Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2018, 21.22:52   #19-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: We need investment & a new approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I’m fine thanks and you will find I have been right about almost everything that has happened. It’s not me who needs to get a grip.
Well done, I'm so happy for you that you have been right. You must be delighted that we have had an unsuccessful season. What a 'fan' you are. Do us a favour and go 'support' someone else. Idiot.
Old 21st April 2018, 21.24:47   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by livpoksoc View Post
FWIW Macc haven't bought their way out the league. They may have broke he mould slightly, but look at FGR - their owner ploughed money in until they got promoted, now he seems to have bored of it.
He's hardly got bored. He's building them a new stadium. The difference this year is due to financial fair play he can't plough millions into the team
Old 21st April 2018, 21.29:27   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livpoksoc View Post
FWIW Macc haven't bought their way out the league. They may have broke he mould slightly, but look at FGR - their owner ploughed money in until they got promoted, now he seems to have bored of it.

I agree there may be some value in a restructure of the running of the club, but unless we can court some investment in the knowledge it's a money bonfire, I can't see how we can change what we have without compromising the club.
Lets see how Macc do with Financial Fair Play rules in the Football League.
They plead poverty but always seem to get someone to bail them out.
They have players who don't come cheap yet support a team on crowds of less than 2000.
They then get Blisset to help get them over the line.. I bet he's earning £250 a week
Old 21st April 2018, 21.30:52   #22-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi3973 View Post
Well done, I'm so happy for you that you have been right. You must be delighted that we have had an unsuccessful season. What a 'fan' you are. Do us a favour and go 'support' someone else. Idiot.
Here we are again. I give an opinion, which I am entitled to, and a defender of the status quo resorts to telling me to “support someone else “ and then calls me an “idiot” . What is the problem with you people ? And why do you all resort to abuse when you have lost the argument ?
Old 21st April 2018, 21.40:16   #23-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redted View Post
Quick question. Have the club spent all of the build the budget money?
I’d be curious to know that as well. Deverdics was bought for a token fee so where’s the rest gone? Wages couldn’t have gobbled all that up?
Old 21st April 2018, 21.49:42   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Here we are again. I give an opinion, which I am entitled to, and a defender of the status quo resorts to telling me to “support someone else “ and then calls me an “idiot” . What is the problem with you people ? And why do you all resort to abuse when you have lost the argument ?
"Here we go again", "You people", "You all". This implies this is a common issue Foxy. Maybe, just maybe this should show you that your opinions are not popular. Just repeating yourself time and time again doesn't make you right. Not realising this does make me think that yep, you are an idiot. And again, "you have lost the argument" makes it sound like you are happy we haven't gone up, so yes, I repeat, go 'support' someone else (as you don't support us). But we haven't lost the argument, there are many one-owner rich benefactor models who also fail. Or do as well as FGR, ah yep go up but then fail to compete due to FFP.

Oh and BTW, once again, for the millionth time you've been asked, where is this rich mystery knight in shining armour of yours?
Old 21st April 2018, 21.58:39   #25-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

How we’ve collapsed has been absolutely shocking. The board couldn’t stop Keates going. I do think the decision to let Davies and Darlington carry the club forward was the right decision at the time, if I was in charge I’d have done the same, but it soon became clear it was the wrong one, instead of anyone making the difficult ruthless decision we need to escape this division everyone stood by probably hoping we scrapped 7th place. I’m sorry but we were in freefall and anyone at the top should have said “we can’t let this go on anymore, we need to bring someone in”.

Now because of that neglect of duty we’ve got another year in the conference, we’ll once again be in the first year of a 2 year plan to get out of the league and the fans will be asked to build a budget that’ll be wasted.

We need to take a long hard look at ourselves as a club. How long did we persist with 2 defensive midfielders at the start of the season costing points when it was obvious it was costing us games? How many years will this be now that we haven’t found a decent keeper? How many years will Coddington come on loan to us and show us what we’re missing? How many years will Massanka come on loan to us before we realise it’s just wasting money on him? What’s the point of building the budget if it’ll just be wasted.

I know this is negative but it’s the same every year. The people running the club seem to be too nice with the management and afraid to demand changes. Next manager we get put a clause in his contract if he’s falling short in the league he can be released for free so we don’t have to have patience with him. We arent looking for someone to join the gravy train we want someone to get us out of this league in the shortest time possible.
Old 21st April 2018, 22.03:25   #26-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi3973 View Post
"Here we go again", "You people", "You all". This implies this is a common issue Foxy. Maybe, just maybe this should show you that your opinions are not popular. Just repeating yourself time and time again doesn't make you right. Not realising this does make me think that yep, you are an idiot. And again, "you have lost the argument" makes it sound like you are happy we haven't gone up, so yes, I repeat, go 'support' someone else (as you don't support us). But we haven't lost the argument, there are many one-owner rich benefactor models who also fail. Or do as well as FGR, ah yep go up but then fail to compete due to FFP.

Oh and BTW, once again, for the millionth time you've been asked, where is this rich mystery knight in shining armour of yours?
If you look at this board and Facebook tonight I really don’t think I am in a minority . Then go and consult those who are not on social media at all and you might get a shock.

You imply that I “don’t support us “ ( ie Wrexham ). That’s an insult to be honest and I am not having it.

I am tired of you and your mates owning my club and taking it down , and then telling me that I should go somewhere else. Who the hell do you think you are ? Perhaps you should go and support somebody else....
Old 21st April 2018, 22.06:23   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverared View Post
Yet another season in this garbage league. As a fan owned club I feel the FANS deserve a little better. I know there is a lot of Wrexham fans who think we should be seeking investment, others are quite sceptical given what’s happened in the past. I actually think we are in the best possible place to seek investment as a fan owned club and is something we should look at in the close season. There are online so many build the budgets you can do and blow fans hard earned money on a load of rubbish like SOME of the players we have signed this season. It seems aren’t going to get anywhere without a little helping hand so i’m all for it, bring it on!

I also don’t think it would be the worst idea to bring in some external experience on the board for some advice as well as potentially a director of football. In my opinion and many other Wrexham fans opinion we need to try something new and this is the best time to do it!
what would anybody be investing in exactly? we have no assets apart from the players.. investors INVEST to have some kind of return on their money.

if a rich benefactor wishes to gift the club money they are free to do so within the current set-up

as for thinking we deserve better... we cannot afford to compete with many teams in this league financially.. i would not be surprised if every team above us..except for mac have a bigger budget than us.. by budget.. i don't mean FFP based on their income from attendances etc.... i mean from money at their disposal from rich multi-millionaire owners or money made from last season (sutton in fa cup last year , Boreham woods links with arsenal) etc etc all have more money than us.

as much as we would like to be bank rolled.. i dont see how we can .. as , as said above an investor... Invests for some kind of financial return.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.37:39.