Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th March 2018, 14.14:31   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Maidstone

Dunn - 6
Jennings - 5
Pearson - 9
Smith - 8
Roberts - 6
Wedgebury - 5
Kelly - 6
Rutherford - 6
Deverdics - 5
Quigley - 7
Holroyd - 6
Old 25th March 2018, 15.50:35   #29-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Dunn 7 - Not really tested
Roberts 7 - Steady
Smith 6 - Quite game on his return
Pearson 9 - Best player as always
Jennings 5 - Offers no threat going forward
Kelly 5 - poor display, same as usual
Rutherford 5 - Poor finish when through on goal
Wedgebury 7 - never stopped running and competing
Deverdics 3 - How did we get lumbered with him?
Quigley 5 - Off the pace compared to previous matches
Holroyd 6 - Kept himself busy without been great
Old 26th March 2018, 09.18:45   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
Dunn -6 flapped at one but otherwise ok

Roberts -7 thought he was decent and joined up with the attacks when ever he could
Manny - 8 thought he was outstanding, never missed a header.
Pearson - 9 MOTM, scored, kicked, blocked and headed everything that came near him. Had a bit of set to with Wedgbury who looked absolutely furious but if everyone had SP's desire to win we'd have walked the league by now!
Jennings -7 don't get the criticism aimed at him as he ran his heart out. His distribution could be better but I thought he was decent.

Rutherford -6 had a great chance in the first half.Does the ball carrying well but his distribution is poor on times.
Wedgbury - 5 by his own high standards, he had a poor game today
Kelly - 7 tried to keep the ball going forward, especially in the first half. He seemed to enjoy the space he was given
Deverdics - 5 didn't seem to happen for him today. However the ball through to Holroyd in the 2nd half with the outside of his left foot was delicious. Was well p**d off at being taken off

Quigley - 6 seemed to be off the pace and never looked likely to score (apart from hitting the bar) when he should have scored.
Holroyd - 6 seemed ineffective alongside Quigley and maybe the switch back from the left hand position to up front will take a bit of time.

Franks - 5 runs around a lot but doesn't offer anything more than Deverdics
Ainge - 6 offers himself but not really able to offer a significant contribution.

Davies, Darlington & Wright - made a change on the hour which was nice to see!

3 points, a clean sheet and on to Bromley
Agree with almost all of that - Jennings at a 5 for me offered little bar the odd dramatics when tickled by the opposition (to boot did anyone lese notice Wedgbury's poor efforts at simulation?? - embarassing).

Happy are those who dare courageously to defend what they love
Old 26th March 2018, 12.04:47   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
Dunn -6 flapped at one but otherwise ok

Roberts -7 thought he was decent and joined up with the attacks when ever he could
Manny - 8 thought he was outstanding, never missed a header.
Pearson - 9 MOTM, scored, kicked, blocked and headed everything that came near him. Had a bit of set to with Wedgbury who looked absolutely furious but if everyone had SP's desire to win we'd have walked the league by now!
Jennings -7 don't get the criticism aimed at him as he ran his heart out. His distribution could be better but I thought he was decent.

Rutherford -6 had a great chance in the first half.Does the ball carrying well but his distribution is poor on times.
Wedgbury - 5 by his own high standards, he had a poor game today
Kelly - 7 tried to keep the ball going forward, especially in the first half. He seemed to enjoy the space he was given
Deverdics - 5 didn't seem to happen for him today. However the ball through to Holroyd in the 2nd half with the outside of his left foot was delicious. Was well p**d off at being taken off

Quigley - 6 seemed to be off the pace and never looked likely to score (apart from hitting the bar) when he should have scored.
Holroyd - 6 seemed ineffective alongside Quigley and maybe the switch back from the left hand position to up front will take a bit of time.

Franks - 5 runs around a lot but doesn't offer anything more than Deverdics
Ainge - 6 offers himself but not really able to offer a significant contribution.

Davies, Darlington & Wright - made a change on the hour which was nice to see!

3 points, a clean sheet and on to Bromley
A balanced ratings as some go from 3-9 , which is ridiculas.
The first 25 minutes were very good with Kelly excellent and then Maidstone get back into the game.
We had more chances in this period than in about 6 games earlier in the season , so in short we were entertained.
The reason Wedgebury wasn't in the game so much was because he had little play to break up.
I still contend we have changed our tactics post DK in as much as we try to play the ball through midfield now .although we tend to revert to the big boot when we lose our shape.
Old 26th March 2018, 13.31:47   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
At this stage of the season anyone less than a 7 should be dropped

Anyone giving..5 I can't take seriously it means they are indecisive for eg: it's either a 5 or a 6, a 6 or a 7 I'm no big fan of Kelly but to give him 4.5 for Saturday is ridiculous he was only pipped by Pearson for Mom the whole side were bar a few not good Saturday but we won and teams that play bad and win have a chance of succeeding in whatever competition it is.

If we go by your scenario of anyone less than a 7 should be dropped then the side would have no consistency, we are non league not Man City capable of fielding 3 teams, some fans need to get real.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 26th March 2018 at 13.34:48..
Old 26th March 2018, 14.05:32   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Anyone giving..5 I can't take seriously it means they are indecisive for eg: it's either a 5 or a 6, a 6 or a 7 I'm no big fan of Kelly but to give him 4.5 for Saturday is ridiculous he was only pipped by Pearson for Mom the whole side were bar a few not good Saturday but we won and teams that play bad and win have a chance of succeeding in whatever competition it is.

If we go by your scenario of anyone less than a 7 should be dropped then the side would have no consistency, we are non league not Man City capable of fielding 3 teams, some fans need to get real.
Posted via mobile theme
Precisely my point regarding the less than 7 concept. Regarding Kelly I also agree - for me he was actually MOM and 8 but its always hard to deny Pearson for everything he brings so I can understand some preferring him.
Not sure about your assumption on 5. I have given 5 before and for me at least it means not a disaster but not impressive either.
Overall I am not sure we were Bad on Saturday but we were also not impressive so sorry to say probably a 5 for the team
Old 26th March 2018, 15.37:40   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Precisely my point regarding the less than 7 concept. Regarding Kelly I also agree - for me he was actually MOM and 8 but its always hard to deny Pearson for everything he brings so I can understand some preferring him.
Not sure about your assumption on 5. I have given 5 before and for me at least it means not a disaster but not impressive either.
Overall I am not sure we were Bad on Saturday but we were also not impressive so sorry to say probably a 5 for the team
I wasn't saying nobody should get a 5 it's this 4.5 5.5 6.5 7.5 etc don't make sense.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 26th March 2018, 15.59:53   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post

Posted via mobile theme
JND - it was to generate debate

Marks out of 10 are a weird one as some people think a player starts on a 6 and then moves up and down - quite ridiculous.

A player has to start on 0 as he has done nothing at the start of a game. Starting on a 6 means they get that for putting their kit on the right way round and finding the pitch - ridiculous.

Last edited by pagl; 26th March 2018 at 16.02:15..
Old 26th March 2018, 16.26:20   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
JND - it was to generate debate

Marks out of 10 are a weird one as some people think a player starts on a 6 and then moves up and down - quite ridiculous.

A player has to start on 0 as he has done nothing at the start of a game. Starting on a 6 means they get that for putting their kit on the right way round and finding the pitch - ridiculous.
I actually would say they start at 5 as they have done nothing good or bad but that's because I am a HC perhaps
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.08:35.