RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   new face for saturday (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111542-new-face-saturday.html)

phil 18th March 2018 18.41:01

new face for saturday

does anybody think we will have a new face in the dug out for saturday i would not be surprised to see harrison in there alongside karl and andy could come in on a deal untill the season finishes would not be everybodys choice but could be worth a go

harrypothead 18th March 2018 18.42:35

Re: new face for saturday

No chance. We will have an x factor knockout stage of interviews with a date to appoint a new manager by Christmas.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 18th March 2018 18.44:59

Saunders will 10000000% be in the dugout for saturdays game

OneLoveWrexham 18th March 2018 18.47:23

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2125193]Saunders will 10000000% be in the dugout for saturdays game[/QUOTE]
More chance of me being in the dug out.... would be interesting to see the reaction on here though

jonesfach 18th March 2018 18.48:47

Announcement to be read from sealed envelope at 2.45.:)

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 18th March 2018 18.48:57

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2125194]More chance of me being in the dug out.... would be interesting to see the reaction on here though[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you Saunders will be in the dug out as manager on Saturday.

OneLoveWrexham 18th March 2018 18.51:30

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2125196]I guarantee you Saunders will be in the dug out as manager on Saturday.[/QUOTE]
I heard this also and that has come from a very very good source but I am refusing to believe it as it won’t happen, I wonder how many on here will back him after all the stick he gets.

jonesfach 18th March 2018 18.52:38

Isn't Maidstones manager called Saunders! :eek:

OneLoveWrexham 18th March 2018 18.52:56

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2125200]Isn't Maidstone manager called Saunders! :eek:[/QUOTE]
Yeah jay ;)

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 18th March 2018 18.58:01

Haha busted me

TaidTom 18th March 2018 19.33:44

Not too concerned at the moment. As long as Davies and Darlington are there.

pagl 18th March 2018 19.52:10

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2125216]Not too concerned at the moment. As long as Davies and Darlington are there.[/QUOTE]

Yeh. I think we have a couple of weeks to get the appointment right.
What's the rush if everyone knows their jobs at the moment.

Ooh aah Paskin 18th March 2018 20.18:14

No Harrison please

fluffysheepsupporter 18th March 2018 21.54:39

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2125195]Announcement to be read from sealed envelope at 2.45.:)[/QUOTE]

In the centre of the pitch before we sing the National Anthem and eat our chips for a quid?

Junior Shabadoo 19th March 2018 07.23:00

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2125191]No chance. We will have an x factor knockout stage of interviews with a date to appoint a new manager by Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Even though this didn't happen last time. And could only be pointed at the Wilkin appointment that saw the whole process take the grand total of three weeks from start to finish. Amazing how these myths grow legs.

Quay Red 19th March 2018 07.35:31

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2125275]Even though this didn't happen last time. And could only be pointed at the Wilkin appointment that saw the whole process take the grand total of three weeks from start to finish. Amazing how these myths grow legs.[/QUOTE]

These myths are only part of the posters agenda. Don't let the facts get in the way!

marathonplny 19th March 2018 08.41:16

I don't think that we will see anyone new in place until mid May

NottsRed 19th March 2018 08.46:25

TBH I think stick with Davies and Darlington till the end of the season. The names bounded about at the moment don't strike me as suitable for a variety of reasons. Better to save the compensation money for the summer (if we got any) and probably have a better choice of candidates available.

southcoastexpress 19th March 2018 08.48:19

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2125194]More chance of me being in the dug out.... would be interesting to see the reaction on here though[/QUOTE]

I would love it!

Redordead 19th March 2018 08.49:16

[url=http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/wrexham_afc/latest/16096283.Davies_and_Darlington_set_to_remain_in_temporary_charge_of_Wrexham_AFC/]Wrexham AFC: Andy Davies and Carl Darlington set to remain in temporary charge of Reds | The Leader[/url]

RHYLRED 19th March 2018 09.06:20

[QUOTE=Redordead;2125301][url=http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/wrexham_afc/latest/16096283.Davies_and_Darlington_set_to_remain_in_temporary_charge_of_Wrexham_AFC/]Wrexham AFC: Andy Davies and Carl Darlington set to remain in temporary charge of Reds | The Leader[/url][/QUOTE]

More than happy with that, the less disruption the better.

ugarte007 19th March 2018 09.10:13

[QUOTE=Redordead;2125301][url=http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/wrexham_afc/latest/16096283.Davies_and_Darlington_set_to_remain_in_temporary_charge_of_Wrexham_AFC/]Wrexham AFC: Andy Davies and Carl Darlington set to remain in temporary charge of Reds | The Leader[/url][/QUOTE]

Personally I would have gone for a new manager, reason being we are more attractive now than if we dont go up. Cheap option though I suppose.

eosceiriog 19th March 2018 09.14:16

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2125195]Announcement to be read from sealed envelope at 2.45.:)[/QUOTE]

Forget it just bring on the Passionettes.

