RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Are we missing Massanka ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111611-we-missing-massanka.html)

Foxy 31st March 2018 15.29:46

Are we missing Massanka ?

A bit left field but I thought I would throw this one in. Off the bench he was an Impact Player. He had pace and would make runs to open defences up. Ok he couldn’t finish , but he created chances and made us more offensive. I am aware of his limitations but since he has left we have missed this type of substitution.

OneLoveWrexham 31st March 2018 15.32:08

Re: Are we missing Massanka ?

:tumbleweed2::tumbleweed2:

Prodigal Dragon 31st March 2018 15.35:00

We are missing players with movement, pace and ability. Mass Anna was very raw, and not sure he was the answer. Something that needs addressing for next season, though.

billybersham 31st March 2018 15.48:48

[QUOTE=Foxy;2128738]A bit left field but I thought I would throw this one in. Off the bench he was an Impact Player. He had pace and would make runs to open defences up. Ok he couldn’t finish , but he created chances and made us more offensive. I am aware of his limitations but since he has left we have missed this type of substitution.[/QUOTE]

Think this is another wind up post,the striker had nothing going for him,it is a shame that he played 26 times for us this season,but he does sign a good autograph!

Corner Flag 31st March 2018 16.03:45

[QUOTE=Foxy;2128738]A bit left field but I thought I would throw this one in. Off the bench he was an Impact Player. He had pace and would make runs to open defences up. Ok he couldn’t finish , but he created chances and made us more offensive. I am aware of his limitations but since he has left we have missed this type of substitution.[/QUOTE]

Wrong day it's 1st April tomorrow .

Foxy 31st March 2018 16.06:33

[QUOTE=billybersham;2128750]Think this is another wind up post,the striker had nothing going for him,it is a shame that he played 26 times for us this season,but he does sign a good autograph![/QUOTE]

Really it’s not. He gave us something different. Pace frightens defenders and opens the game up.

John Neals Dynasty 31st March 2018 16.08:51

Apparently he's a nice lad but football wise clueless. He could be on his way to Walsall I bet their fans were excited today.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

John Neals Dynasty 31st March 2018 16.10:55

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2128756]Wrong day it's 1st April tomorrow .[/QUOTE]
^^^
😂

TaidTom 31st March 2018 16.13:34

[QUOTE=Foxy;2128757]Really it’s not. [B]He gave us something different. [/B]Pace frightens defenders and opens the game up.[/QUOTE]

He certainly did.

Pace, but not much else. Go a couple of miles down the road and get one of the Wrexham AC sprinters signed up, if all we need is someone to run fast along the line.

Massanka is one of those players that you want to do well. He seems a really nice lad. Alas, he isn't good enough for a professional career in football.

dixienormous 31st March 2018 16.16:51

lol, no.

One thing though, why the hell isnt Ainge playing? Oh I forgot, he has a goalscoring record, we don't seem to like those types.

LlayDragon 31st March 2018 16.20:52

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2128764]lol, no.

One thing though, why the hell isnt Ainge playing? Oh I forgot, he has a goalscoring record, we don't seem to like those types.[/QUOTE]

He doesn'the look very fit.

However with no reserves there's only one way to improve this.

moynkeepthefaith 31st March 2018 16.23:07

One thing though, why the hell isnt Ainge playing? Oh I forgot, he has a goalscoring record, we don't seem to like those types.[/QUOTE]

To my understanding not fully fit

John Neals Dynasty 31st March 2018 16.26:02

Have you seen him play Dixie? He looks what he is a one paced centre half.

t1954 31st March 2018 16.28:56

Yes....

We need a striker with pace, a quality player, a player who can hold the ball up, bring other players into the game, with an eye for goal.

NO, not Massanka.

TWREX 31st March 2018 16.41:13

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2128765]He doesn'the look very fit.

However with no reserves there's only one way to improve this.[/QUOTE]

Neither did Matt Rhead ??? ( goals).

t1954 31st March 2018 16.42:43

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2128769]Have you seen him play Dixie? He looks what he is a one paced centre half.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You can make a judgement on a player who in 5 sub appearances has been on the pitch 3, 4, 4, 8, 13 minutes. You a little longer I would have thought. You can't even tell if he is facing the right way.

Big A 31st March 2018 16.49:45

Massanka offered more than Ainge.... I honestly think I still have a chance of making the eleven, if Ainge is good enough to start.

Foxy 31st March 2018 16.58:22

[QUOTE=Big A;2128779]Massanka offered more than Ainge.... I honestly think I still have a chance of making the eleven, if Ainge is good enough to start.[/QUOTE]

Also offered more than Boden when they were both here. Worked well with Reid when they were paired and Reid seemed to be better as a result.

Big A 31st March 2018 17.01:08

[QUOTE=Foxy;2128782]Also offered more than Boden when they were both here. Worked well with Reid when they were paired and Reid seemed to be better as a result.[/QUOTE]

They looked quite lively when they played together. Our hoofball and 8 man defence makes it difficult for any of our strikers.

dixienormous 31st March 2018 17.05:10

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2128769]Have you seen him play Dixie? He looks what he is a one paced centre half.

He gets his head on most balls, he's a bloody big unit and the amount of goals he's scored in the league below is beyind belief. We need to win games, play him.

TWREX 31st March 2018 17.20:27

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2128785]He gets his head on most balls, he's a bloody big unit and the amount of goals he's scored in the league below is beyind belief. We need to win games, play him.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this every ball that's come within his range he's got on the end of it and glanced it on.But I've said it before 5mins run out ain't enough.

blackbrookred 31st March 2018 17.37:38

Nurse!!!!

