Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd April 2018, 21.46:55   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Definition of Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
Don’t they have an artificial playing surface, if so are planning to replace and therefore be eligible to qualify for the playoffs?
Alledgedly they can use it in the play offs just like Sutton. Personally think it's a massive advantage in a one off play off game which shouldn't be allowed. But what do real clubs benefit from this league?? Not a lot.....

A team with 20 away fans at a very important game. Absolute joke! Good luck with 60% of turnover next year if they go up. Farce this league is becoming....
Old 2nd April 2018, 21.48:29   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
It's a Desso pitch which is allowed in the league
You are kidding?
Old 2nd April 2018, 21.49:52   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
You are kidding?
No Sutton have a 3g pitch which is completely artificial. Boreham Wood have a Desso pitch which is real grass but with artificial fibers sewn into it. Most premier league clubs and a handful of lower league teams use it

Last edited by tokyored; 2nd April 2018 at 21.51:25..
Old 2nd April 2018, 21.52:54   #13-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
No Sutton have a 3g pitch which is completely artificial. Boreham Wood have a Desso pitch which is real grass but with artificial fibers sewn into it. Most premier league clubs and a handful of lower league teams use it
Ok. But I wonder how they might get on with the EFL 60% rule?
Old 3rd April 2018, 11.58:01   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinseyred View Post
When a team is desperate to play despite fighting to make their pitch playable and against a better footballing team and an attention seeking referee, sees the game completed only to find the heavens opening on final whistle that could have resulted in an abandonment.
I know this sounds desperate but at the moment I cant see us managing the top seven. Discipline is non existent as is composure which Boreham Wood had in abundance.
the game should have been abandoned the linesman on the MRS had to run inside the pitch as it was that waterlogged .

how the game continued to the end is beyond me the ball was not rolling in the second have in dunns area and nearly caught dunn out .

poor ref and a two dodgy linesmen and fourth official

its not im a poor loser we were second best to them and they deserved the win but they were a team full of cheats who cond the ref on two major decisions
Old 3rd April 2018, 12.19:11   #15-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJB View Post
Didn't Hyde have the same kind of set up with Man City ?

Didn't they finish bottom with about 20 points ?
I think Boreham Woods relationship with Arsenal is a bit “different” shall we say.
Their pitch is indeed of the type that is allowed in the EFL.

It cost a lot of money, (£1 million English £s) and I’m pretty damn sure they didn’t save up the gate money from their 400 or so regular fans to fund it.

I have no idea who could have, though I do note that Arsenal Ladies and various other Arsenal youth and development teams use the facilities, including the playing surface, at Meadow Park.

Oh, and if we look closely, we find that none other than a certain Arsene Wenger and Ivan Gazidis graciously accepted the invitation preside over the official opening of their new pitch and facilities.

All perfectly allowable under the NL rules, though.
Old 3rd April 2018, 17.39:31   #16-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
I think Boreham Woods relationship with Arsenal is a bit “different” shall we say.
Their pitch is indeed of the type that is allowed in the EFL.

It cost a lot of money, (£1 million English £s) and I’m pretty damn sure they didn’t save up the gate money from their 400 or so regular fans to fund it.

I have no idea who could have, though I do note that Arsenal Ladies and various other Arsenal youth and development teams use the facilities, including the playing surface, at Meadow Park.

Oh, and if we look closely, we find that none other than a certain Arsene Wenger and Ivan Gazidis graciously accepted the invitation preside over the official opening of their new pitch and facilities.

All perfectly allowable under the NL rules, though.
Thats all well and good but if someone paid for our pitch to be better I doubt we'd be any better off. They probably paid for the pitch so they can have the ladies and various other teams use it for free. Doesn't improve BW's budget much does it.
Old 3rd April 2018, 17.43:37   #17-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Doesn't improve BW's budget much does it.
How do they afford their squad on their attendances then?
Old 3rd April 2018, 17.47:51   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Thats all well and good but if someone paid for our pitch to be better I doubt we'd be any better off. They probably paid for the pitch so they can have the ladies and various other teams use it for free. Doesn't improve BW's budget much does it.
I'd say it makes a huge difference to them. They get 2 new pitches free of charge that they can hire out. They also paid for the irrigation and drainage, new floodlights, changing rooms, fencing etc.
I don't know the details of the deal with Arsenal but even if they don't get another penny then they are still hugely benefiting from the fact they have hardly any stadium overheads to pay.
Almost every penny they make can go on the team.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.41:35.