Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th April 2018, 14.57:15   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny says 'all stick together'

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So why have the likes of Macclesfield and Aldershot played us off the park the last two seasons with crowds of 1600 and not a rich chairman to help them out?
This. I cannot fathom why so many don’t understand this.

There are a plenty of teams with lesser budgets than ours who’ve played us off the park.
Old 4th April 2018, 14.57:30   #29-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
Because it's full of whingers and moaners who don't represent 95% of the supporters who attend matches.
You know this for a fact do you? You’ve obviously questioned every fan and analysed the results I take it....

These whingers and moaners will be the same whingers and moaners who have done more than most to save the club?

Judging by your comments your expectations of what a fan forum like this should be like are way off.
Old 4th April 2018, 15.00:23   #30-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So why have the likes of Macclesfield and Aldershot played us off the park the last two seasons with crowds of 1600 and not a rich chairman to help them out?
I’m not convinced by Macc being paupers. They miss paying wages yet bring in new players!

I understand we have a top 7 budget and we’re in the top 7. Of course, if Macc do have this perceived bottom 4 budget that we’re lead to believe, we need to spend last year's profit on Askey!
Old 4th April 2018, 15.05:14   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
I know where you're coming from, Dixie but there's a finite amount of money available. Without a rich backer I suppose it would be unwise to use all our resources speculating on a striker who may or may not deliver.

I expect the board are aware that you can't extract more and more from the fan base. It's all a bit Catch 22, I feel.
I think in some areas we've gone for quantity over quality eg. Rutherford, Macreth and Franks for the right wing.

In other areas we've brought in the wrong players for the position, more than once eg. neither Kelly nor Deverdics are left wingers. The left side is a bit of a mess as there's no back-up/competition for Jennings. In addition neither Kelly nor Deverdics are the creative central midfielder required.

A lot went well in the transfer market; but when you look further foward than the back 4 it gets very flakey.
Old 4th April 2018, 15.09:53   #32-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
But that’s not how football works. If Dixie thinks that then he’s stupid.

We’re not reliant on a bloke to top up our finances like many at this level.
I was only saying what I hear people moaning about Alan. You seem to enjoy presuming things about different posts at the moment, it was only yesterday you went off on one about the ownership model as a reply to my post about the current management team.

Most teams come here and play us off the park, every week. They just do the basics ffs, we can't and havent done so since the early days of Gary cnut face. It's all about the managemnt and coaching for me, we just cant get it right.

Last edited by dixienormous; 4th April 2018 at 15.14:53..
Old 4th April 2018, 15.12:15   #33-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
I think in some areas we've gone for quantity over quality eg. Rutherford, Macreth and Franks for the right wing.

In other areas we've brought in the wrong players for the position, more than once eg. neither Kelly nor Deverdics are left wingers. The left side is a bit of a mess as there's no back-up/competition for Jennings. In addition neither Kelly nor Deverdics are the creative central midfielder required.

A lot went well in the transfer market; but when you look further foward than the back 4 it gets very flakey.
On paper, that looks a bloody decent squad for this league.

I’m fairly convinced that if we don’t go up this year, we need to keep this squad together and try again. As you say, perhaps look for a bit more quality over quantity and get a bloody good striker with the wages of two squad players.
Old 4th April 2018, 15.14:51   #34-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Players are good at talking the talk in the media (this is not a criticism of Manny) but I hate the talk in the press because when push comes to shove they don't perform. But let's get real here, this season the league has been a pretty level playing field no outstanding sides, although having said that Macclesfield looked the business when they thrashed us at Macc, fans were saying they will fall away, not been paid etc, this is a side mainly thrown together just before the season started as they say cream always rises to the top.

We have flattered to deceive all season playing negative scared to leave our own half football, an impotent midfield all season, a goal shy strike force for many seasons, walking out the ground Saturday I heard many fans using the 50yr old we don't want to go up, we can't afford to go up, we're happy in this league big gates make a profit etc. But the truth is simply put Keates signed 2 excellent at this level centre backs, a left back who is not consistent basically not good enough. A rightback who is average at best, Wedgebury who covers every blade or grass but can't pass the ball Kelly who is also inconsistent and lacks strength. Upfront Holroyd who had a half season of scoring goals, but another who is easily knocked off the ball, various other strikers alongside him non of them better than average. Quigley who for a big lad wimps out of a challenge and plays like an individual. Their is talents there but a lot to learn, Rutherford the busy bee who can't beat a man, no wingers worthy or the word and Keates final before jumping ship signings Deverdics who looks dead lazy and another weak as a kitten, Franks who quite frankly would struggle in the league below, Ainge who came here not fit and looks out of his depth Raven him only decent January signing who has a football brain who you can see has played at a higher level but sits on the bench.

So what I'm trying to say is this is no longer Mills team so Keates must take the blame not Andy Davies & Darlington.
Posted via mobile theme
Mostly agree with this. Keates created this pedestrian and unbalanced squad so he must either shoulder the blame or gain credit, depending on the season's outcome: currently, I now think it touch and go whether we hang in there or drop out of the POs.

It wasn't the fact we lost on Monday - defeats are part and parcel of being a non-League team - but it was the manner of the defeat:

Poor team selection;

Poor tactics;

Poor game management;

Poor discipline;

Poor response to a rigid BW and a pedantic ref.

Keates is no longer part of our set-up. Since he departed and AD took over, we have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 1. The general level of football has been poor. They stuck with under-performing players for too long, and then made things worse when they made some much needed changes.

AD and CD now have 5 games to come up with a fix for a mediocre team that has suddenly decided to act like 5-year olds, whilst seeming incapable of raising their game.

Manny's request for unity and support is fine - and I am sure most fans will respond appropriately - but we also need the management and players to up their game. The time for paper-talk bollox is over; we need some steel and determination.
Old 4th April 2018, 15.17:01   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
This. I cannot fathom why so many don’t understand this.

There are a plenty of teams with lesser budgets than ours who’ve played us off the park.

That felt if i was a pupil been talked down to by his school teacher,who the flip are you
Old 4th April 2018, 15.17:29   #36-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I was only saying what I hear people moaning about Alan. You seem to enjoy presuming things about different posts at the moment, it was only yesterday you went off on one about the ownership model as a reply to my post about the current management team.

Most teams come here and play us off the park, every week. They just do the basics ffs, we can't and havent done so since the early days of Gary cnut face.
Strange post Dixie.

Most teams don’t come here and play us off the park. What a ridiculous thing to say. We’ve lost two home games all season.

I would say we’re not dominant enough at home and that’s testament to the number of wins by a single goal and the draws.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.36:52.