Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2018, 23.03:45   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: New manager 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
Something positive from today: Andy Davies cannot be made permanent manager now.
Are you sure?
Old 21st April 2018, 23.13:02   #29-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
he wasnt replying an opinion.. i read it as if they poster was commenting as if it was a fact.. not a mere opinion "ie: i think they are scared"
The evidence.....

Keates leaves us in a hole. Although we had some compo atleast-rumoured to be £75k

Askey was in the running the last twice for our manager role. The second time we couldn't afford the compo so we had to plump for the cheap option in keates. So no real need for an interview this time. Maybe just a call or two and a meeting to get the paperwork done.

Board meeting to discuss replacement concludes we shall approach someone. There is no noise regarding interviews like the 2 previous appointments.

Darlo and Davies agree to take the reins until the end of season. We all know they don't want the job permanently.

It's all been very quiet...extremely quiet as if new manager is lined up.

Asensio is seen casting his eye over our players the last few weeks. He has past links to Macc.

Askey was royally pissed off with the Macc owner after the late payment fiasco.

Today's comments just after you have won the title??

Last edited by jonesfach; 21st April 2018 at 23.16:18..
Old 22nd April 2018, 07.13:26   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
he wasnt replying an opinion.. i read it as if they poster was commenting as if it was a fact.. not a mere opinion "ie: i think they are scared"
Surely it’s implied that posts here are people’s opinion? For example, when you call Foxy a Chester fan, is that a fact you have evidence of? Or your opinion?
Old 22nd April 2018, 07.28:40   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The evidence.....

Keates leaves us in a hole. Although we had some compo atleast-rumoured to be £75k
as above , a lot. of managers/players these days have clauses in their contracts.. i personally think as long as their was some kind of loophole both ways... then the board was right to impliment clauses .. espeially considering a 3 year deal on A NEW manager who hasnt managed before. so a 3 year deal for a newbie manager was a big risk.. hence clauses made sense

Askey was in the running the last twice for our manager role. The second time we couldn't afford the compo so we had to plump for the cheap option in keates. So no real need for an interview this time. Maybe just a call or two and a meeting to get the paperwork done.
I personally didnt want Keates when he was originally signed for us as manager... sure askey was in the running.. but not many on here was shouting for him.. nor the 1st time either. fact is if the board prefered somebody else over askey at the time.. then so be it.. hindsight is a wonderfull thing but you cant call opinions based on hindsight.

Board meeting to discuss replacement concludes we shall approach someone. There is no noise regarding interviews like the 2 previous appointments.
so just because the board didnt make it 100% transparant and tell everybody exactly what they was doing.. when..where and who with.. makes them scared? dont talk soft.

Darlo and Davies agree to take the reins until the end of season. We all know they don't want the job permanently.
1. we didnt know "at the time" .. but mainly when they was appointed.. pretty much everybody on here was of the conclusion for the sake of continuity and some kind of normality and same routine that D&D was put in charge... again HINDSIGHT is a wonderfull thing.. but you cant base trying to say the board was scared purely based on their appointment.

so again because its been quiet.. they are scared? considered the guy they have lined up in already working at a club ? under contract ? so cant be named.. what spencer harris apprantly recently said about a manager being named straight after end of season.. to me seems as if we already have somebody in place and ready to sign.. again just because they aint shared details with everybody doesnt mean they are scared

Asensio is seen casting his eye over our players the last few weeks. He has past links to Macc.
so this proves the board is scared... how exactly ?

as above

as above[/QUOTE]
Old 22nd April 2018, 07.29:56   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Surely it’s implied that posts here are people’s opinion? For example, when you call Foxy a Chester fan, is that a fact you have evidence of? Or your opinion?
Its neither Opinion, Fact of Evidence when i call im a chester fan
Old 22nd April 2018, 07.39:24   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
The evidence.....

as above , a lot. of managers/players these days have clauses in their contracts.. i personally think as long as their was some kind of loophole both ways... then the board was right to impliment clauses .. espeially considering a 3 year deal on A NEW manager who hasnt managed before. so a 3 year deal for a newbie manager was a big risk.. hence clauses made sense

I personally didnt want Keates when he was originally signed for us as manager... sure askey was in the running.. but not many on here was shouting for him.. nor the 1st time either. fact is if the board prefered somebody else over askey at the time.. then so be it.. hindsight is a wonderfull thing but you cant call opinions based on hindsight.

so just because the board didnt make it 100% transparant and tell everybody exactly what they was doing.. when..where and who with.. makes them scared? dont talk soft.

1. we didnt know "at the time" .. but mainly when they was appointed.. pretty much everybody on here was of the conclusion for the sake of continuity and some kind of normality and same routine that D&D was put in charge... again HINDSIGHT is a wonderfull thing.. but you cant base trying to say the board was scared purely based on their appointment.

so again because its been quiet.. they are scared? considered the guy they have lined up in already working at a club ? under contract ? so cant be named.. what spencer harris apprantly recently said about a manager being named straight after end of season.. to me seems as if we already have somebody in place and ready to sign.. again just because they aint shared details with everybody doesnt mean they are scared

so this proves the board is scared... how exactly ?

as above

as above
[/QUOTE]

Not saying anyone's scared!

Just putting some of the more factual evidence down in one post so we can discuss.

I am convinced it's Askey. Maybe Yates...but Asensio knocking about says it all points to Askey. They worked at Macc for 12 months so they know each other well. I can't put Yates with Asensio but if someone can??
Old 22nd April 2018, 07.45:04   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

I guess we will find out after the last game by how long it takes to appoint the new manager. Lots of fans seem to think its a done deal and many are reading a lot into Askeys comments yesterday. Maybe all is not well at Macc for him!

I suspect no-one has been interviewed yet and the process wont start until after the last match and it will then take weeks until we see an appointment. I hope I am wrong.
Old 22nd April 2018, 07.53:04   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I guess we will find out after the last game by how long it takes to appoint the new manager. Lots of fans seem to think its a done deal and many are reading a lot into Askeys comments yesterday. Maybe all is not well at Macc for him!

I suspect no-one has been interviewed yet and the process wont start until after the last match and it will then take weeks until we see an appointment. I hope I am wrong.
One minute the noise was we are looking at the applications and next minute it all went quiet and AD and CD were appointed until the end of season. Did the board have a change of heart or did they approach the bloke who perhaps came second last time? It was quickly concluded....the compo sticking point isn't a problem this time as Walsall have just give us a few bob! Another thought is perhaps BH and DB resigned from the board due to them wanting Askey appointed? The rest of board said we can't afford him?? Bit of a guess but feasible??

I can't believe the board will have sat on their hands for 2 months?

Who is Asensio working for and why is he here knocking about?

Last edited by jonesfach; 22nd April 2018 at 07.57:28..
Old 22nd April 2018, 08.05:14   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

The reatained lists will be starting to come out in the next couple of weeks. We MUST have a new manager in by then to get the pick of the better released players before another club gets their hands on them
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.32:37.