Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th April 2018, 20.23:37   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dagenham Match Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
So did you attend or not ?
Yup
Old 14th April 2018, 20.48:18   #29-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Upper

Decent performance from us today. We were unlucky to lose.

We are still in it though!
Old 14th April 2018, 20.57:04   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mainly go to away games

Unfortunately the results have deteriorated significantly since Keates left and in my view we have one throw of the dice to try to salvage something from this season .

I have no doubt that Davies is a good coach and a decent guy but for reasons unknown to
me , it simply hasn’t worked out .

We have two games left and if we win those games we should make the playoffs . I think that the players confidence is low and doubt that Davies will be able to motivate them for a final push .

I hope the board will consider making a bold decision , ask
Andy to step down for the last two games and appoint a new manager on a short term incentive based contract .

We made a profit and I would suggest we look at paying someone expenses only and a bonus of £50,000 if we get promoted . The right individual with motivational skills might just be able to galvanise the squad , restore confidence and secure the results we desperately need
Old 14th April 2018, 21.01:10   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
In the main when he has got on Mackreth has been woeful but today he was a different player. Did get me thinking we had someone in on a sneaky loan. Unfortunately too little to late for a contract next season.

Ainge your right. Horrible to think we've wasted money from BTB on him. He wasn't fit when he arrived here and was a gamble thats cost us dear when we needed another striker.
Mackreth showed he can play and for 30 minutes I though my previous criticism may have been unfair. Unfortunately the game lasted a further hour by which time he became anonymous. We need 90 minute players .. wedgebury and pearson were the only 2 who managed that although the often criticised Jenning put in a decent shift.
We deserved to win and should have. One of the more entertaining games this season and determined forward play that, on another day, we could have scored 5 or even more.
A win today would have been massive given other results ... we cling on..
Old 14th April 2018, 22.01:18   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Middle of ERS in front of 12th man

Their fans who came into the shop felt they'd used up all their get out of jail cards for the next few seasons! They thought "that" effort was over the line & both Quigley and Manny should have been awarded pens for being fouled & 1 of their players blocked a (Pearson?) Header on the line with a hand. I have to say I didn't see the last one & the 1 on Manny would have been soft but was more of a pen than the 1 Boreham Wood got. Overall a decent performance apart from the finishing.
Old 14th April 2018, 22.08:40   #33-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbobisback View Post
Their fans who came into the shop felt they'd used up all their get out of jail cards for the next few seasons! They thought "that" effort was over the line & both Quigley and Manny should have been awarded pens for being fouled & 1 of their players blocked a (Pearson?) Header on the line with a hand. I have to say I didn't see the last one & the 1 on Manny would have been soft but was more of a pen than the 1 Boreham Wood got. Overall a decent performance apart from the finishing.
I think they were just being nice mate.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th April 2018, 23.51:03   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbobisback View Post
They are skint and lost their better players in January. Still good enough to beat us though.
Old 15th April 2018, 08.29:33   #35-0 (permalink)
Aj1
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
In the main when he has got on Mackreth has been woeful but today he was a different player. Did get me thinking we had someone in on a sneaky loan. Unfortunately too little to late for a contract next season.

Ainge your right. Horrible to think we've wasted money from BTB on him. He wasn't fit when he arrived here and was a gamble thats cost us dear when we needed another striker.
Keep saying this, Mackreth had a great start to the season, then got injured, since the has made several 4/5 minute late appeaences many of them out of possition, Keates preferred Rudders! No idea why he has not played, I thought yesterday we played good to watch football, Boden linked up well, Rudders put in a shift on the left and scored a good goal, the team for the first time looked balances, pity we lost to be honest. First half Kelly and wedge gave the ball away, Jenno is to slow tracking back, Mackreth actually covered for him late in the second half,Myers a right sided winger covering for the left back! Raven has an off day, but it happens, got to look at the mananagement team as said before setting up not to loose playing poor to watch football, yesterday it was exciting, we should have scored several times, their first goal was excellent, and we should have cleared the second, build on this and get two wins to end the season.
Old 15th April 2018, 09.06:15   #36-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj1 View Post
Keep saying this, Mackreth had a great start to the season, then got injured, since the has made several 4/5 minute late appeaences many of them out of possition, Keates preferred Rudders! No idea why he has not played, I thought yesterday we played good to watch football, Boden linked up well, Rudders put in a shift on the left and scored a good goal, the team for the first time looked balances, pity we lost to be honest. First half Kelly and wedge gave the ball away, Jenno is to slow tracking back, Mackreth actually covered for him late in the second half,Myers a right sided winger covering for the left back! Raven has an off day, but it happens, got to look at the mananagement team as said before setting up not to loose playing poor to watch football, yesterday it was exciting, we should have scored several times, their first goal was excellent, and we should have cleared the second, build on this and get two wins to end the season.
You can’t go saying things like that on here.....” I WANT AKIL WRIGHT STARTING “, would be better!

My good friend Wrexham Legend once said on here that a majority of people on here watch “Wrexham” and not the match as a whole. Being the intelligent fellow that he is, he could see through a lot of the ill informed views put onto this message board. I tend to agree with him.

Yesterday was an entertaining game, although the urgency shown in the last 30 minutes is something that has been missing all season. Our lack of tempo is costing us points. Every time we take a lead, we slow to a snails pace, drop deeper and let the opposition into the game. We don’t go for a second goal and generally seem to end up conceding. If we were taking the lead and there was ten minutes left in a tight game, I understand the mentality, but we seem to want to play like this for 60/70 minutes in some games.

What pleased me yesterday was wedgebury played in midfield and not as an extra centre back. He isn’t the best midfielder in the league by a long stretch, but he has energy and is best utilized chasing further up than he previously has been.

My biggest criticism has been our predictable play and lack of tempo all season. Yesterday was the first time this year we have had a winger in the team quick enough to beat the full back and cross the ball.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.00:57.