 2018 16.06:14

Sounded like a fair result to me...isn’t that 16 draws now? Must be going for the record...

pagl 17th March 2018 16.06:43

I worry about the ambition with 2 subs with 4 mnutes left.

stevewxm 17th March 2018 16.10:38

Give your heads a wobble, we’re not feckin Barcelona, all other teams dropped points today, we are one point off third place, there keeper had a world class game, lots more twists and turns to come if you want perfection go and watch Man City !!! UTST

Funny_Old_Game 17th March 2018 16.10:40

If we’d have won we would have been back in the race for the title with the way all results went, you couldn’t ask for better results today.

Couldn’t kill it off and gave away a corner which is of course a goal.

Screwe Alexander 17th March 2018 16.11:18

It was always going to be a draw, wasn't it.

Zipper 17th March 2018 16.12:15

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2124775]Give your heads a wobble, we’re not feckin Barcelona, all other teams dropped points today, we are one point off third place, there keeper had a world class game, lots more twists and turns to come if you want perfection go and watch Man City !!! UTST[/QUOTE]

No thanks thay cannot beat wigan

totesey2 17th March 2018 16.12:20

Crosses and corners again our downfall!

riccardo 17th March 2018 16.12:34

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2124776]If we’d have won we would have been back in the race for the title with the way all results went, you couldn’t ask for better results today.

Couldn’t kill it off and gave away a corner which is of course a goal.[/QUOTE]

Back in the race for the title? We’d never string 3 or 4 wins together to sustain a challenge, we’ll just draw our way into the playoffs and hope to win on penalties...

Redted 17th March 2018 16.13:20

It's so frustrating ahhh!!!

Wiltshire_Red 17th March 2018 16.14:31

Top 3 at start of play all lost today, plenty of twists and turns to come yet. Sure is better than being mid table, tighten your seatbelts for the run in.

Halkynred 17th March 2018 16.14:43

Although we should have won easier we have to remember their goalie saved the game for them with at least 3 very good goal bound saves.

No major moves above us today bar Boreham Wood.
Let’s get the atmosphere electric next Saturday, we can at least get 2nd or 3rd spot !!

eastsussexred 17th March 2018 16.16:39

I thought we were a different team today; much more positive. How many times have we had so many shots on goal this season? and so many on target? Not many, if any; plus we dominated possesion for most of the game and were positive going forward for most of the game too.
Their goalkeeper stopped us having a goalfest today and we were also missing Manny too.
Dunn disappointing again, and despite another draw, we are now looking like a team that wants 3pts rather than 1. Overall, feeling much more positive than I have for much of the season

welshian 17th March 2018 16.17:56

At least it sounds like we dominated and produced several great chances. On a different day it could have been 4 1. Sounds a far more sttractive game than we've had recently.

Owain Glyndwr 17th March 2018 16.18:54

I think it was important not to loose today. Hopefully new ideas to work on next week.

stevewxm 17th March 2018 16.19:16

[QUOTE=riccardo;2124780]Back in the race for the title? We’d never string 3 or 4 wins together to sustain a challenge, we’ll just draw our way into the playoffs and hope to win on penalties...[/QUOTE]

Do for me......

RemovedUser 17th March 2018 16.20:36

We gained ground on Macc, Sutton and Tranmere today.
We lost ground only to Boreham Arsenal.
3pts would have been better, obviously, but nothings been decided yet.

Foxy 17th March 2018 16.21:02

That’s the best I think we have sounded on the radio for a while - lots of possession and lots of chances with their keeper making several great saves. Boden missed a sitter at the end and its important that the new manager puts his name at the top of the “to be released” list.

Halkynred 17th March 2018 16.23:33

[QUOTE=Owain Glyndwr;2124787]I think it was important not to loose today. Hopefully new ideas to work on next week.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, when a manager leaves form can go both ways.
Important that we steadied the ship after a traumatic week for players and staff
Sounds like Kelly had a more central role today and made thins happen, maybe the key to success , and hopefully manny returning will bolster that defence !

moynkeepthefaith 17th March 2018 16.23:41

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2124775]Give your heads a wobble, we’re not feckin Barcelona, all other teams dropped points today, we are one point off third place, there keeper had a world class game, lots more twists and turns to come if you want perfection go and watch Man City !!! UTST[/QUOTE]

After the week we have had at the club I guess we have to believe that a draw away from home is acceptable. However under the circumstances it is for sure a chance missed to catch up the top two.

On we go to next week and I am sure more revelations

ysbryd 17th March 2018 16.26:04

[QUOTE=eastsussexred;2124784]I thought we were a different team today; much more positive. How many times have we had so many shots on goal this season? and so many on target? Not many, if any; plus we dominated possesion for most of the game and were positive going forward for most of the game too.
Their goalkeeper stopped us having a goalfest today and we were also missing Manny too.
Dunn disappointing again, and despite another draw, we are now looking like a team that wants 3pts rather than
1. Overall, feeling much more positive than I have for much of the season[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly how it sounded over the radio. A very frustrating result after getting back into the game and testing their keeper so often.

crazywelsh 17th March 2018 16.26:20

[QUOTE=Foxy;2124790]That’s the best I think we have sounded on the radio for a while - lots of possession and lots of chances with their keeper making several great saves. Boden missed a sitter at the end and its important that the new manager puts his name at the top of the “to be released” list.[/QUOTE]

I agree the guy has been a poor signing, he is not worth another deal but it’s who do we replace him with as most players are poor at this level.

