Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd April 2018, 10.40:18   #37-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Just got back

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
best chance weve had all the time weve been down here and its now gone be prepared for another ten years and more in this league
I'm sure Macclesfield and Accrington fans didn't start the seasons expecting promotion. Football isn't always predictable.
Old 22nd April 2018, 10.44:55   #38-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo View Post
We clearly haven’t been shit all year, topping the table in November and only losing 5 games at that point. Yes we have been very defensive minded but looked set for a playoff place under Keates. It’s only the last 6 or 7 games where we’ve been truly inept, no coincidence under a buffoon of a caretaker manager...

I think Dixies point was about the standard of football we were watching, it says it all our standards have dropped when fans think Rutherford and Wedgebury are good players because they work hard and run around a lot, shame they lack the basics of being a footballer being able to pass the ball a few yards in Wedgebury case and beat a defender in Rutherfords position.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd April 2018, 10.50:17   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Standard has been shit and if that's the best Davies Darlington can do after a full year be happy see them leave , last few weeks have been a farce
Old 22nd April 2018, 11.03:19   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I'm sure Macclesfield and Accrington fans didn't start the seasons expecting promotion. Football isn't always predictable.
I listened to an interview with John Coleman and he believed they could get promoted this season. They had a great finish to the tail end of the previous season and he has meetings with all parts of the club to say they could get promoted and everyone at the club needed to believe this and be part of the dream (or words to that effect). Especially the players who needed to play with pride and their chests out. What a performance.
Old 22nd April 2018, 12.33:40   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Bottom of the Eric Roberts Stand.

Great post. Unfortunately you could see this coming a mile off. My take on it is we've been pretty awful since that Macclesfield game back in December. I don't think we've dominated a game (maybe except Torquay) all season. Let's face it we've rode our luck massively at times this season. A good start, but as the season's dragged on we've ultimately been found out to be nowhere near good enough. In 2 minds over Keates, can you really blame him for taking it? But the other part of me says maybe he should have stuck it out. I'm confident he would have got us play offs. Davies is massively out of his depth, but fans shouldn't point the blame at him. The players need to take a long look at themselves, too many cowards in this team. Only ones I'd keep would be Pearson, Smith, Wedgbury, Quigley. Agree with people's observations about Jennings. Why we gave him a 2 year deal is beyond me. He's been useless all season, dire player. With Salford and Chesterfield in this league next season it's only going to get harder..
Old 22nd April 2018, 15.20:18   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
We've barely been able to string a pass together, we've had nothing in midfield and we've hardly created or had a shot on goal in many games. We defended bravely at times but if we're honest we rode our luck a lot of the time.

It seems like we've worked hard on our defensive side but completely neglegted every other aspect of the game, and that's a bloody joke.
Very true Dixie.
Keates was the glue holding the paperplane together
Old 22nd April 2018, 19.25:39   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo View Post
Pressure is on the swaggering board to deliver a decent manger and explain why no appointment was made when AC/DC's limitations were exposed for all to see. If they have someone in place who will be best for the long-term future of the club, then fair enough and all the die hard fans above who are understandably wavering will be back. If it is Asensio or some other lightweight, then we need a riot.
Let's see who they choose and it will be equally important who the new manager chooses as his team as part of the problem has been assistants clearly not up to the job or in Darlington more interested in his Wales job.
If the present WAFC board cock this appointment up it will be time for wholesale changes as they will clearly not be fit to do their job and I for one am sick to death of this continuing amateur mess. Brilliant sorting the finances out but for what as it's all pointless if we don't have a sucessfull football team.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.17:49.