Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st March 2018, 08.32:13   #28-0 (permalink)
Aj1
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Personnel or mentality?

Got to look at the management in my view. To many examples of poor selection. For example how does Jenno get selected ahead of Raven? Our midfield Wedge is the safe bet, not unlike Rudders lots of running but no creativity, but plays every game. Rudderford, busy but contributes no positivity. Wright was good enough to sign ,but since then hasn't kicked a ball, Mackreth not even making the bench now, you can't tell me Deverdicks and Franks are better, the keepers been a problem all year, but plays every week, these guys aren't tactisions , it's the same ols same old every week, above all let's not loose, which will be interesting when we / if we get to the play offs, don't think you can draw your way through them !
Old 31st March 2018, 09.00:40   #29-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJB View Post
It depends what they're being told what to do. I have visions of multiple clip boards,projector screens and videos constantly being shown. Players drilled and told where they should be when we don't have the ball...... too busy worrying about where they should be once our attacks break down than trying to break a neck and getting into the box. Its a lot easier to coach a team to not concede than it is to break teams down.
I imagine your right. I also imagine they are constantly reminded of the stat Darlington goes on about that something like 75% of teams who score first go on to win the game. One nil, job done sadly seems to be our mantra.

This club on the pitch can't get any lower so I just don't get the fear that we have played with over the years since that 98 point team (sorry pagl and yes I know budgets play a part). Apart from a purple patch under Mills the fair on offer has been shambolic from an attacking point of view and that's important because the last time I checked goals win your games.

I can't for the life of me see us going up so I just hope the first thing the new man next does next season, whether he be old or new school is throw away the shackles that have blighted our play in this league for far too long now.
Old 31st March 2018, 09.36:27   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

I don't think this run is necessary down to personnel, it is more phsycological. Despite not playing flowing football, our game has improved as we have gone through the season and there has been less and less games where we have been second best. We have had an extraordinary run of draws, which is costly in points, but isn't a massive worry as not losing games should only boost confidence. The big big worry is doggedness shown all season hasn't ensured we finish games strongly, we now surrender leads and don't score late goals.

People will argue we need better players but the stats show we have players doing the business, defensively no argument, Rutherford more assists than any Macc player ( a guess) and Holroyd more goals than any Macc player. We now have strength in depth and options in every position and with the forwards, we have, it's just baffling why we havent finished teams off when we have been on top.

Fans never agree with management on team selection, other than if a team has gone on a long winning run. Results like yesterday do happen and there isn't any more motivation than a perceived injustice of going down to 10 men, but the major worry is the outcome was a repeat of so many recent games. Successful teams are those who have the mind set to turn games around or nick late goals.

We have a novice management set up, dropped into very critical circumstances. Although they inherited players who in the main have worked hard for the cause and sitting 3rd with 6 to play, is better than we expected so all we can do is get behind the lads for these 6 cup finals. As the 12th man help the team overcome this phsycological barrier, secure a top 3 spot or in the very least a play off spot, as history will show the play offs, form counts for nothing and are anyone's who turn up on the day.

Last edited by davewilli; 31st March 2018 at 09.39:20..
Old 31st March 2018, 14.48:49   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
We have had an extraordinary run of draws, which is costly in points, but isn't a massive worry as not losing games should only boost confidence.
17 draws is no coincidence and it can be divided into 2 parts.

Personnel, the starting 11 has too many players that struggle to score goals as shown by how many Wedgbury, Rutherford, Kelly, Deverdics, Wright etc. have between them. Its a total imbalance.

Mentality, its obvious that tactics have been built around not losing rather than winning. Emphasised by how many goals we have scored and conceded in the last 10 minutes of a game. Don't know the stats but it cannot be good.

We also have the mentality of the management team when it comes to team selection and also use of substitutes.
Certain players have been bystanders for a few games now yet still retain their place in the starting 11 - quite bizarre.
Ainge brought in as a player that offers some thing different but not given the opportunity/time to provide that difference.
Raven sat on the sidelines for far too long despite his ability to fit into a number of positions, likewise Akil Wright given a 2 and half year deal and he continues to warm the bench which really is a waste of money.

DK took us forward with changes to the dressing room, minimum standards etc. but when is the coaching excellence of Darlington going to start showing. Pearson has been more of an influence than anyone recently.

Last edited by pagl; 31st March 2018 at 14.50:25..
Old 31st March 2018, 19.21:05   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Can't argue with the above.
Old 31st March 2018, 19.28:11   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post

Personnel, the starting 11 has too many players that struggle to score goals as shown by how many Wedgbury, Rutherford, Kelly, Deverdics, Wright etc. have between them. Its a total imbalance.

Mentality, its obvious that tactics have been built around not losing rather than winning. Emphasised by how many goals we have scored and conceded in the last 10 minutes of a game. Don't know the stats but it cannot be good.

We also have the mentality of the management team when it comes to team selection and also use of substitutes.
Certain players have been bystanders for a few games now yet still retain their place in the starting 11 - quite bizarre.
Ainge brought in as a player that offers some thing different but not given the

opportunity/time to provide that difference.
Raven sat on the sidelines for far too long despite his ability to fit into a number of positions, likewise Akil Wright given a 2 and half year deal and he continues to warm the bench which really is a waste of money.

DK took us forward with changes to the dressing room, minimum standards etc. but when is the coaching excellence of Darlington going to start showing. Pearson has been more of an influence than anyone recently.

Many fans are happy with mid table after four years of struggling,we are a top six budget and we should be in the top six,Keates did nothing special and bored me to tears with his football,i am sure Tranmere would not be happy with mid table football but as we have seen they are more ambitious than Wrexham fc.
Old 31st March 2018, 19.31:31   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post

Ainge brought in as a player that offers some thing different but not given the opportunity/time to provide that difference.

Pearson has been the biggest influence all season . Without him we would be in the bottom half of the table. If I was him, by this point I would be tired of carrying the whole club.
Old 31st March 2018, 19.40:27   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Pearson has been the biggest influence all season . Without him we would be in the bottom half of the table. If I was him, by this point I would be tired of carrying the whole club.

Very true foxy,did we sell him the club by telling him we were bringing in quality players?
Old 31st March 2018, 19.50:59   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Very true foxy,did we sell him the club by telling him we were bringing in quality players?
He won’t be here much longer. A club will come in for him and he will go. I half expected him to go in January because that’s what we usually do. Instead this year we excedeed ourselves by letting the manager go.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.40:52.