RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Football museum unlikely - Dismal jimmy (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111541-football-museum-unlikely-dismal-jimmy.html)

feedmetilliwantnomore 18th March 2018 16.30:46

Football museum unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Just now on Facebook dismal jimmy have informed us that WG have gone cold on a football museum in Wrexham as a result no new pop. Skates and Griffiths not to blame. More good news eh!

feedmetilliwantnomore 18th March 2018 16.31:41

Re: Football museam unlikely - Dismal jimmy

Ffs Kop not pop

Ddraigoch 18th March 2018 16.38:27

Ffs, museum not museam

feedmetilliwantnomore 18th March 2018 16.51:57

flip you

DenbighRed 18th March 2018 17.09:02

A good week to be a Wrexham fan. Best manager for years gone and now it doesn’t look like the museum will be up here.

billybersham 18th March 2018 17.12:10

Was it really ever going to happen,as said when it was first mentioned it will end up like everything else on Cardiff bay.

Robin Redvest 18th March 2018 17.39:34

I was looking for a word to describe my thoughts about Wrexham's chances in actually getting the Football museum.
I've come up with 2. Sceptical and non existent.

Redvest

feedmetilliwantnomore 18th March 2018 17.47:38

Who really cares about a museum/museam lol. It's more about the state of the stadium it's an eyesore surely we can remove the kop put parking on there??? Can we do that with the help of the fan base and wider community? Afteralll that's how it was built in the first place. We could make money daily with car park charges. Access permitting.

Alan Attack 18th March 2018 17.53:05

[QUOTE=feedmetilliwantnomore;2125167]Who really cares about a museum/museam lol. It's more about the state of the stadium it's an eyesore surely we can remove the kop put parking on there??? Can we do that with the help of the fan base and wider community? Afteralll that's how it was built in the first place. We could make money daily with car park charges. Access permitting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let’s organise a controlled demolition of the Kop:freak:

Roly Ugolini 18th March 2018 17.56:01

Could someone explain to me the financial gains that
we, on anyone else, would get from having a football museum.
It's probably not something that you would visit more than once and
to me looks like a white elephant that wouldn't be self sufficient and
a drain on resources

Alan Attack 18th March 2018 17.57:38

[QUOTE=Roly Ugolini;2125171]Could someone explain to me the financial gains that
a drain on resources[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I’ve said and was accused of all sorts.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th March 2018 18.56:13

[QUOTE=Roly Ugolini;2125171]Could someone explain to me the financial gains that

Exactly what I said a few months ago...If we are ever to have a development underneath a kop stand, it needs to be something more money generating than a football museum...
You also have to ask yourself, does Wales have a rich enough heritage in football to warrant a museum...

Anyway... If there's to be one...Not much doubt where it's likely to be...

feedmetilliwantnomore 18th March 2018 19.01:23

Alan attack are you a cock? Why the negativity? What is your answer seeing as we have no cash no council support and a university holding us to ransom for stadium up keep. No one on earth needs a welsh football museum we do need rid of the kop

bowler 18th March 2018 19.12:50

That's why we may get the damn thing no expense to Cardiff

1984 18th March 2018 19.43:20

[QUOTE=billybersham;2125149]Was it really ever going to happen,as said when it was first mentioned it will end up like everything else on Cardiff bay.[/QUOTE]

First choice - the capital - standard
Then swansea
Then newport
Then a toss up between us and Bangor
So no big shock there to be honest

Atticus Finch 18th March 2018 20.11:07

The Museum was not something the Football Club was ever going to have to run, or have any financial stake in.

Regardless of what you or I think about it, it was identified as something which might be beneficial to the nation and so public money was being lined up to provide it.

We were interested as it might prove to be a catalyst for the Kop redevelopment. It's the sort of public / private thing which has helped with stadium developments across the country, so why not us?

Whether or not you think a museum is needed per se (is a museum ever really "needed" in that sense), it would have formed the anchor of the Kop rebuild and made the whole thing cheaper for the club.

Without it, I fear we might not see the Kop end tidied up for at least another decade or so. The clear up is too costly for the club on its own, and too costly for the landlord to bother with at all. We need some kind of partnership....

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 18th March 2018 20.12:50

It's looking like Newtown are going to get it, they've launched an actual bid and have a fair bit of financial backing behind them already, meanwhile Wrexham council twiddle their thumbs expecting everything for free again.

Screwe Alexander 18th March 2018 21.48:44

Very disappointing if true but I've just read the posts on FB and Lesley Griffiths has replied directly to say she hasn't heard anything.

Funny_Old_Game 18th March 2018 22.16:51

Does anyone really care though?

Bobby_Shinton 18th March 2018 22.24:49

[QUOTE=1984;2125222]First choice - the capital - standard
Then swansea
Then newport
So no big shock there to be honest[/QUOTE]

If the Welsh FA are deciding the venue, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in Liverpool like the Wales v Scotland match of 1977.

