RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Roberts sending off (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111630-roberts-sending-off.html)

Chunk 2nd April 2018 18.35:57

Re: Roberts sending off

[QUOTE=rhosred;2129809]Was right by it and I didn’t see what Roberts did to get sent off I don’t actually think anyone appealed for it either
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Roberts definitely tried to grab him resulting in all their touchline going nuts (rubbish pun). Ref didn't see it but the 4th official must have. Very stupid sending off

Corner Flag 2nd April 2018 18.41:16

[QUOTE=WR1;2129825]Roberts definitely pulled at/grabbed their players testicles. Right in front of the fourth official.

Our discipline and overall control of ourselves was abysmal today. When are Jennings and Pearson going to learn to stop mouthing at the officials. Yes the officials were poor but you will get nothing if you keep on at them - as proved today.[/QUOTE]

This ref is a joke and booked 8 when we played Guisely. He is a look at me prick trying his best to make a name for himself well he did today ...pillock !

BennoKarlShintz 2nd April 2018 18.58:48

Right in front of us. If Roberts had to go then so should have Andrade - one rule for us, another for them, as it seemed to be for the full 90 mins!

Ok we can criticise the players for ill-discipline, but it must be so frustrating when there is an OBVIOUS bias towards the other side.

Redpensioner 2nd April 2018 19.41:30

Did we have any effort on target in 90 odd mins. A team chasing promotion and at home with no effort on goal that says it all. Unless we have a massive rethink in the way we are playing this is going to go pearshape big time and if we have the same personel in charge next season I for one will not be part of it. I can't go through this pointless way of playing again.

Vine 2nd April 2018 19.55:55

It was embarrassing today. 3 players booked for dissent, including our captain (yet again!), and one player grabbing the privates of another player in a temper. Embarrassing. I wish they would get some bottle and not be so mentally weak when the pressure is on. Shambles. Boreham Wood couldn't believe their luck when half our team were biting at everything.

techender 2nd April 2018 20.40:30

I get, and agree, with a lot of the comments about us being our own worse enemy today. However, I still can't understand why the Borehamwood player was not disciplined at all for his involvement in the incident with Roberts.

He purposely hit the ball at Roberts while he was on the ground.
He continued to get involved with Roberts after being told by the ref to let it go.
He did kick out at Roberts

He should of been booked or more likely sent off alongside Roberts.
Yet he recieved no punishment whatsoever.

Lets Av A Riot 2nd April 2018 21.01:56

we didnt deserve to win (neither did they) , but the ref was an absolute joke today.. he barely gave us anything.. and booked our players for instances when borham wood players didnt even get spoken ttoo (Jennings yellow for kicking ball after whistle gone) , not long after boreham wood player done pretty much exact thing and wasnt even spoken to.. let alone given a card.

weather didnt help. but agree with most that discipline was awefull.

jonesfach 2nd April 2018 21.27:55

Yes By all accounts Roberts might well have been out of order....but

IF THE REF HAD DEALT WITH THEIR PLAYER DELIBERATELY KICKING AND HITTING THE BALL AT ROBERTS THEN WE WOULD NOT BE DISCUSSING THIS.

COMPLETELY INEPT REFEREEE.:31:

God I am so angry.:eek:

WORST REF I CAN REMEMBER. WAY OUT OF HIS DEPTH.:31:

Willywill 2nd April 2018 22.24:25

Roberts may well have been wronged by the Boreham Wood player, but he should have acted like a pro and not got so wound up. The ref was dire, granted, but what options did he have when Roberts grabbed the guys genitals. Right in front of the dug out and fourth official. That’s behaviour I never even witnessed in school!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.59:15.