Leighton Red 19th March 2018 09.17:02

Concern I’d have is looking after scouting for next season be it in National league or League Two. Need to not take the eye off of the future by fully concentrating on the present.

jonesfach 19th March 2018 09.19:54

[QUOTE=Leighton Red;2125313]Concern I’d have is looking after scouting for next season be it in National league or League Two. Need to not take the eye off of the future by fully concentrating on the present.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Without a new manager it's a bit short term..However, what the article might mean is that Andy and Carl are not following Dean to Walsall.

Hampshire Red 19th March 2018 09.31:57

Article also says we need to establish they want to do it, so hopefully that's now sorted.

Red Light 19th March 2018 10.20:09

Great news - leave it with them - they know how the engine ticks better than an outsider.

Rooster1982 19th March 2018 10.26:09

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2125310]Personally I would have gone for a new manager, reason being we are more attractive now than if we dont go up. Cheap option though I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I doubt its about cost...imagine it has more to do with stability or its a prelude to one/both taking over in the summer depending on where we end up. The good managers are all in jobs...nobody leaves a team doing well so close the end of the season (unless you are dean fliping keates).

A new manager would do that football management 101 thing of changing tactics ans personnel potentially. Taking us away from our game plan now undermines the work done so far this season. Football managers have a hard time as they need to exert authority with both a club board and a dressing room full of alpha males, doing nothing different could be seen as weakness, laziness or inability. Darlington and Davies are responsible for much of what has been done so far...trust in them for now.

redinsaudi 19th March 2018 10.34:24

Yay more draws to look forward to 😂

ugarte007 19th March 2018 10.37:21

[QUOTE=Rooster1982;2125327]I doubt its about cost...imagine it has more to do with stability or its a prelude to one/both taking over in the summer depending on where we end up. The good managers are all in jobs...nobody leaves a team doing well so close the end of the season (unless you are dean fliping keates).

A new manager would do that football management 101 thing of changing tactics ans personnel potentially. Taking us away from our game plan now undermines the work done so far this season. Football managers have a hard time as they need to exert authority with both a club board and a dressing room full of alpha males, doing nothing different could be seen as weakness, laziness or inability. Darlington and Davies are responsible for much of what has been done so far...trust in them for now.[/QUOTE]

I do trust them I just think that we look like a good prospect with 8 games to go and a possible promotion. If you don't invite candidates then you will never know. On the other hand if they get us promoted are we going to look for a new manager and tell him he must keep them on ? Its a strange situation we could be in either way.

joe 19th March 2018 10.47:15

Definitely a sensible decision that. Huge gamble appointing someone entirely new at this time of the season when we're in a play off place.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th March 2018 10.59:40

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2125329]I do trust them I just think that we look like a good prospect with 8 games to go and a possible promotion. If you don't invite candidates then you will never know. On the other hand if they get us promoted are we going to look for a new manager and tell him he must keep them on ? Its a strange situation we could be in either way.[/QUOTE]

If we get promoted with them in charge, we stick with them in League two surely?

Ooh aah Paskin 19th March 2018 11.00:18

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2125328]Yay more draws to look forward to ��[/QUOTE]

I will accept a draw at Bromley and possibly Leyton orient. But I insist we win the rest!

John Neals Dynasty 19th March 2018 11.00:34

I don't envy the board they are damned if they do & damned if they don't

A new manager may have given us the new manager bounce, then again it might not.

Last time we were in this position so many games to go was when Wilkin was sacked Darlington took over the reins & he took us up the table. At end of the season we were the 3rd best form team in the league, so for me it's carry on as we are. Fans who were at Woking Saturday despite the result said it was our best performance in ages, that will do for me.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ooh aah Paskin 19th March 2018 11.01:14

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2125337]I don't envy the board they are damned if they do & damned if they don't

A new manager may have given us the new manager bounce, then again it might not.

Last time we were in this position so many games to go was when Wilkin was sacked Darlington took over the reins & he took us up the table. At end of the season we were the 3rd best form team in the league, so for me it's carry on as we are. Fans who were at Woking Saturday despite the result said it was our best performance in ages, that will do for me.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

^^^^^ this.

ugarte007 19th March 2018 11.09:59

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2125335]If we get promoted with them in charge, we stick with them in League two surely?[/QUOTE]

Thats what Im thinking how could we not.

Corner Flag 19th March 2018 11.24:08

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2125305]More than happy with that, the less disruption the better.[/QUOTE]

Hope you are right but if it goes tits up then we are forced to bring a new manager in the summer we will be back to the start of yet another 3 yr plan.

RHYLRED 19th March 2018 11.29:47

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2125349]Hope you are right but if it goes tits up then we are forced to bring a new manager in the summer we will be back to the start of yet another 3 yr plan.[/QUOTE]

Can't see that happening, you only have to listen to Pearson to know that all the players want promotion and I feel keeping the 2 we have running the show, we'll have our best chance at achieving that.

moldroadred 19th March 2018 11.34:14

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2125305]More than happy with that, the less disruption the better.[/QUOTE]

Misleading headline, article says Board yet to speak to them

RHYLRED 19th March 2018 11.37:21

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2125355]Misleading headline, article says Board yet to speak to them[/QUOTE]

Thought it said "over the weekend"

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.21:19.