Dstanley 31st March 2018 17.47:04

Teams in the NL are 'much of a muchness' and teams that want it most usually succeed. After trying to 'play football' the caretaker manager of Hartlepool United has finally got the players 'putting in a shift' resulting in three straight wins.
Borehamwood are a part-time outfit and the Reds should be capable of running them ragged. Most goals in the NL are a result of mistakes not great moves so pressurising defenders is the answer. I would love to see Wrexham back in the EFL so get the players to up their workrate and the wins will follow.

Birdy 31st March 2018 17.54:06

No.

Big A 31st March 2018 17.55:44

[QUOTE=TWREX;2128789]Agree with this every ball that's come within his range he's got on the end of it and glanced it on.But I've said it before 5mins run out ain't enough.[/QUOTE]

I must have been sleeping at this point in the game. I reckon you can count on one hand the times he has touched the ball. What on earth was Keates thinking??? He looks like a slow centre back who struggles to get off the ground, chucked upfront for he last 5mins in search of an equaliser.

jonesfach 31st March 2018 18.20:20

Masanka. No thanks

Going onto Ainge - Akinfenwa seems to do ok so why not? Need to see more of him to make a judgement.

1984 31st March 2018 18.33:56

Are you pissed out your face

Foxy 31st March 2018 19.06:21

[QUOTE=1984;2128803]Are you pissed out your face[/QUOTE]

Obviously a Brexit voter.

moynkeepthefaith 31st March 2018 19.15:20

Let’s imagine palace had decided to send benteke to us in January. Queue Dixie professing his undying love for DK and birdie finally silenced while foxy throws his full support behind The WST model. Yet having watched him today he makes Quigley look a world beater - point is who would be a manager ? Massanka apparently rated by a premier league club and a man whose judgement we trust.

Foxy 31st March 2018 19.19:36

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2128808]Let’s imagine palace had decided to send benteke to us in January. Queue Dixie professing his undying love for DK and birdie finally silenced while foxy throws his full support behind The WST model. Yet having watched him today he makes Quigley look a world beater - point is who would be a manager ? Massanka apparently rated by a premier league club and a man whose judgement we trust.[/QUOTE]

Good post though I think hell will freeze over before I can fully support the WST model 😉

billybersham 31st March 2018 19.22:55

[QUOTE=Foxy;2128757]Really it’s not. He gave us something different. Pace frightens defenders and opens the game up.[/QUOTE]

I read foxy and Big Als post and realise they are happy with mid table non league football,Massanka will struggle to play national north in two years time,one pathetic footballer.We do deserve better!!!!!!

Big A 31st March 2018 20.03:30

[QUOTE=billybersham;2128812]I read foxy and Big Als post and realise they are happy with mid table non league football,Massanka will struggle to play national north in two years time,one pathetic footballer.We do deserve better!!!!!![/QUOTE]

We have just signed a striker that can’t get in a team in the league below, so clearly massanka would fit in perfect here....

billybersham 31st March 2018 20.04:50

[QUOTE=Big A;2128828]We have just signed a striker that can’t get in a team in the league below, so clearly massanka would fit in perfect here....[/QUOTE]

So why did we sign a player who does not look fit in the odd 5 minutes that he gets a chance?:hurray::hurray:

WREX777 31st March 2018 22.11:22

Evidently not the goal scorer we need but do sort of agree with the OP - he stretched defences coming on with 15 mins to go. this massively helped us get up the pitch instead of continuing to invite pressure.

Lods 31st March 2018 22.14:02

The only time we miss Massanka was playing against Bromley. He liked scoring past them.

In other games he had a touch like a blacksmith's hammer and the turning circle of an Arriva bus.

John Neals Dynasty 1st April 2018 10.49:32

[QUOTE=Big A;2128800]I must have been sleeping at this point in the game. I reckon you can count on one hand the times he has touched the ball. What on earth was Keates thinking??? He looks like a slow centre back who struggles to get off the ground, chucked upfront for he last 5mins in search of an equaliser.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point earlier in the thread he looks a lumbering centre half, all this don't judge him because of 5 minute cameos, he's puffing like an old steam engine after 5, 6 games to go we haven't time to try to get him fit with no reserve side, another one of Keates poor January signings.

t1954 1st April 2018 10.54:34

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2128942]That's exactly my point earlier in the thread he looks a lumbering centre half, all this don't judge him because of 5 minute cameos, he's puffing like an old steam engine after 5, 6 games to go we haven't time to try to get him fit with no reserve side, another one of Keates poor January signings.

You may be right but, with just 32 minutes on the pitch in 5 games, you need a little more time to judge a player. Having said that, do you remember that right back Saunders played a few seasons back, took him off half time, never to be seen again, can't remember his name thank God.

StattoWrexham 1st April 2018 10.56:20

[QUOTE=t1954;2128944]You may be right but, with just 32 minutes on the pitch in 5 games, you need a little more time to judge a player. Having said that, do you remember that right back Saunders played a few seasons back, took him off half time, never to be seen again, can't remember his name thank God.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't Christian Gyan was it :44:
He got a mention last week, was playing for Feyenoord before we signed him.

t1954 1st April 2018 10.59:04

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2128945]It wasn't Christian Gyan was it :44:
He got a mention last week, was playing for Feyenoord before we signed him.[/QUOTE]

yes, he's the one. Don't think Saunders had seen him play before that game.

blackbrookred 1st April 2018 10.59:05

[QUOTE=t1954;2128944]You may be right but, with just 32 minutes on the pitch in 5 games, you need a little more time to judge a player. Having said that, do you remember that right back Saunders played a few seasons back, took him off half time, never to be seen again, can't remember his name thank God.[/QUOT
Gyan?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.56:37.