Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd April 2018, 16.58:39   #19-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Craig Bellamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
Next year will be even tougher, Tran mere will spend as will the class of 92. As I and other have said we missed a trick by not pushing the budget out by 25/30% this year....next year will cost 150-200% budget increase for us to compete....and that won’t happen.

Those who criticise my point of view need to open there eyes and should understand probability.
I'm afraid it's you that doesn't understand probability.25% additional money this year would have been about £180k. Money we didn't have.

Are you one of the people who max out credit cards in the hope you can pay it back.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17.03:20   #20-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

If that’s the case why don’t we just pick 11 random people from the turf 45 min before kick off?

There is an exception to every rule, but 95times out of 100 in the team that spends the most wind the league. I am not saying we spend crazy, but I would welcome a more aggressive approach.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17.30:17   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodGreen View Post
Saunders is the best manager we have had in this league however no be will get us out of here unless there is massive investment
Ya mad bap!!
Aye, was allowed to spend a flipping fortune on 80 odd players that nearly bankrupt the club.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17.41:43   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS Stand

Ninety-five times out of a hundred? Last ten winners (never mind 100) are Macclesfield, Lincoln, Cheltenham, Barnet, Luton, Mansfield, Fleetwood, Crawley, Stevenage and Burton. How many of them had the highest budget? You might scrape four / five. I've already given you lots of exceptions to the rule, not just one (as 'an exception' implies).

There is a difference between picking random people from a pub 45 minutes from buying and picking actual good players and a good manager to meld them together into a team. As I said, finance is just one factor.

By saying increase the budget by 25/30% then yes, you are saying we should 'spend crazy'.

Sorry if you think this is critical, but saying " those who criticise my point of view need to open there (it should be their eyes btw) and should understand probability" when you have shut eyes over the implications and show no sign of understanding WHAT probability is, never mind how to use it in a valid argument, is a bit daft.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17.54:36   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

No worries, you are correct in that respect. Thanks for pointing it out.

But on the other, I totally disagree. And I can’t believe our budget is that high either.

Sorry should have said 1st team playing budget.
Old 23rd April 2018, 18.44:10   #24-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi3973 View Post
Ninety-five times out of a hundred? Last ten winners (never mind 100) are Macclesfield, Lincoln, Cheltenham, Barnet, Luton, Mansfield, Fleetwood, Crawley, Stevenage and Burton. How many of them had the highest budget? You might scrape four / five. I've already given you lots of exceptions to the rule, not just one (as 'an exception' implies).

There is a difference between picking random people from a pub 45 minutes from buying and picking actual good players and a good manager to meld them together into a team. As I said, finance is just one factor.

By saying increase the budget by 25/30% then yes, you are saying we should 'spend crazy'.

Sorry if you think this is critical, but saying " those who criticise my point of view need to open there (it should be their eyes btw) and should understand probability" when you have shut eyes over the implications and show no sign of understanding WHAT probability is, never mind how to use it in a valid argument, is a bit daft.
Macc have blown the you need a big budget and two years to gel a team myths out of the water this season.

I think half the problem we have had is that our players either aren't scouted properly or we get them and use / play them in the wrong position. Deverdics proffered position is central midfield, we play him wide left. Quigley likes to run onto balls played through behind the defence, we use him as a target man same with Boden. Square pegs round holes and it shows.
Old 23rd April 2018, 18.49:12   #25-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not a prob. But the budget point does hold true. Look at the Premiership for example as well (figures available readily online). In the last ten seasons only twice have the highest spenders finished top.

Summer of 2008 Top Spenders: Man City. 2008-2009 Finished:10th (Man Utd Champs)
Summer of 2009 Top Spenders: Man City. 2009-2010 Finished: 5th (Chelsea Champs)
Summer of 2010 Top Spenders: Man City. 2010-2011 Finished: 3rd (Man Utd Champs)
Summer of 2011 Top Spenders: Man City. 2011-2012 Finished: 1st
Summer of 2012 Top Spenders: Chelsea. 2012-2013 Finished: 3rd (Man Utd Champs)
Summer of 2013 Top Spenders: Spurs. 2013-2014 Finished: 6th (Man City Champs)
Summer of 2014 Top Spenders: Man Utd. 2014-2015 Finished: 4th (Chelsea Champs)
Summer of 2015 Top Spenders: Man City. 2015-2016 Finished: 4th (Leicester Champs)
Summer of 2016 Top Spenders: Man Utd. 2016-2017 Finished: 6th (Chelsea Champs)
Summer of 2017 Top Spenders: Man City. 2017-2018 Finished: 1st

And biggest spenders in Championship, Div 1 and Div 2 (Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Swindon) are 5th, 2nd and 9th respectively. I haven't been able to find out total spending for our division, but I think everyone will agree Macclesfield weren't top of that!
Old 23rd April 2018, 18.52:04   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Macc have blown the you need a big budget and two years to gel a team myths out of the water this season.

I think half the problem we have had is that our players either aren't scouted properly or we get them and use / play them in the wrong position. Deverdics proffered position is central midfield, we play him wide left. Quigley likes to run onto balls played through behind the defence, we use him as a target man same with Boden. Square pegs round holes and it shows.
I think this has been a problem. When Quigley came in and we looked like we may finally have had the missing piece of the puzzle, with him up front, Boden just behind playing those balls through, Holroyd on the left (and still scoring goals) and Rutherford on the right, things looked rosy. Then Boden was dropped, Holroyd playing in his position, and Deverdics (who as you say prefers centre) pushed out to the left. It went pear-shaped after that.
Old 23rd April 2018, 19.57:19   #27-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
If that’s the case why don’t we just pick 11 random people from the turf 45 min before kick off?

There is an exception to every rule, but 95times out of 100 in the team that spends the most wind the league. I am not saying we spend crazy, but I would welcome a more aggressive approach.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.55:34.