RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Defence When a Corner Kick is awarded (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111544-defence-when-corner-kick-awarded.html)

HugoMontenegro 19th March 2018 11.07:35

Defence When a Corner Kick is awarded

[B][SIZE="5"]Defence When a Corner Kick is awarded[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="3"][B]The Football Management team should be working on this at every opportunity for the 1st teams training.
How many goals have we conceeded this way, far too many[/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]COYR, WREXHAM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Ooh aah Paskin 19th March 2018 11.14:43

Re: Defence When a Corner Kick is awarded

I'm sure it is worked on on the training ground. I don't know whether tactics need to be drilled into them though or just improve their concentration. Maybe they aren't completely confident in Dunn so aren't concentrating on their own jobs.

It is annoying how many we have conceded from set pieces but if its a concentration or confidence thing there isn't much working on them in training will do.

El Jonez 19th March 2018 11.21:25

[QUOTE=HugoMontenegro;2125339][B][SIZE="5"]Defence When a Corner Kick is awarded[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="3"][B]The Football Management team should be working on this at every opportunity for the 1st teams training.
How many goals have we conceeded this way, far too many[/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]COYR, WREXHAM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Have a listen to Pearson's comments in this clip.

It's a well known weakness we have and without Manny on Sat, Woking exploited this more.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fs-G41ToEo[/url]

Jambon 19th March 2018 11.26:24

I’d have to look again to be sure, but it seemed that both headers went in just inside the post, and a man on the line couldn’t get there. Had they been on the post but drifted away?

Parry52 19th March 2018 11.30:32

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2125345]I'm sure it is worked on on the training ground. I don't know whether tactics need to be drilled into them though or just improve their concentration. Maybe they aren't completely confident in Dunn so aren't concentrating on their own jobs.

It is annoying how many we have conceded from set pieces but if its a concentration or confidence thing there isn't much working on them in training will do.[/QUOTE]

It was poor from Dunn, both times made the wrong decision but do the defence need to stress about Dunn? Mark your man and try to get your head on it. Dunn should be making clear “keepers” or “away” shouts, lots of keepers don’t even leave their line these days so a defenders job is clear get rid of it! If you can’t get your head on it stop the guy your marking doing so, block his run, dual with him, put him off balance.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th March 2018 11.38:35

[QUOTE=Parry52;2125354]It was poor from Dunn, both times made the wrong decision but do the defence need to stress about Dunn? Mark your man and try to get your head on it. Dunn should be making clear “keepers” or “away” shouts, lots of keepers don’t even leave their line these days so a defenders job is clear get rid of it! If you can’t get your head on it stop the guy your marking doing so, block his run, dual with him, put him off balance.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but if in the back of their mind they are thinking "Will Dunn come for it, will he mess it up?".... then they aren't concentrating fully. You will never be able to stop your marker 100% of the time.

pagl 19th March 2018 11.38:45

Its back to the old days when we conceded from set pieces.

Training must be slack in this area.

northwalian dragon 19th March 2018 11.46:23

Longing for the days of Mayebi coming and claiming every single cross put into the box

Royal welsh red 19th March 2018 11.51:07

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2125361]Longing for the days of Mayebi coming and claiming every single cross put into the box[/QUOTE]

Apart from Stockport away. 😉

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.32:59.