RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Major shake up isn't required - wt.....? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111834-major-shake-up-isnt-required-wt.html)

pagl 1st May 2018 08.01:59

Major shake up isn't required - wt.....?

So the season ends and the touting for a new contract comments start to emerge.....starting with the Post article today where it states 'major shake up isn't required in summer'. wtf....really!!

A couple of whammies in there as well:

There are a lot of loan lads in, they are going to leave!!
created lots of chances.....missed the one player to finish the moves off.

Lets hope the new manager doesn't fall for this twaddle - 8 players contracted for next season and the rest (maybe Holroyd excepted) are past their National league use by date. Its time for re-stock the cupboard with some new talent.

I am hoping to have seen the last of quite a few.

krux 1st May 2018 08.08:17

Re: Major shake up isn't required - wt.....?

I agree with this.

Half a dozen quality players added to the 8 and I'll be really optimistic.

WREX01 1st May 2018 08.13:57

Roberts
Smith
Pearson
Wedgbury
Wright

Are all decent enough to create a promotion chasing team. It all depends on which tactics are used and which forward players are brought in.

Deverdics could become good if played in his correct role.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

t1954 1st May 2018 08.15:10

[QUOTE=krux;2140919]I agree with this.

Half a dozen quality players added to the 8 and I'll be really optimistic.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious. Only two players are worth kerping, are we watching the same team.

A major shake up on the pitch is required, who made this quote in the Post?

techender 1st May 2018 08.17:37

Having not seen the article, who made these comments?

If its anyone from the club - player or official - then it insults the intelligence of every Wrexham fan.

This season will go down in the annuls as being the biggest missed opportunity ever, and the last six weeks or so have been disgraceful. One win short of the playoffs and they couldn't even raise their game enough to achieve that, despite some of those games being against clubs with nothing to play for.

That doesn't strike me as a club that hasn't got serious problems that require another overhaul.

krux 1st May 2018 08.19:39

[QUOTE=t1954;2140923]Are you serious. Only two players are worth kerping, are we watching the same team.

A major shake up on the pitch is required, who made this quote in the Post?[/QUOTE]

We have some good players, and some 'good enough' players.

New GK

Roberts (good enough)
Pearson
Smith
Jennings (good enough)

Wright (good enough, but hopefully will kick on)
Wedgebury
New Star midfielder

New striker/winger
New Star Striker
Holroyd (good enough)

So, with only 4 quality additions I think we'll do better.

sparky 1st May 2018 08.31:36

[QUOTE=WREX01;2140921]Roberts
Smith
Pearson
Wedgbury
Wright

Are all decent enough to create a promotion chasing team. It all depends on which tactics are used and which forward players are brought in.

Deverdics could become good if played in his correct role.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agreed, although I'll be very surprised if Deverdics comes good but we live in hope. I'd also add Jennings to that list.

Clearly this summer is all about recruiting a keeper, some forwards and a midfielder, so certainly not a major shake up. Not a bad position to be in for the new man.

rob0916 1st May 2018 08.32:46

Seems like a sensible assessment to me. We’re not a million miles away, in fact just a couple of results that went our way would see us in the playoffs. We’re just missing a striker who can actually hit the net and not miss chance after chance.

TWREX 1st May 2018 08.35:53

[QUOTE=sparky;2140931]Agreed, although I'll be very surprised if Deverdics comes good but we live in hope. I'd also add Jennings to that list.

Clearly this summer is all about recruiting a keeper, some forwards and a midfielder, so certainly not a major shake up. Not a bad position to be in for the new man.[/QUOTE]

No sign of Dibble on anyone's list, thought he did ok the few games he played.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.01:40.