Screwe Alexander 18th March 2018 22.49:34

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2125261]Does anyone really care though?[/QUOTE]

1) the potential for funding towards a new Kop
2) investment from WAG into the town
3) acknowledgement that Wrexham is the home of Welsh football
4) the creation of short term construction and long term management and administration jobs
5) the clear up of a deralict site on the gateway into the town which has been an eyesore for years
6) civic pride in something we can take ownership of
7) an attraction for people who ordinary wouldn't come into the town

Apart from that? Nah, bollocks to it. This is Wrexham, we deserve bugger all so let's go and queue up at the pound bakery instead.

tokyored 18th March 2018 23.27:31

The moment they announced the investment in Colliers Park it was almost inevitable they'd build the museum somewhere else

Whitey 18th March 2018 23.52:25

[QUOTE=Screwe Alexander;2125265]1) the potential for funding towards a new Kop
2) investment from WAG into the town
3) acknowledgement that Wrexham is the home of Welsh football
4) the creation of short term construction and long term management and administration jobs
5) the clear up of a deralict site on the gateway into the town which has been an eyesore for years
6) civic pride in something we can take ownership of
7) an attraction for people who ordinary wouldn't come into the town

Apart from that? Nah, bollocks to it. This is Wrexham, we deserve bugger all so let's go and queue up at the pound bakery instead.[/QUOTE]

So basically you want other people to pay for your ground! The Welsh RFU paid for your main stand and now you want someone else to rebuild the kop?

aussiejackoinsaudi 19th March 2018 02.15:04

[QUOTE=Bobby_Shinton;2125262]If the Welsh FA are deciding the venue, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in Liverpool like the Wales v Scotland match of 1977.[/QUOTE]

Well there are a lot of Welsh people living in Liverpool. More than Newtown which used to be full of people from the Midlands.

NottsRed 19th March 2018 08.01:29

If the Kop ever gets rebuilt then any shops there need to tailor for the fact that there is a University right next to it. That means food outlets like Papa Johns or Dominos etc etc something that will last long term.

Im not surprised one bit this won't go ahead in Wrexham. If Newtown does get it though that would be a massive kick in the nuts. The place itself is a nightmare to get to never mind it not being exactly the greatest football hub in Wales.

StattoWrexham 19th March 2018 08.29:23

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2125280]If the Kop ever gets rebuilt then any shops there need to tailor for the fact that there is a University right next to it. That means food outlets like Papa Johns or Dominos etc etc something that will last long term.

Im not surprised one bit this won't go ahead in Wrexham. If Newtown does get it though that would be a massive kick in the nuts. The place itself is a nightmare to get to never mind it not being exactly the greatest football hub in Wales.[/QUOTE]

Could have put Techniquest there and had some containers at the back growing food and accomodation for students etc.

Iesty 19th March 2018 08.48:42

Re: Football museum unlikely - Dismal jimmy

if the new football museum lead to a new multi functional stand then i would have been happy. as it is, it is just another step to realising this, with the WG trying to at least secure the future of the land

podders 19th March 2018 09.13:02

[QUOTE=Whitey;2125269]So basically you want other people to pay for your ground! The Welsh RFU paid for your main stand and now you want someone else to rebuild the kop?[/QUOTE]

The Pryce Griffiths stand was funded by lottery money via the Sports Council for Wales.

ugarte007 19th March 2018 09.35:48

[QUOTE=Whitey;2125269]So basically you want other people to pay for your ground! The Welsh RFU paid for your main stand and now you want someone else to rebuild the kop?[/QUOTE]

Why not , were the only major sporting team in half a country. The stadium would be used for more than just ourselves. Difference between Wrexham and yourselves is North Wales needs Wrexham, as Chester and surrounding area people have proved before they dont need you.

Leighton Red 19th March 2018 09.45:50

There were rumours surrounding the ownership of the land behind the Kop and that the Welsh government may have gone for a compulsory purchase or similar...anyone know how this news would impact that?? I’m not as concerned regarding any museum but the land ownership perplexed me as it’s the option of security for the future and any future development of the kop will be directly impacted by who owns that land!!

cardiffred 19th March 2018 11.13:52

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2125240]It's looking like Newtown are going to get it, they've launched an actual bid and have a fair bit of financial backing behind them already, [B]meanwhile Wrexham council twiddle their thumbs expecting everything for free again[/B].[/QUOTE]

This, this and this again.

GarryOggy 19th March 2018 11.58:44

Your ground is partly in Wales so maybe you should apply to have the museum.

stevie focks 19th March 2018 12.00:50

Newtown???? Ffs

Wxm boy 19th March 2018 13.45:32

The RFU?? Don't be soft.

Also, didn't the taxpayer pay for that dump you call home too??

wxmdoug 19th March 2018 13.53:24

[QUOTE=stevie focks;2125364]Newtown???? Ffs[/QUOTE]

who goes to Newtown ?

strange decision by the FA if true

Outertowner 19th March 2018 14.05:27

[QUOTE=wxmdoug;2125412]who goes to Newtown ?

[B]strange decision by the FA if true[/B][/QUOTE]

I think this just shows how far North they are willing to spend money. Maybe one day in my life time it will reach as far as Wrexham.

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 19th March 2018 14.24:34

[QUOTE=stevie focks;2125364]Newtown???? Ffs[/QUOTE]

completely mad choice.

baseball did this with cooperstown in upstate New York, which is a nightmare to get to so nobody goes

Haruki 19th March 2018 14.25:37

[QUOTE=Outertowner;2125419]I think this just shows how far North they are willing to spend money. Maybe one day in my life time it will reach as far as Wrexham.[/QUOTE]

the FAW are investing hugely in Wrexham with a redevelopment of Colliers park

draig arian 19th March 2018 14.54:47

[QUOTE=1984;2125222]First choice - the capital - standard
Then swansea
Then newport
So no big shock there to be honest[/QUOTE]
Sorry.......Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bangor, Llandudno, Mold, Tenby.Newtown, Aberystwyth Llanfair PG or Wrexham.

t1954 19th March 2018 15.11:15

[QUOTE=Outertowner;2125419]I think this just shows how far North they are willing to spend money. Maybe one day in my life time it will reach as far as Wrexham.[/QUOTE]

It is impossible to live that long. Maybe your Great, Great, Great grandchildren may live too see it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.28:40.