Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th April 2018, 14.14:34   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny says 'all stick together'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
This is also a load of bollocks. The people I know who follow the club who have never beennon redpassion seem to have the same issues if not worse.

The biggest moans amongst a lot of lads I know is the lack of ambition, the reluctance to spend on a decent forward or the lack of money we have to go forward. Im not saying any of these are true but that's the general feeling atm.
I know where you're coming from, Dixie but there's a finite amount of money available. Without a rich backer I suppose it would be unwise to use all our resources speculating on a striker who may or may not deliver.

I expect the board are aware that you can't extract more and more from the fan base. It's all a bit Catch 22, I feel.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.20:31   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

From my point of view that is an excellent summary of the season JND. Negative , frightened football absolutely. Two things I would add- first it is a toss up whether the midfield are "impotent" or whether they have been completely scared to play out of the instructed manner . Kelly in particularg has decent skills but have his hands been absolutely tied . The second point is we were also given a football lesson at Fylde and after a little wobble they are on the march now and look certs for the playoffs. If only we had their striker.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.26:22   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Surely the money we have is the money we have.

I could say you have a lack of ambition for not having a better house or car but perhaps you’re spending within your means

Dixie probably looks at the average crowd for this division which last season was about 1600,so we are 3000 above average multiply by the magical £12 per head we seem to have an extra £828.000 more revenue through the gate than the average team,also with having a decent fan base our commercial dept is making more money again,yes we have got Eastleigh etc with rich chairman but still many fans are happy for us to have a team that did better than last season.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.39:18   #22-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:

I could say you have a lack of ambition for not having a better house or car but perhaps you’re spending within your means
The alternative view is that with £100k profit then that would have got a better striker.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.40:45   #23-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Dixie probably looks at the average crowd for this division which last season was about 1600,so we are 3000 above average multiply by the magical £12 per head we seem to have an extra £828.000 more revenue through the gate than the average team,also with having a decent fan base our commercial dept is making more money again,yes we have got Eastleigh etc with rich chairman but still many fans are happy for us to have a team that did better than last season.
But that’s not how football works. If Dixie thinks that then he’s stupid.

We’re not reliant on a bloke to top up our finances like many at this level.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.46:40   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
But that’s not how football works. If Dixie thinks that then he’s stupid.

We’re not reliant on a bloke to top up our finances like many at this level.

So why have the likes of Macclesfield and Aldershot played us off the park the last two seasons with crowds of 1600 and not a rich chairman to help them out?
Old 4th April 2018, 14.55:43   #25-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
The alternative view is that with £100k profit then that would have got a better striker.
That was last years profit. Presumably we have spent it on Pearson etc
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th April 2018, 14.56:17   #26-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:

I think that's the issue, people seem to think we've either kept the build the budget money or spunked it somewhere else.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.56:59   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So why have the likes of Macclesfield and Aldershot played us off the park the last two seasons with crowds of 1600 and not a rich chairman to help them out?
The Aldershot owner is pretty rich. I don't think the Macclesfield guy is poor either.
Neither plough money into the club's but I'm always a bit unconvinced by Macclesfields claims of poverty. For a club who are apparently strapped they've got some good players there who have stayed with them for years .

But the answer on both counts is good experienced managers. Although we are above Aldershot so not sure why we should be compared negatively to them.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.31:34.