Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2018, 12.20:13   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Have we improved that much in 12 months?

Not sure I really care because what does it bring ? I would simply like us to improve in the next twelve months by converting at least half of our draws into wins and then we have a fighting chance.
Old 4th May 2018, 12.20:16   #11-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Honestly not really

Whilst defensively we have come on leaps and bounds the midfield and attack are at best poor. Also we are playing some of the most unattractive football seen at the Racecourse in a very long time and our inability to kill teams off when one nil up has cost us.

We still have no reserve side to allow players to push for a first team place and if we are being honest the youth system is on its arse.

BTB got a great sum of cash which was wasted on in the main some terrible additions to the squad like Ainge who was clearly a panic purchase and no where near good enough.

Most important of all though we didn't make the playoffs which was the main goal for this season. Yes Keates left us high and dry but there should have been enough momentum to get us over the line. This was the weakest the league has been in years and to not make the playoffs was criminal especially as most the season we were pushing at the top.

So that's my view and now its down to Ricketts to pick up the pieces and try and push forward.

Last edited by NottsRed; 4th May 2018 at 12.21:52..
Old 4th May 2018, 12.21:00   #12-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

For me if were not in the play offs then we havent really improved.
8th, 10th or 12th its the same really especially as each season is different in terms of being able to win points.

BTB should have put us there but it was poorly used in January.
Its a tougher ask next season IMO and until we address the basics its going to be groundhog day.
Old 4th May 2018, 12.21:54   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

i personally think on a whole across the club we have improved. and i think anybody who doesnt think we have improved are just WUMS commenting for troll bait... when they know we have improved really.
Old 4th May 2018, 15.12:24   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Statistically yes with a few more points and top half of the table! (Apologies but that was intended sarcasm) and the foundation of a team to build on unlike 12 months ago. In reality possibly not as this is probably the most dire, uninspiring football I have seen in over 50 years watching the club and, heading towards next season we may struggle to get the fans support on and off the pitch like we did last year. More than ever we need to get off to a decent start to next season.
Old 4th May 2018, 15.21:28   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Not at all in 7 years, if we were so brilliantly ran we wouldn’t be in this mess that’s just speaking honestly. Some of you need to come back to reality that we haven’t really moved anywhere just because we sell a few more items in a club shop isn’t that things behind the scenes are perfect, HOWEVER these guys are giving up their spare time to run it hats off to them but the mistakes have cost us but it has to be expected we all make them they do have the interests of the club at heart also.
Old 4th May 2018, 15.40:27   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

did you at any point in the season feel confident we could win a game,i didnt for me it was like tossing a coin, i never felt that you no feeling weel beat these easy today and that has been the same for 2 or 3 seasons, so improvement is on hold for me
Old 4th May 2018, 15.57:08   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I can see why based on pure league position it looks like we haven't, however we can't underestimate the good season we had which was just undone by the main man going, the wrong man replacing him and the players downing tools.

I believe we have a core of good players and an exciting new manager who can utilise the defensive strength and add offensive strength so I am much more optimistic than I was in the aftermath of the Mills reign, albeit I;m still gutted at our collapse.

However is finishing 10th really any worse than finishing 5th and losing to Ebbsfleet in a penalty shoot out as Aldershot did?
Aldershot smacks of wrexham we would have probably done the bloody same and gone down on pens

if your not first in the NL your last.
Old 4th May 2018, 16.08:22   #18-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmdoug View Post
Aldershot smacks of wrexham we would have probably done the bloody same and gone down on pens

if your not first in the NL your last.
My mate who is a Shots ST holder told e a few weeks ago that he didn't think they were good enough to go up and if by some fluke they did they would strugglein L2. The problem they face for next season is that there are strong rumours that Waddock is off.

Yesterday I was throwing out some old papers including the NLP preview of the past season. None of their experts even mentioned Macclesfield (clearly considered no-hopers) but a number of them saw Ebbsfleet as dark horses. Strange how things actually turn out on the pitch.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.06:55.