Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th June 2018, 10.32:13   #1651-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Lets not be so defeatist, sounds like that is what Sam is doing now, competing for the better players. If we were Man City and could take our pick, with money no object, where would the fun be in that. Fylde, Chesterfield, Salford maybe a challenge but bring it on.
Personally having a team of excellent players seems pretty fun to me (Although I appreciate it wonít happen) but your view may vary...
Old 14th June 2018, 10.43:35   #1652-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018

I don’t get why some people are so obsessed with a perceived lack of transfer activity.

Let’s look at what a Ricketts has done so far.

1. Appointed after the last game
2. Took his time reviewing videos of games and seeking opinions before announcing his retained list. Personally I think he got this right.
3. Offered 4 contracts to first team squad members who have all accepted. Add them to those already under contract and that means less transfer activity this summer than previous years
4. Agrees to release a player on compassionate grounds but replaces him a few days later.
5. Has said on a few occasions we are unlikely to sign anymore players till preseason. He wants quality which we all agree is needed. So why people aren’t listening to what he said baffles me. He has been very clear that we all need to be patient.
6. Coaching staff not yet in place but they aren’t needed till July. He’s already said he’s working on this.

Like all managers his success will come through good signings and strong coaching. Nobody should judge him or get concerned until he’s had time to prove himself. Let’s just all relax, enjoy summer and let Sam get on with his job.
Old 14th June 2018, 10.44:04   #1653-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I donít get why some people are so obsessed with a perceived lack of transfer activity.

Letís look at what a Ricketts has done so far.

2. Took his time reviewing videos of games and seeking opinions before announcing his retained list. Personally I think he got this right.
3. Offered 4 contracts to first team squad members who have all accepted. Add them to those already under contract and that means less transfer activity this summer than previous years
4. Agrees to release a player on compassionate grounds but replaces him a few days later.
5. Has said on a few occasions we are unlikely to sign anymore players till preseason. He wants quality which we all agree is needed. So why people arenít listening to what he said baffles me. He has been very clear that we all need to be patient.
6. Coaching staff not yet in place but they arenít needed till July. Heís already said heís working on this.

Like all managers his success will come through good signings and strong coaching. Nobody should judge him or get concerned until heís had time to prove himself. Letís just all relax, enjoy summer and let Sam get on with his job.
Old 14th June 2018, 10.55:57   #1654-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon View Post
I donít get why some people are so obsessed with a perceived lack of transfer activity.

Letís look at what a Ricketts has done so far.

5. Has said on a few occasions we are unlikely to sign anymore players till preseason. He wants quality which we all agree is needed. So why people arenít listening to what he said baffles me. He has been very clear that we all need to be patient.
6. Coaching staff not yet in place but they arenít needed till July. Heís already said heís working on this.

Like all managers his success will come through good signings and strong coaching. Nobody should judge him or get concerned until heís had time to prove himself. Letís just all relax, enjoy summer and let Sam get on with his job.
I am relaxed already , after reading that
Old 14th June 2018, 11.22:56   #1655-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

So that's about a week's work, what about the other month or so?
Old 14th June 2018, 11.57:50   #1656-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshian View Post
So that's about a week's work, what about the other month or so?
Agree especially as he said he wasn't taking any holidays yet ,but its this statement he made that worries me "Has said on a few occasions we are unlikely to sign anymore players till preseason" . So off we go to Portugal etc with half a team and unable to sort out who does what who plays where because we are still recruiting players .
Just because Sam says things doesn't mean we have to accept all this bull . I am not worried at this time but I fear we are sleep walking into a real mess being led by a new manager with no experience and an executive board constantly cutting the amount he has to spend . But heh its all ok as we can have yet another BTB .
Sorry to sound a bit gloomy but the jury is out on Sam and until I see that we are recruiting better players etc I fear the worse but hope for the best
Old 14th June 2018, 12.11:10   #1657-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @APricewxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
I am relaxed already , after reading that
I even read it twice!
Old 14th June 2018, 12.13:02   #1658-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

From one football fourm

Wrexham have approached Shrewsbury to take Ryan Barnett on loan. Wrexham are also close to taking Ryan Giles from Wolves on loan (spent time on loan at Telford last season).
Old 14th June 2018, 12.17:23   #1659-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @APricewxm

Who is Ryan Barnett?
Who is Ryan Giles?
Does Sam love the name Ryan?

Old 14th June 2018, 12.21:16   #1660-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

I really hope we don't build a team from loan players, it's always disappointment, if they perform they're straight back to the parent club and fee increases, do badly and we're stuck with them for a year. I don't mind loan signings to cover injuries but at this time of the season we're hopefully looking to invest in the team and sign players

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.06:41.