Birdy 17th March 2018 16.27:34

[QUOTE=Redted;2124771]Yet another two points dropped against a poor Woking side. Draws are killing us and it looks like the caretaker management team made a bit of a mess on the tactical front today[/QUOTE]

Sounded much better tactically more attacking. If Keates was in charge we would have drawn 1-1 or lost 2-1.

John Neals Dynasty 17th March 2018 16.28:14

[QUOTE=Foxy;2124790]That’s the best I think we have sounded on the radio for a while - lots of possession and lots of chances with their keeper making several great saves. Boden missed a sitter at the end and its important that the new manager puts his name at the top of the “to be released” list.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because he missed a sitter 😂😂 the drugs aren't working Foxy, well it looks like it wasn't all down to Keates bringing subs on with 5 mins left. After an unsettling week for the team the result isn't bad, yes we missed an opportunity to catch a few up. But look at it another way the others missed a chance to pull away.

pagl 17th March 2018 16.35:28

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2124796]Why? Because he missed a sitter 😂😂 the drugs aren't working Foxy, well it looks like it wasn't all down to Keates bringing subs on with 5 mins left. After an unsettling week for the team the result isn't bad, yes we missed an opportunity to catch a few up. But look at it another way the others missed a chance to pull away.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Basically because he isnt good enough. Missed opportunity for 3 points today and then there were 8 to go. Every missed chance costs dearly at this stage.
Not going to grab the fans for next Saturdays game is it?

riccardo 17th March 2018 16.38:08

Boden is as bad as McAliskey or Bakare...get rid in the summer for sure.

Cymro 17th March 2018 16.45:49

[QUOTE=riccardo;2124799]Boden is as bad as McAliskey or Bakare...get rid in the summer for sure.[/QUOTE]
Can't agree with this. It's not been great that's for sure but hasn't he had family problems? Streets ahead of Bakare.

riccardo 17th March 2018 16.47:53

He’s terrible-3 goals in 20 odd games is a poor return, disaster of a signing.

smiffysarmy 17th March 2018 16.49:04

[QUOTE=pagl;2124774]I worry about the ambition with 2 subs with 4 mnutes left.[/QUOTE]

Should have brought Ainge on as soon as they equalised

NottsRed 17th March 2018 16.49:20

Considering the week we've had id have taken a point. Just a shame with the other teams around us dropping points we couldn't capitalize.

Got to be questions asked about Dunn after another howler.

wurzelhater 17th March 2018 16.51:23

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2124803]Considering the week we've had id have taken a point. Just a shame with the other teams around us dropping points we couldn't capitalize.

Got to be questions asked about Dunn after another howler.[/QUOTE]

No howler at all free headers from 8 yds from corners shocking.

Happy Larry 17th March 2018 16.52:02

How many points has Dunne lost us this season?

krux 17th March 2018 16.55:33

[QUOTE=riccardo;2124801]He’s terrible-3 goals in 20 odd games is a poor return, disaster of a signing.[/QUOTE]

Likely to be at the top end of the wage scale too.

EnglishRed 17th March 2018 16.55:58

[QUOTE=eastsussexred;2124784]I thought we were a different team today; much more positive. How many times have we had so many shots on goal this season? and so many on target? Not many, if any; plus we dominated possesion for most of the game and were positive going forward for most of the game too.
Dunn disappointing again, and despite another draw, we are now looking like a team that wants 3pts rather than 1. Overall, feeling much more positive than I have for much of the season[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, confirms how it came across on the radio. Always good to hear from someone who was there rather than just get a load of knee jerk reactions based solely on the result not the performance

wurzelhater 17th March 2018 16.56:00

[QUOTE=Cymro;2124800]Can't agree with this. It's not been great that's for sure but hasn't he had family problems? Streets ahead of Bakare.[/QUOTE]

Yes he has which is sad but as a striker that miss was shocking at any level hes finished get rid.

totesey2 17th March 2018 17.02:17

[QUOTE=Happy Larry;2124805]How many points has Dunne lost us this season?[/QUOTE]

He is a good shot stopper but poor in the air, A goalkeeper who constantly punches balls away obviously lacks confidence with high balls in his box, He is a tall keeper and should be able to take balls in the air and dominate his area which he clearly is unable to do so.

Prodigal Dragon 17th March 2018 17.04:01

Baxter keeps Woking out of the soup!

Frustrating, but could have been worse.

Corner Flag 17th March 2018 17.11:49

[QUOTE=wurzelhater;2124808]Yes he has which is sad but as a striker that miss was shocking at any level hes finished get rid.[/QUOTE]

Boden needs showing the door and quickly he is a waste of a wage and a bloody fake strikrr.

livpoksoc 17th March 2018 17.21:04

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

Anyone forgetting that Macc may have lost, but Dover gained 2 points on us making that gap to 8th perilous for all the teams between 3rd and 8th

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.44:12.