RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Chris Holroyd's best position (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111591-chris-holroyds-best-position.html)

blackbrookred 27th March 2018 16.44:51

Chris Holroyd's best position

Various posts recently about Holroyd not being at his best, whilst others have commented on him being our top scorer etc despite being played out of position earlier in the season. I personally don't think playing in a front 2 is best for him. I would argue that earlier in the season when be had 2 strikers ahead of him and he played deeper was when we saw the best of him. Since he has been pushed up front as part of a 2 the goals and performances have dried up.

Interested to see people's thoughts on this.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 27th March 2018 16.46:08

Re: Chris Holroyd's best position

Not a true winger but I would put him wide right in midfield.

Redordead 27th March 2018 16.49:20

Goals have seemed to have dried up since Quigley has come to the club. I’d have Boden back upfront with Holroyd on the left.

Vorporix 27th March 2018 16.55:12

Whatever position he has been played in he has given his all and has been one of our best players this season ........ in my humble opinion.

Deeper and to the right for me.

Alan Attack 27th March 2018 17.10:21

Second striker

WREX01 27th March 2018 17.14:44

Wright Wedgbury

Kelly or Deverdics

Holroyd Rutherford

Quigley

Hampshire Red 27th March 2018 18.47:29

Thought Quigley and Boden dovetailed well at Sutton and Holroyd was quite lively. The partnership between Quigley and Holroyd at Woking wasn't as threatening. Would like to see Wright in to replace Deverdics.

Red Light 27th March 2018 18.50:58

Quigley has taken over as the main frontman - prior to his arrival we had a very limited threat which was restricted to Holroyd.
Don't think CH is so advanced and 'the main man' anymore hence the goals drying up but his workrate and running is excellent - decent header of the ball too.
Where to play him ? just behind Quigley.
Strangely when Boden was partnering Quigley we were looking really dangerous with CH even deeper - Boden seemed to come into some good form but then the composition changed again - Deverdics arrival on the scene has also had an influence.

John Neals Dynasty 27th March 2018 18.51:08

In answer to the question his best position would be on the bench for awhile till he gets his form back, he tends to fall over easily with a little contact.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.17:36.