Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th March 2018, 15.59:27   #91-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dare we consider a late push for the league title..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury-red View Post
3rd is the realistic target
I think so and would be happy with that given that my bet this year was for Wrexham to finish in the top three
Old 26th March 2018, 17.08:26   #92-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
On the contrary.. im not a Happy Clapper.. im in the middle.. if we doing well (which we are . ill give the team my support and have faith in them)

if we are doing badly (which we aint) ill say so also.

the FACT is we DO have a chance of winning the title... thats not happy clapping .. thats not drivel . thats not thinking we are the dogs bollocks.. its cold hard FACTS that we can. and nothing wrong in having faith in the team? personally i dont think we actually will.... BUT.. we are capable of doing so.. and it is Possible.. just because i dont 100% discount that fact. doesnt mean we aint capable. but the crap you type just shows you write us off as having no chance to win it. when we can. (i personally think we will struggle to finish 3rd. but im not writing off being wrong.. and i hope i am wrong and we finish top 3... but posters like you sit praying we fail.. just so you can justify your negativity.

and yes.. im happy to "have" a club.. aint you ?

as for pre-season saying your prediction is we will win the league.. now thats proof your talking bollox we all know no way you would predict us to win the league. haha
If we win all 7 remaining games - possible but quite a challenge - we would still have a chance of coming top, as the teams above us will probably drop some points. If we do amass 88 points we’ll almost certainly be in the top 3. Lose a few, and the danger is we might slip out of the POs.

Your ‘fact’ about us doing well is true, but it’s only after 46 games that we’ll know for sure whether we have done enough to guarantee a spot in the POs. I would say we are 75% sure to make it, but that drops to below 30% to get in the top 3.

You nor anyone else can convince me we are playing good football, but we must all accept we’ll only gain success through our effort and organization. I personally find that frustrating but willing to put up with it provided we are successful.

Fundamentally, we are still in the hunt, and for that we must be grateful.
Old 26th March 2018, 20.04:01   #93-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Of our remaining games
Bromley (A) beat them at home
Boreham Wood (H) beat them away
Ebbsfleet (A) beat them at home
Leyton Orient (A) drew at home
Dagenham (H) beat them away
Eastleigh (A) beat them at home
AFC Fylde (H) lost to them away

All above beatable and would not be a shock to win all seven games. Keep fighting and hope others drop points. Not impossible and if we can take 6 points from next 2 games it will certainly make things very interesting.

Last edited by Dixie; 26th March 2018 at 20.04:59.. Reason: Error
Old 26th March 2018, 21.17:21   #94-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

I think Friday's game is the most difficult - two defeats in last two seasons when we expected more (esp on first day of 16/17 season under the Orange One). However, circumstances could be in our favour. Bromley will have had a busy week (it's not just the games, it's the travelling) and one point isn't really enough for them if they want to reach the play offs. Also this year's team is far stronger than last year's when we only lost by one goal in 7. My biggest worry is they are a big team who tend to bully their opponents. I would like to see Akil Wright in for Deverdics.

Not going to predict result. That would be tempting fate!
Old 27th March 2018, 11.42:36   #95-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
You do realise you are harming the club by telling fans not to go to the Racecourse What a great fan you are.
What percentage of games have you seen this season? I thought you gave up in November.
Old 27th March 2018, 11.55:29   #96-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
The target however unlikely should be to win our remaining games and see where that leaves us we need to shut up with this infantile happy clapper & frothers talk from both sides of the fence and get behind the team for the remainder of the season, we all want the same thing I assume?
Posted via mobile theme
I, for one, am heartily sick of people defining themselves and others as "happy clappers" or "frothers". We are not die hard members of political parties in this case. We are all die hard fans of wrexham FC and, as such, we should mostly like some stuff but dislike other stuff without having to fit into an online persona. On topic, of course we can win the title, we probably won't win it and, heaven forbid, we may not even stay in the top seven. The OP is right to dream. I still am
Old 27th March 2018, 12.02:58   #97-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Of our remaining games
Bromley (A) beat them at home
Boreham Wood (H) beat them away
Ebbsfleet (A) beat them at home
Leyton Orient (A) drew at home
Dagenham (H) beat them away
Eastleigh (A) beat them at home
AFC Fylde (H) lost to them away

All above beatable and would not be a shock to win all seven games. Keep fighting and hope others drop points. Not impossible and if we can take 6 points from next 2 games it will certainly make things very interesting.
By the same token only Dagenham have nothing to play for. With their games in hand Bromley will be looking to push for a play off spot, on the plus side they're not in great form.
Both Fylde and Ebbsfleet will be looking to apply pressure on those above for the a crack at the play offs.
Boreham Wood, must have their sights set on the 3rd spot and will see our game as their opportunity to turn their form and leapfrog us.
Whilst by the time we play Eastleigh they could be in serious trouble of relegation and in a scrap to stay up.

All this conjecture makes no difference we just have to back the team and hope that results go our way if we are to go up as champs. Being realistic it would appear that 3rd is the most positive outcome of winning all our games.
Never say Never, but automatic promotion will require a good slice of luck.
Old 27th March 2018, 12.13:30   #98-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
I, for one, am heartily sick of people defining themselves and others as "happy clappers" or "frothers". We are not die hard members of political parties in this case. We are all die hard fans of wrexham FC and, as such, we should mostly like some stuff but dislike other stuff without having to fit into an online persona. On topic, of course we can win the title, we probably won't win it and, heaven forbid, we may not even stay in the top seven. The OP is right to dream. I still am

Totally agree with you of course we can still win the league although it would need a 7 game winning run probably, but fans have to believe however unlikely it is, as the old saying goes it's not over until the fat lady sings, fans on both sides need to stop bitching because someone has a different opinion than them & stop getting personal the mods let to much go in that respect.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 27th March 2018, 12.19:58   #99-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
this post should be saved as a sticky thread up top of the forum, the amount of labelling and tribalism between fans on here of the same team is ridiculous
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.07:32.