Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2018, 22.57:30   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box
Twitter: @

Default Fed up 4 The Final Chapter

Well thats it then, unless we all believe in fairies Our Season which promised so much has ended in bitter disappointment.
So who is to blame.
1. Keates for leaving us? Well probably a bit although his brand of football was probably the most boring I have seen for a long long time.
2. Davies/Darlington? Yes but through no fault of their own Davies stepped up but wasn't really up to the task. As for Darlington again he stepped up but as far as I am concerned for a supposed “Super Coach” i haven't seen anything different on the field since Keates went. In fact we have been arguably a lot worse.
3. The Team? Well it would certainly appear they are bottlers but what I have seen most of the Season is, players being played out of positon and when it has gone wrong no plan B. And that was under Keates as well as Davies/Darlington.
4. The Board? Well in my opinion they are probably the most culpable. There is no doubt that the Board have done a great job in steadying the club and putting us on a fairly stable footing. However and it is a big However at Xmas we were in with a huge shout of automatic promotion and that was the time to go for it big style. They should have opened the War Chest and said to Keates take the lot and get us up, it was the best chance for many a year. Oh and before folks jump all over me and say he got the players he asked for. Do you really believe that, I reckon he was told you can have this much and no more to bolster the team. For me though their biggest Sin was not bringing in a Manager Straightaway when Keates jumped ship. I said then it was a mistake but Boy I was hoping I was wrong, events have proved I wasn't. Another mistake for me is to allow Davies/Darlington to sort out the retained list WHY? The last few week haven't inspired me to trust their judgement it really worries me that.
5. The Fans? The Fans the most Wonderful Fans in the Country who come in such numbers at home and travel all over the Country to give the team the most amazing backing whilst watching such Unadulterated S##t . Not on your F#####G Life are they to blame they should all be awarded a Bloody Medal for what they have to go through.
Well thats it now I Am now going to have a little Sob and hope to God that the new Manager isnt The Cheap Option yet again but I am not holding my Breath
Old 21st April 2018, 23.35:49   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Fed up 4 The Final Chapter

The club decided, in spite of previously stated policy of investing football fortune money in team-building, to deny Morrell all the cash from a highly successful campaign that included two Wembley outings.
This year's profits, which would have been known to the board in January, also comprised football fortune cash. Does anyone think that Keates added to his squad in January and then told the board he didn't need the more than £100,000 that the club banked?
Old 22nd April 2018, 05.44:11   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

If the board really did refuse Keates sufficient funds in January as you speculate why didn’t he tender his resignation? If I need funds for a project I have to make a convincing business plan because my board of directors employ me to be the expert in that area.
I am sure the board have and will make mistakes but the manager has to have the final say on recruitment. The fact is that after 45 games it appears that DK did not recruit the right players. What has compounded that is that since he left it appears his deputy was incapable of motivating the same group.
You have forgotten the players. Keates left us as a shoe in for the playoffs and yet this group have shown ill discipline and a lack of desire (last Saturday excepted where we had the desire but a selfish donkey up front) sorry but even captain fantastic seems to illustrate his frustration by arguing constantly with officials rather than motivating his team mates.
Old 22nd April 2018, 08.31:31   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
If the board really did refuse Keates sufficient funds in January as you speculate why didn’t he tender his resignation? If I need funds for a project I have to make a convincing business plan because my board of directors employ me to be the expert in that area.
I am sure the board have and will make mistakes but the manager has to have the final say on recruitment. The fact is that after 45 games it appears that DK did not recruit the right players. What has compounded that is that since he left it appears his deputy was incapable of motivating the same group.
You have forgotten the players. Keates left us as a shoe in for the playoffs and yet this group have shown ill discipline and a lack of desire (last Saturday excepted where we had the desire but a selfish donkey up front) sorry but even captain fantastic seems to illustrate his frustration by arguing constantly with officials rather than motivating his team mates.
Well far be it for me to argue with you but I did attribute blame to the players by saying that they were “Bottlers” whilst adding that players were being played out of position. As for The Manager resigning really? In this day and age you expect someone to resign from their job because the bosses wont give them the money they want for recruitment. It was probably explained before he got the job that, that was what he had to work with. I do agree though that Keates’s recruitment’s left a lot to be desired. I also agree that the team has let the fans down big style and it is obvious that the 2 left in charge couldn't motivate them or even change the tactics. This shows that in our most important Season for years the Board made a mistake in not getting a new Manager in straightaway. I will concede though that even the most pessimistic fan couldn't have seen this capitulation.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.19:33.