Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th March 2018, 16.27:59   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Looking good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Yep looking good, 21 points surrendered from a winning position this season but looking good....
We could have sewn this league up weeks ago if our game management had been better. In our 16 game unbeaten run we've squandered leads in 7, surely this is down to the manager who sets us up to sit back when we take the lead rather than kill off the game. It's a tactic that has shown time and again to not work and it has ultimately cost us the chance of winning the league.
Old 30th March 2018, 16.29:37   #29-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Go on then, how have I done that? I'm looking at where we are after 40 games, not after one disappointing result at Bromley.
Unfortunately, it’s where we’ll be after 46 games that initially matters. We cannot step up a gear to win matches, and draws ain’t good enough.

We should make the POs but there’s no guarantee. It’s so bloody frustrating that we cannot take advantage of any opportunities that come our way. Looking good? Not from where I sit. More like wading through treacle. Thankfully, we aren’t drowning in stuff so we still have a chance of going up, albeit not a particularly strong one. Monday’s game will not be for those of a nervous disposition; just hope we don’t bottle it!

PS Am I happy? No I am not bloody happy because we are throwing a great opportunity away, match by match.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 30th March 2018 at 16.32:52..
Old 30th March 2018, 16.33:10   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I agree. That represents incredible progress in a year.
Not if we dont go up it doesn't; its all a bit irrelevant. As Morrell used to say- we'll dust ourselves down and go again next season. The problem is that at the beginning of next season, we will just be another one of 24 teams in the national league again
Old 30th March 2018, 16.33:15   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Nail on head. Some people are only happy when they've got something to be negative about. Strange existence indeed.
What could also be described as strange is you creating a thread merely to bait them. Well they've now bitten, so you must be happy enough. Job done.
Old 30th March 2018, 16.33:20   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Unfortunately, it’s where we’ll be after 46 games that initially matters. We cannot step up a gear to win matches, and draws ain’t good enough.

We should make the POs but there’s no guarantee. It’s so bloody frustrating that we cannot take advantage of any opportunities that come our way. Looking good? No from where I sit. More like wading through treacle. Thankfully, we aren’t drowning in stuff so we still have a chance of going up, albeit not a particularly strong one. Monday’s game will not be for those of a nervous disposition; just hope we don’t bottle it!
Nothing's guaranteed PD, we've both been on this earth for long enough to know that. I agree with your point that we don't seem to have another gear, but it may not be necessary. Draws might be good enough. Have we missed a pen this season?
Old 30th March 2018, 16.34:11   #33-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
We could have sewn this league up weeks ago if our game management had been better. In our 16 game unbeaten run we've squandered leads in 7, surely this is down to the manager who sets us up to sit back when we take the lead rather than kill off the game. It's a tactic that has shown time and again to not work and it has ultimately cost us the chance of winning the league.
So if we all can see this what the hell are our coaching staff doing.?
Today's result was a failure and we do not deserve to be anywhere near the
playoffs, but we are and let's hope a miracle happens and we can actually win
the rest of our games and get promoted!!!!
Old 30th March 2018, 16.36:28   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE19 Exile View Post
What could also be described as sad is you creating a thread merely to bait them. Well they've now bitten, so you must be happy enough. Job done.
Yep, my work here is done. I knew the usual suspects would bite. Are you serious?

Sorry, let's all be negative shall we? I did indeed predict, quite rightly it would seem, that many fans would over-react to today's result. Thought I would inject an argument for the sake of balance. I'll ask your permission next time, shall I? Like hell I will.
Old 30th March 2018, 16.37:20   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
What could also be described as strange is you creating a thread merely to bait them. Well they've now bitten, so you must be happy enough. Job done.
so you just thought ill give it a big stir, job done!!
Old 30th March 2018, 16.38:18   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
And which part of my argument do you disagree with? Are we not in the top 3? Do we not have the best defence in the league? Have we not lost at home since the first game of the season? Sorry pal, but I think that looks pretty good in black and white.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.45:42.