Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th March 2018, 22.49:34   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Screwe Alexander's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Does anyone really care though?
1) the potential for funding towards a new Kop
2) investment from WAG into the town
3) acknowledgement that Wrexham is the home of Welsh football
4) the creation of short term construction and long term management and administration jobs
5) the clear up of a deralict site on the gateway into the town which has been an eyesore for years
6) civic pride in something we can take ownership of
7) an attraction for people who ordinary wouldn't come into the town

Apart from that? Nah, bollocks to it. This is Wrexham, we deserve bugger all so let's go and queue up at the pound bakery instead.
__________________
You’ve got to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.
Old 18th March 2018, 23.27:31   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

The moment they announced the investment in Colliers Park it was almost inevitable they'd build the museum somewhere else
Old 18th March 2018, 23.52:25   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
1) the potential for funding towards a new Kop
2) investment from WAG into the town
3) acknowledgement that Wrexham is the home of Welsh football
4) the creation of short term construction and long term management and administration jobs
5) the clear up of a deralict site on the gateway into the town which has been an eyesore for years
6) civic pride in something we can take ownership of
7) an attraction for people who ordinary wouldn't come into the town

Apart from that? Nah, bollocks to it. This is Wrexham, we deserve bugger all so let's go and queue up at the pound bakery instead.
So basically you want other people to pay for your ground! The Welsh RFU paid for your main stand and now you want someone else to rebuild the kop?
Old 19th March 2018, 02.15:04   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: Ian Darlington
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Shinton View Post
If the Welsh FA are deciding the venue, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in Liverpool like the Wales v Scotland match of 1977.
Well there are a lot of Welsh people living in Liverpool. More than Newtown which used to be full of people from the Midlands.
Old 19th March 2018, 08.01:29   #25-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

If the Kop ever gets rebuilt then any shops there need to tailor for the fact that there is a University right next to it. That means food outlets like Papa Johns or Dominos etc etc something that will last long term.

Im not surprised one bit this won't go ahead in Wrexham. If Newtown does get it though that would be a massive kick in the nuts. The place itself is a nightmare to get to never mind it not being exactly the greatest football hub in Wales.
Old 19th March 2018, 08.29:23   #26-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
If the Kop ever gets rebuilt then any shops there need to tailor for the fact that there is a University right next to it. That means food outlets like Papa Johns or Dominos etc etc something that will last long term.

Im not surprised one bit this won't go ahead in Wrexham. If Newtown does get it though that would be a massive kick in the nuts. The place itself is a nightmare to get to never mind it not being exactly the greatest football hub in Wales.
Could have put Techniquest there and had some containers at the back growing food and accomodation for students etc.
Old 19th March 2018, 08.48:42   #27-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Iesty's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: iestyn
Twitter: @iesty83





Default Re: Football museum unlikely - Dismal jimmy

if the new football museum lead to a new multi functional stand then i would have been happy. as it is, it is just another step to realising this, with the WG trying to at least secure the future of the land
__________________
There must, for instance, be something very strange in a man who , if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Old 19th March 2018, 09.13:02   #28-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Lockdown at home
Real Name: Patrick
Twitter: @podders1981





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
So basically you want other people to pay for your ground! The Welsh RFU paid for your main stand and now you want someone else to rebuild the kop?
The Pryce Griffiths stand was funded by lottery money via the Sports Council for Wales.
Old 19th March 2018, 09.35:48   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
ugarte007's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Juan
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
So basically you want other people to pay for your ground! The Welsh RFU paid for your main stand and now you want someone else to rebuild the kop?
Why not , were the only major sporting team in half a country. The stadium would be used for more than just ourselves. Difference between Wrexham and yourselves is North Wales needs Wrexham, as Chester and surrounding area people have proved before they dont need you.
__________________
'But you keep coming back, you have no choice.
Old 19th March 2018, 09.45:50   #30-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Chris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Football museum unlikely - Dismal jimmy

There were rumours surrounding the ownership of the land behind the Kop and that the Welsh government may have gone for a compulsory purchase or similar...anyone know how this news would impact that?? I’m not as concerned regarding any museum but the land ownership perplexed me as it’s the option of security for the future and any future development of the kop will be directly impacted by who owns that land!!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.22:16.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12