RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Players and managers contracts. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111540-players-managers-contracts.html)

redtalk 18th March 2018 10.58:16

Players and managers contracts.

Just out of interest and to expand the discussion of Keates contract clauses etc, do contracts of managers and players in general terms have lots of clauses in them?

I would be fascinated to actually review a non specific typical contract of someone at this level, because i would be intrigued what goes on in the footballing world. I suppose agents have a bad rep, but they might be very skilled in tailoring contracts with all sorts of get outs for their clients in the right circumstances.

jonesfach 18th March 2018 12.00:05

Re: Players and managers contracts.

[QUOTE=redtalk;2125016]Just out of interest and to expand the discussion of Keates contract clauses etc, do contracts of managers and players in general terms have lots of clauses in them?

I would be fascinated to actually review a non specific typical contract of someone at this level, because i would be intrigued what goes on in the footballing world. I suppose agents have a bad rep, but they might be very skilled in tailoring contracts with all sorts of get outs for their clients in the right circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Even Messi has a buyout clause heard it mentioned the other night. Something like £800 million...:eek:

Royal welsh red 18th March 2018 12.26:42

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2125044]Yes. Even Messi has a buyout clause heard it mentioned the other night. Something like £800 million...:eek:[/QUOTE]

We should use the Keates compensation money to make a bid!

Bissell 18th March 2018 12.39:33

I can see Keates making a move for Manny Smith in the summer. Need to tie him down for an extra year.

OneLoveWrexham 18th March 2018 12.49:47

[QUOTE=Bissell;2125060]I can see Keates making a move for Manny Smith in the summer. Need to tie him down for an extra year.[/QUOTE]
He is on a 2 year contract anyway, think some are getting carried away thinking Keates is going to ‘poach’ some of our players. We have maybe only 2 players good enough for league 2 never mind league 1.

LlayDragon 18th March 2018 13.18:13

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2125062]He is on a 2 year contract anyway, think some are getting carried away thinking Keates is going to ‘poach’ some of our players. We have maybe only 2 players good enough for league 2 never mind league 1.[/QUOTE]

His going to a League one side the is certainly better for us, poaching wise.

Personally I don't think we've got any players capable of cutting the mustard at League one; it's a sizeable jump in quality to League two.

smotyns 18th March 2018 13.28:09

[QUOTE=redtalk;2125016]Just out of interest and to expand the discussion of Keates contract clauses etc, do contracts of managers and players in general terms have lots of clauses in them?

I would be fascinated to actually review a non specific typical contract of someone at this level, because i would be intrigued what goes on in the footballing world. I suppose agents have a bad rep, but they might be very skilled in tailoring contracts with all sorts of get outs for their clients in the right circumstances.[/QUOTE]
If you get chance hunt out the secret footballer books and check out the twitter account or articles in the guardian. Lots of interesting stuff, albeit about premiership players. Ther are sample contracted online, one from a Norwegian club is on the link:

[url]https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/overgang/standard_playing_contract_professional_players.pdf[/url]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th March 2018 13.32:44

Messi has to have a buy out clause, which is different to a release clause ( don't ask how) because of Spanish employment law. In the UK they're far rarer, but are being used more frequently as a sort of insurance policy.

A buy out clause see's a player buying themselves out of a contract, not the club, nothing stopping a club paying the money to the player to do so though.

Lods 18th March 2018 13.51:25

[QUOTE=Bissell;2125060]I can see Keates making a move for Manny Smith in the summer. Need to tie him down for an extra year.[/QUOTE]

I like Manny but I don't think he'd be that good for a League 1 side. Massive jump in quality. He's a L2 player tops.

Although hopefully the opposite is true and Keates maybe lets one of the better players in Walsall's academy come to Wrexham on loan next year (I can always hope)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.14:45.