Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2018, 17.57:06   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: The current Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I think we need a Horne type figure to help the club board on the footballing side. Would Andy Morrell devote the time? Wouldn't want him as manager but someone to at least offer some wisdom having been a player and manager
Posted via mobile theme
Morrell could be a good shout, he's worked wonders at Tamworth and was harshly dismissed. His work regarding their academy has been very impressive indeed growing it in size conserdably and will produce first team players in the near future I'm sure. All without this league funding we keep getting told about, just an excuse in my eyes.

Trouble is, would he do it for free or would we need to pay him a wage? I'd support paying out a wage to such a person.
Old 21st April 2018, 18.01:27   #11-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Morrell could be a good shout, he's worked wonders at Tamworth and was harshly dismissed. His work regarding their academy has been very impressive indeed growing it in size conserdably and will produce first team players in the near future I'm sure. All without this league funding we keep getting told about, just an excuse in my eyes.

Trouble is, would he do it for free or would we need to pay him a wage? I'd support paying out a wage to such a person.
Would he do it for free???

That’s exactly why we are where we are...
Old 21st April 2018, 18.03:19   #12-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazcabz View Post
I applaud them for turning the financial aspects around of Wrexham AFC,but are sadly lacking from a football prospective. A change of board is a must if we can ever hope of a return to the Football League.Not in my lifetime I fear after supporting the town of my birth since I was old enough 13 years of age when I travelled from Birkenhead from Upton on a regular basis.
So you’ll give up your time to serve the club?
Old 21st April 2018, 18.03:27   #13-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: mold road row o

Quote:

He would leave for a managers job if one came up........would Joey be an alternative to sit on the board?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st April 2018, 18.04:54   #14-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Sacked by Tamworth .......
Old 21st April 2018, 18.05:03   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
The Board needs Changing their total philosophy is one of caution and penny pinching.
But Keates had a bigger budget than his two predecessors didn’t he? Just sayin.
You can debate how he spent it which always has to be the managers prerogative in my opinion but not that he didn’t receive a competitive amount.

Fact is there just weren’t goals in this squad. Not just the lack of the fabled goalscorer which he tried and failed to land, but throughout the team. Practically no goals in midfield or out wide. Add that to the Boden problem and poor recruitment in January (when it’s always difficult to get who you want) meant that, once the dour one goal wins dried up, we didn’t have the ammo to change games. Like most, I thought sticking with the tried and trusted at such a late stage would get us into the play offs at least where anything can happen. The wheels have come off badly which probably shows the importance of Keates in keeping these players competing. Talk of bringing in a replacement when he left or even a few games later doesn’t reflect the real world. Who? For how long? With no chance of bringing anymore players in. If they are honest (appreciate feelings are running high) most people faced with the same situation the board faced would have done the same thing. I mean in the real world not sounding off on a message board.
Old 21st April 2018, 18.07:37   #16-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Love all these people saying sacked the board . Are they prepared to put the hours in for the. Club. Probably not!!
Old 21st April 2018, 18.08:08   #17-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

The issue is choosing a manager and giving him the resources to get us promoted. Having a paid Director of Football would divert resources away from the playing budget.

Give the new manager clear goals appropriate to the budget we can afford. With money tight that means effectively making the POs and then sucking and seeing what happens after that. Hopefully, the new manager has the luck and judgement to get a quart out of a pint pot.

Ultimately, the fans’ owned model we currently have will balance the books but cannot ensure a league winning team. That is unpalatable to some, but is where we are.
Old 21st April 2018, 18.10:26   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewloered View Post
Love all these people saying sacked the board . Are they prepared to put the hours in for the. Club. Probably not!!
Have you got a job description for this position? How many hours do you have to put in?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.10:17.